Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

your boy made #1 on GRSmash tho. What a time to be alive

YOO THAT SHIELD BREAK WAS SEXY

• Upvote (+1) 1

So hyped for Genesis. Its going to be incredible and start 2016 off with a bang.

For some reason the pools/open bracket feeling of smash major events is always so exciting to me, knowing anyone can have a shot. Something I miss from the Halo days and its not something you see anymore with the other top eSport tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So hyped for Genesis. Its going to be incredible and start 2016 off with a bang.

For some reason the pools/open bracket feeling of smash major events is always so exciting to me, knowing anyone can have a shot. Something I miss from the Halo days and its not something you see anymore with the other top eSport tournaments.

Get your fantasy team drafted on smash.gg!

Is it too early for predictions? Nahhhhh

I ran the 64 bracket (more or less) for Genesis 3 until top 16 and got this: Superboomfan, JaimeHR, LD, Revan, wario, tacos, Banze, Wizzrobe, Kero, Fireblaster, The Z, Mariguas, Wangera, Isai, Dext3r, Kort. I don't know if they're re-seeding for top 16 or if not how the bracket works and I'm too lazy to find out, so my top 8 is ignoring what the bracket would look like.

1. Superboomfan

2. wario

3. Mariguas

4. Wangera (I actually know almost nothing about him but he's Japanese so...)

5. tacos

5. Isai

7. KeroKeroppi

7. Wizzrobe

And Melee. Putting little thought into this one lol.

1. Armada

2. Mango

3. Hungrybox

4. Leffen

5. Mew2King

5. Plup

7. Westballz

7. Axe

Is it too early for predictions? Nahhhhh

I ran the 64 bracket (more or less) for Genesis 3 until top 16 and got this: Superboomfan, JaimeHR, LD, Revan, wario, tacos, Banze, Wizzrobe, Kero, Fireblaster, The Z, Mariguas, Wangera, Isai, Dext3r, Kort. I don't know if they're re-seeding for top 16 or if not how the bracket works and I'm too lazy to find out, so my top 8 is ignoring what the bracket would look like.

1. Superboomfan

2. wario

3. Mariguas

4. Wangera (I actually know almost nothing about him but he's Japanese so...)

5. tacos

5. Isai

7. KeroKeroppi

7. Wizzrobe

And Melee. Putting little thought into this one lol.

1. Armada

2. Mango

3. Hungrybox

4. Leffen

5. Mew2King

5. Plup

7. Westballz

7. Axe

Your melee top 8 is too perfect its straight off of MIOM rankings (minus PPMD I guess). I suspect at least 1 unlikely top 8 appearance 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't even really think of that honestly haha. I don't think PP's head is in the right place so I'm not expecting a great performance from him. I think Plup is legit so I'm hoping he does well.

I don't know, maybe PPU can sneak in if I had to guess.

Without using the pools/bracket I think

1.) Wario

2.) Boom

3.) Mariguas

4.) Wangera

5.) Tacos

6.) Kero

7.) Dexter

8.) Wizzy

Dexter may be a stretch as he is coming out of retirement just for this event iirc, but I figure if the guy can beat Isai's puff and only lose on a counterpick he can do it. Honestly DL only is a huge factor for Isai, he is a master at all other stages, undefeated in torny at Congo/Peach's/Hyrule since 2013.

Hbox at 64? Honestly it's not as surprising as everyone thinks that he's going Kirby. Literally every Melee player does due to the limited tech skill needed to win at lower levels. Chu Dat got 25th at Apex 2014 by beating Greginator--upsets can definitely happen. Hopefully he doesn't get advice from his doubles partner M2K on how to play like a bitch. But there's a lot of everdrives at the event so RIP m2k if he were to enter, even. Speaking of M2K, I was reading a fairly old AMA and the homie trys to claim he was maybe the best Halo PC player in 2004 because he found "secret levels". Lolwut?https://m.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1rluq5/ctemp_mew2kings_ama_and_lots_of_other_stuff/

Dexter may be a stretch as he is coming out of retirement just for this event iirc, but I figure if the guy can beat Isai's puff and only lose on a counterpick he can do it. Honestly DL only is a huge factor for Isai, he is a master at all other stages, undefeated in torny at Congo/Peach's/Hyrule since 2013.

DK is straight ass on not-Dream Land though, so DL-only probably helps Isai in this case.

Maybe I'm drinking the fanboy kool aid but I still think he makes top 8 despite playing DK. If he happens to match up against Wangera that could help him as well, as far as matchups go for DK, Puff is pretty good.

DK is straight ass on not-Dream Land though, so DL-only probably helps Isai in this case.

Maybe I'm drinking the fanboy kool aid but I still think he makes top 8 despite playing DK. If he happens to match up against Wangera that could help him as well, as far as matchups go for DK, Puff is pretty good.

That's a good point. Honestly he very well could get top 8, a lot are predicting it, I just dont have as much allegiance to him cause when i started following the scene he was inactive, so I like Boom a lot more.

64 salty suite could be good too. I'd like to see: Boom vs Isai, ideally Falcon/Pika. There can't be a more salty matchup than that. BarkSanchez vs Fireblaster: Bark has surprisingly upset Fireblaster many times this year, Fireblaster wants revenge. LD vs Banze: LD earlier in the year won this set with an epic comeback, became known as getting Banze'd. Kero vs Tacos: Battle for #2 in NA--both each got 2nd at the 2 nationals. Kort vs Isai Link dittos for fun. And finally, this definitely won't happen, but Boom vs Isai 12 CB streamed at some point.

No Leffen at Genesis, damn

All right I guess Wizzrobe is getting top 8 then

Nope. He is still waiting on his visa to get to him. Kind of sucks.

Mango is still confirmed after everything that happened to him the last few days

64 recap:

Team Mejor wins doubles, Boom and Jaime taking down The Z and Tacos (2nd), who also beat Isai and Rith (3rd).

Isai switches to Mario in singles, no DK on stream even. Beats Fireblaster, but then loses to Wangera 1-2, beats Stranded's Yoshi in Losers 2-0 to secure top 8. Boom has a close game vs Banze, but then almost JV6's him (was hype as fuck). Proceeds to play Tacos' Yoshi and drops game 1. Game 2, Tacos goes Falcon, Boom counterpicks with Kirby, and 4 stocks him at least. Game 3, Tacos busts out Pikachu, vs his Kirby. He's doing really well, it's tied maybe 3 stocks, and Tacos accidentally pauses, so Boom says I'll take the stock lmao. Tacos loses by only 1 stock, Boom secures top 8. Wario plays Wizzrobe, beats him 2-0 3 stocks, secures top 8, undefeated in torny so far. Kero beats The Z to secure top 8. LD's adapter gets broken again, he loses to Kero, places 9-13th. Mariguas beats Kero This leaves us with: Mariguas vs Wario, Wangera vs Boom, Kero vs Wizzy, and Tacos vs Isai.

No Mew2King in Top 8 in Melee :(

Oh well, at least Smash 4 will be hype. Can't wait for ZeRo vs Ranai.

I predict Armada to win Melee and ZeRo to win Smash 4.

Zero was playing incredible yesterday. Not sure anyone stands a chance. Same with Armada. Armada is looking on point.

Isai pulling out that clutch dair to end the match...

Boom will lose to Wario, Wangera will beat Kero, Isai will beat Wangera, setting up hype Losers Finals Boom vs Isai 

Wow Isai just SDed with Pika to lose vs Wangera game 4 3-1

Looks like he fast fell - attempted to jump bair - only bair came out 

so he fast fell bair'd to his death.

Wario punishes are god like. Could watch him and Boom play all day. 

Wario just too solid. Those up b escapes are incredible.

At this point I definitely rank Boom as the best non-Japanese player. Isai is still the most talented player IMO but others have clearly caught up and surpassed him as he's stepped away from the game somewhat. Maybe he'll start playing more after this, who knows. Seeing his Fox and Pika was a real treat.

Really hype tournament. Best viewership and tournament matches ever. My only complaint is La Smash shat the bed with their production on Friday and Saturday. I'm only frustrated because at Apex 2015 they also did terrible.