Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

Is that a new concurrent viewership record for Melee? 200k?

New concurrent record for EVO too apparently. But it'll probably be broken right after this

• Upvote (+1) 2

Mango salt is real. Throws his medal into the crowd and thumbs down when Hbox gets his, lmao

Good thing Mango didn't win the stick then lmao

Good show, loved it. Apprently the casters were terrible? I don't understand though.

Scar/Toph are the best duo in the biz. Idk whos saying that but they wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mango going out of the tournament and the medal ceremony like only he knows how. 

New concurrent record for EVO too apparently. But it'll probably be broken right after this

Or maybe not, damn Smash has gotten big

Need to watch Melee still. Being sick while evo was going on sucked

Or maybe not, damn Smash has gotten big

Nah SF4 made 240k+ and I think Niconico also streamed the event so possibly more (and chinese streams). Still really good stuff as it beat Marvel which is the first time it did that

I wonder what Smash could have hit if they had a longer set here and there with more of the players people wanted to see. 

That SF4 top 8 was unreal and probably one of the best if not the best of all time for the game. 

Already planning for Evo next year. 

I'm gonna plan on hopefully going one of the next few years. Honestly though the venue needs to change, it was beyond ridiculous sometimes like this instance because lack of space 

be1262d3e99da1baa522b4ed00fab17b.png

They did the streams right from what I know but the venue needs way more space now

Edit dunno why the tweet isn't showing but basically GG players had to watch on a phone because playres from other games flooded the area 

I wonder what Smash could have hit if they had a longer set here and there with more of the players people wanted to see. 

That SF4 top 8 was unreal and probably one of the best if not the best of all time for the game. 

Already planning for Evo next year. 

Nobody wants to see Hbox do so well lmao. At least I don't. I want to see Mango PP Armada and Leffen play each other. All we got was PP Armada and PP looked lost.

I really need to get to Vegas next year tho

Nobody wants to see Hbox do so well lmao. At least I don't. I want to see Mango PP Armada and Leffen play each other. All we got was PP Armada and PP looked lost.

PP had moments, but he dropped a lot of stuff you don't see him drop and even didn't adapt in neutral to a couple thing Armada did over and over. Kinda weird to see, but hopefully he shows up to a few more things the rest of the year. 

Yeah, already making sure I'm there next year. Should have been this year, but the people I was suppose to go with backed out. 

Interested to see where Mango is mindset wise after this and going forward in regard to tournaments. 

I kind of wanted to see Hbox do well. He get's a lot of unnecessary hate. Tired of watching Fox players run away shooting lasers until he is at 50% then uthrow uair or usmash. It's frustrating to watch. 

I kind of wanted to see Hbox do well. He get's a lot of unnecessary hate. Tired of watching Fox players run away shooting lasers until he is at 50% then uthrow uair or usmash. It's frustrating to watch.

But that's precisely what you get when someone plays hbox. If he didn't do so well in the first place we wouldn't see that.

I don't mind him winning other tournaments but when the stage is that big nobody wants to watch him time out Armada

Yeah I have zero animosity towards Hungrybox but I found myself really rooting against him. He can bring the hype but this tournament was super defensive from him, not necessarily his fault but it's just not what I wanted to see.

But that's precisely what you get when someone plays hbox. If he didn't do so well in the first place we wouldn't see that.

I don't mind him winning other tournaments but when the stage is that big nobody wants to watch him time out Armada

Who cares about viewership? People keep telling Hbox to not play to win because it makes the game look less appealing. I mean seriously? It's Evo.

Not to mention that Hbox only grabbed ledge when Armada refused to approach and just kept shooting lasers while Hbox had the lead. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who cares about viewership? People keep telling Hbox to not play to win because it makes the game look less appealing. I mean seriously? It's Evo.

Not to mention that Hbox only grabbed ledge when Armada refused to approach and just kept shooting lasers while Hbox had the lead.

I don't blame him for trying to win. I just would rather have seen someone else play. That's all I'm saying.

I don't blame him for trying to win. I just would rather have seen someone else play. That's all I'm saying.

Wasn't really directed towards you. More of a general statement for people who keep telling Hbox he is ruining the game.

streetfighter's top 8 was insane. melee's good fights were before top 8 imo. 

what matches before top 8 were good? Wasn't current with melee this event to know

what matches before top 8 were good? Wasn't current with melee this event to know

Javi vs PPU

Leffen vs hbox

Chu vs Hugs

PPMD vs Hugs

Just off the top of my head

• Upvote (+1) 1