Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

Wow, Leffen denied entry to the States so he's not attenting TBH5. That really sucks both for him and for the event.

wtf happened

https://twitter.com/TSM_Leffen/status/649382419167072256

He needs a work visa probably. It's likely some issue where the government saw a pattern of him earning money in the States but not paying enough tax for whatever reason (I don't know if TSM is involved with handling his prize money or not) or the fact that he's consistently earning as much as he does means the certification he has now isn't enough.

Man that's insane

I assume that hes not going to be allowed back for a loooong time unless someone can get this sorted out. So PP isn't entering Leffen isn't attending. Biggest tournament ever is losing some steam i feel

Been a good day for Smash unless you are Leffen. First, Smash 4 shield stun was dramatically increased making it higher than Melee and roll + air dodge invulnerability frames were reduced by 1. Shield pressure is now more viable and shield break setups are possible. Next, new tech V-Canceling was discovered in Melee. By pressing L/R within 3 frames of being hit, you can reduce your knockback velocity

V-canceling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/3n1kgf/new_global_technique_discovery_vcanceling_reduce/

Leffen also will be able to apply for an International Athlete visa now that eSports falls under that category. Won't be able to get it for Big House, but will be able to get it in a few weeks and drastically lower cost

Been a good day for Smash unless you are Leffen. First, Smash 4 shield stun was dramatically increased making it higher than Melee and roll + air dodge invulnerability frames were reduced by 1. Shield pressure is now more viable and shield break setups are possible. Next, new tech V-Canceling was discovered in Melee. By pressing L/R within 3 frames of being hit, you can reduce your knockback velocity

V-canceling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/3n1kgf/new_global_technique_discovery_vcanceling_reduce/

Leffen also will be able to apply for an International Athlete visa now that eSports falls under that category. Won't be able to get it for Big House, but will be able to get it in a few weeks and drastically lower cost

That Luigi nerf tho.

https://twitter.com/TSM_Leffen/status/649382419167072256

He needs a work visa probably. It's likely some issue where the government saw a pattern of him earning money in the States but not paying enough tax for whatever reason (I don't know if TSM is involved with handling his prize money or not) or the fact that he's consistently earning as much as he does means the certification he has now isn't enough.

Reason why I never say I am earning any money when I go to States. Always say I am volunteering or spectating. They are always annoying me like crazy about this at the border when I go for events. Such a shame for him. 

Not really related to Smash but Scar is in the next episode for Excellent Adventures

It's like Scar is more Mike Ross than Mike Ross lmao

Diddy Kong's revenge for being nerfed too much. He is now once again probably the best character in the game. Tournaments are banning him too.

sucks that leffen isnt in and especially leffen+ice in doubles :(

looking forward to the singles now, and maybe armada+android for the doubles

Big house was reseeded so now assuming there is no upsets, going to be Armada vs M2K, Mango vs Hbox. Will be the first set M2k and Armada play this year iirc. 

really enjoying the tournament so far but man the commentary is as bad as it can get right now, no clue how homemadewaffles gets on the commentary so often, my ears are bleeding from his bs talk that 95% doesnt cover the game on stage at all lol

same for most other popular commentators such as scar that lately seems to overly full of himself with a big urge to express that in the commentary

luckily there still are enough commentators with decent skills, but the tourney organisation and smash community in general should at least questionise some of the established commenators, they shouldnt get away with weak performances like that

really enjoying the tournament so far but man the commentary is as bad as it can get right now, no clue how homemadewaffles gets on the commentary so often, my ears are bleeding from his bs talk that 95% doesnt cover the game on stage at all lol

same for most other popular commentators such as scar that lately seems to overly full of himself with a big urge to express that in the commentary

luckily there still are enough commentators with decent skills, but the tourney organisation and smash community in general should at least questionise some of the established commenators, they shouldnt get away with weak performances like that

HMW is one of the best commentators out there man. But judging from the time of this post you were watching him and Phil during the "non-esports" commentary block, which was added to the tournament after a crowdfunding goal was met and the whole point was for HMW & Phil to commentate like they did back in the old days (e.g. swearing, constantly cracking jokes, etc.).

HMW is one of the best commentators out there man. But judging from the time of this post you were watching him and Phil during the "non-esports" commentary block, which was added to the tournament after a crowdfunding goal was met and the whole point was for HMW & Phil to commentate like they did back in the old days (e.g. swearing, constantly cracking jokes, etc.).

didnt know that and would explain the poor performance, both where commenting on stage games but didnt even really care :/

(why would someone fund such commentary lol)

Because it was hilarious? And it's a callback to the old school days. HMW and Phil are pretty much the original Melee commentators.

You obviously are pretty new to the Smash scene and are missing a lot of context here, people seemed pretty happy with it: 1 , 2

ill just look at it from a different prespective, smash is on the edge to become a very popular esports game, just look at the development it did within just one year with the raise in price money ,viewership increasement on twitch, the growing attendance on tourneys and a lot more

theres just no more space for such a type of commentary if you want to become the next big thing (next to csgo and moba), at least not on one of the two centerstage channels

its no longer an underground sport played and broadcasted out of a garage where you would expect commentary like that

theres nothing wrong with having a third channel dedicated for exactly that kind of commentary so the professionalism doesnt suffer though, i mean they could have also done it on the third "tourneylocator" channel

also different people different tastes, found it fairly inappropriate