Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

Great tournament. So fun watching m2k playing at a high level again, hopefully it lasts.

And Mango, he showed up. Looked dominant in neutral.

Those dropped edgeguards the final game really ended up costing M2K the set. Good showing by Mango and M2K today. Thought it would be a while before I would see M2K beat Hbox again.

Those dropped edgeguards the final game really ended up costing M2K the set. Good showing by Mango and M2K today. Thought it would be a while before I would see M2K beat Hbox again.

Professor Pro though lol i dont care how bad of a mindset Hbox was in that was still impressive

This sequence won him the game: http://oddshot.tv/shot/vgbootcamp-2015090761748481

It's crazy that all tournament Hungrybox was SDI-ing out of up throw --> uair from Fox with near 100% consistency, then M2K comes along and I'm not sure he even missed one of the half dozen or so that he got. Even with the seemingly simple things you see top tier players separating themselves from the rest of the pack.

This sequence won him the game: http://oddshot.tv/shot/vgbootcamp-2015090761748481

It's crazy that all tournament Hungrybox was SDI-ing out of up throw --> uair from Fox with near 100% consistency, then M2K comes along and I'm not sure he even missed one of the half dozen or so that he got. Even with the seemingly simple things you see top tier players separating themselves from the rest of the pack.

Same happened during Evo GFs. Armada hit like 9 uthrow -> uairs with no Smash DI in the set. Not sure if it's the pressure getting to him or what

I'm hyped for 20xx te. I'm sadden to see quite a few people (mainly very oldschool players) are against it

Dude that new video is godlike. Who's against it? Regardless Im gonna use it just playing games and if I do something cool BOOM RECORDED EASY

Smash 4 and Melee will be at MLG New Orleans 

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-super-smash-bros-melee-added-to-mlg-world-finals-2015?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=NG

October 16th-18th, two weeks after The Big House 5 and same days as CEOtaku. Feel like we are starting to get too many events. I can barely afford to go to a handful every year. Can't imagine how non-sponsored top players are suppose to keep up with these

Smash 4 and Melee will be at MLG New Orleans 

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-super-smash-bros-melee-added-to-mlg-world-finals-2015?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=NG

October 16th-18th, two weeks after The Big House 5 and same days as CEOtaku. Feel like we are starting to get too many events. I can barely afford to go to a handful every year. Can't imagine how non-sponsored top players are suppose to keep up with these

Wow! Top players are already burning out with so many events but they will flock to this for the prize money. 

Mayday nobody can afford to go to all these events unless you are sponsored or are actually winning money at these tournaments. Its very unfortunate but the only way to make money is to be amazing or dominate weeklies.

If I do go to a major it will be more for the tourism rather than the event. Like I want to go to Vegas so I'll go to Vegas on Evo weekend.

This event was announced 1 month before the actual event. This is way too soon of a notice. I would love to go to New Orleans but I can't plan on going to something like this 1 month out.

Having so many events is a good problem IMO. Yeah it's too bad players will miss out on some but it's only good for the scene to have more events popping up. I don't think players (even top tier sponsored players) should be expecting or feeling like they're supposed to attend every event anyways.

Shout out to the man 

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but the quality of events are going to start to go down. 30+ of the top 50 players aren't sponsored. As of now, M2K is a maybe, Mango is likely, Leffen said he doesn't think he will go, Hbox doesn't think he can get work off twice in a row like that, and PPMD is pretty much a no. A lot of unsponsored players are saying it's very unlikely they will be able to afford it. Smash the Record is also a week after MLG with a handful of confirmed players. And looking at the Smash 4 side of things, only 2 players have a top sponsorship, Liquid Nairo and TSM Zero. We could very well see a $10k major with very little competition