Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

I'm from Canada, Ontario close to Toronto. I only take melee serious and PM as well if its ever at a tournament I guess.

What region are you in?

new england. We suck lol but its a good time and we have a big scene

new england. We suck lol but its a good time and we have a big scene

Haha isn't MattDotZeb from there? I made a nice $20 betting vs him in the Canada vs Norcal big house crew battle lol

and yeah thats sick our scene is pretty healthy as well

Haha isn't MattDotZeb from there? I made a nice $20 betting vs him in the Canada vs Norcal big house crew battle lol

and yeah thats sick our scene is pretty healthy as well

Yep lol our best player is prolly Zoso right now. MDZ is such a wild card lol he'll completely body me and then game 2 he SDs twice and I win
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've placed higher in mayday's state than he ever has so i have to be better. right?

I'm not even SC anymore. Left like half a year ago. Moved back to Ohio. Didn't travel at all in SC which I feel somewhat bad for. Though there are like no events in or near Charleston. Everything was in Columbia. I've pretty much stopped playing Melee tbh. Picked up Smash 4. I've beaten Duck, 4%, MDZ, Cactus, M2K in a Pichu ditto and a couple more back in like 2010-2012, but I'm ass now lol. I even played 4% after moving back and got beat pretty bad.

More Smash 4 news

hey I beat one person in pools at sandstorm

so it was you who pulled the plug not MacD?  :kappa:

Also I killed M2K with a stitch face once just call me Armada

so it was you who pulled the plug not MacD?  :kappa:

Also I killed M2K with a stitch face once just call me Armada

Hey my one win vs M2K was in bracket with Pichu....at a local. I'm 1-5 vs Jason all time but he still has to hold that L  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm at the top of me small town's ELO rankings for smash 64. 

YOU GUYS GOT NOTHING ON ME

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey my one win vs M2K was in bracket with Pichu....at a local. I'm 1-5 vs Jason all time but he still has to hold that L  :kappa:

brah beating m2k in a pichu ditto is legendary.

brah beating m2k in a pichu ditto is legendary.

I went through a long phase when I was younger where I thought I was amazing and it would be too easy to beat people with Falco. So I went Pichu and yelled at everyone who beat me saying, "DON'T MAKE ME PICK A TOP TIER". It was pretty much my Ganon phase only with Pichu. Made me surprisingly decent with Pichu. Also ironically M2K sucks at the Pichu ditto, but is amazing against spacies. He could probably beat my Fox with Pichu.

I'm at the top of me small town's ELO rankings for smash 64. 

YOU GUYS GOT NOTHING ON ME

Is there a reason you don't get on Netplay? 

Is there a reason you don't get on Netplay? 

I'm lazy and I just hate using PJ64 on my mac. 

I need to start though. I'm really hitting a complacency wall against the people I play with. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@2pro4show you took a game off ybomb? Good shit

Haha thanks, but it deserves an asterisk since he was playing DK for the whole set (I went Falcon). I 2 stocked him game one, lost by one or two stocks game 2 on Hyruke (got tent combo'd a bunch) and lost game 3 last stock last hit. I wish I could replay game 3 because I gave him two gimps by going to the ledge. I adjusted and just started running back to center stage when we he grabbed ledge because I was winning neutral a lot but he just got the grab at the end. Oh well. I have to go watch the vid because I think I remember having a nice shield drop rest at some point.

I'm glad my set vs. Preston wasn't streamed tho, he 2-0'd me as Mario and I played pretty bad. I have a mental block against him in tourney, we pretty much split games online but he's beaten me in tourney 3 in a row now I think.

Still a fun event though, I just did commentary after I got knocked out and that was fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha thanks, but it deserves an asterisk since he was playing DK for the whole set (I went Falcon). I 2 stocked him game one, lost by one or two stocks game 2 on Hyruke (got tent combo'd a bunch) and lost game 3 last stock last hit. I wish I could replay game 3 because I gave him two gimps by going to the ledge. I adjusted and just started running back to center stage when we he grabbed ledge because I was winning neutral a lot but he just got the grab at the end. Oh well. I have to go watch the vid because I think I remember having a nice shield drop rest at some point.

I'm glad my set vs. Preston wasn't streamed tho, he 2-0'd me as Mario and I played pretty bad. I have a mental block against him in tourney, we pretty much split games online but he's beaten me in tourney 3 in a row now I think.

Still a fun event though, I just did commentary after I got knocked out and that was fun.

Yeah, I didn't get to catch it live actually, just peaked at the bracket. Interesting how you guys still have the other stages legal--I'm straight ass at Hyrule so I would be frustrated if that was their CP. And Mario's my worst matchup. I mean you probably went Jiggs, right? But I would have to go Falcon and Mario just simply doesn't die it seems, is incredibly hard to edge guard.. I mean you know all of this but gahh. I'm probably worse at the matchup than Kirby, tbh, at least there I can 0-death Kirby with a grab.

Speaking of other stages, I've watched all the vod of Xanadu with the use of the 19xx mod and it's not too bad. The common misconception before was that ledge DI wasn't possible on any of the stages, but it pretty much is everywhere--maybe not Yoshi's no clouds, but regardless I think that stage is a bit of stretch for competitive play, the blastzones are kinda fucked.  

I just realized I said up there I got a shield drop rest as Falcon. lmao. Must've been another set.

I went Falcon first match vs. Preston then Jiggs for game 2. The Falcon match actually went better. But I just wasn't playing well enough.

I've seen some 19XX, I think Battlefield is great but I don't know about any of the others. I hate Metal Cavern and Yoshi's isn't great either IMO (slanted ground is so janky). I'm on the fence for FD. No platforms is rough as hell... DK would be straight ass on it for example. Even Falcon loses some combo ability, while others become even better (Fox for example). What I would really like to see is Pokemon Stadium layout, I know there's a gameshark code out there that removes the top platform on DL, although it's a little glitchy. It should be possible to make it work though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was Pidge harder than expected or nah

That was easily the best I've ever seen her play, every other time I've played her (while using keyboard) it's been pretty comfortable but my set with her today was actually damn close. I think my puff was rusty today since I've been playing almost exclusively Falcon lately but she has improved a good amount no doubt.

• Upvote (+1) 1