Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

Evo is gonna be ridic. Just wished they had bo5 in all of top 8.

EDIT: Read that wrong.

I think Zero finally found a sponsor  :kappa:

Evo pools are a mess and it looks like they are in the process of trying to fix them. 

Yeah for sure, need practice myself, haven't been playing much recently since missing the last local and knowing I can't make the next one. Just can't play too late on weeknights now that I've started a new job.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The other week or so I realized how some people are so good at melee. The best players started at a young age and the game became such a big part of who they are today that their skill will never completely disappear.

I figured this out because I went on MCC and utterly annihilated some people after not playing for months. The same way halo was such a part of my life applies to melee players too. Just wish I played melee competitively back then I was such a casual Hyrule castle 1v1er back in the day lol

I've been losing interest in playing video games in general. And when I do play I get tired of it pretty quickly. Honestly I want melee fame though I think it's pretty badass to be a well known player.

WTfox is an awesome stream. M2k showed up and doubles GF was m2k armada vs mango leffen. Game 5 mango had 1 stock vs their 4 and he almost won. Insane comeback.

All right, post-WTFox EVO prediction time.

I think Leffen is gonna lose in grand finals to PPMD's Marth. Leffen has proved that he's basically figured out the spacie matchup at the moment. Mango just hits a wall when he plays him. He doesn't lose to Hungrybox and he's way in Armada's head. That only leaves two players I think have a realistic chance of eliminating him right now, barring any insane upsets: PPMD and Mew2King (if he attends).

Marth is the only matchup you could say Leffen struggles with. I didn't expect M2K, coming off a hiatus of sorts, to be able to take Leffen to a game 5, but he did. Leffen still clearly wins neutral but he just can't close out stocks on Marth like he can on other top characters, and M2K's punishes are so fucking bonkers that he actually has an ok chance at beating him. If he cleans up some stuff (like getting shined out of chaingrabs at low percent) it's possible.

But that brings me to PPMD. He's a neutral game monster. He might not convert as hard off every grab but when he's winning neutral like 75-25 he won't have to. If he could come out of nowhere and crush at Apex I don't see a reason to doubt him doing it again at EVO.

Maybe I'm crazy but I honestly think Mango should look into picking up Marth specifically for if he plays Leffen

i just hope PPMD rocks the USA tag :kappa:

Armada can beat Leffen though. He got damn close there. I guess I'll give my predictions.

Top 8 winners-PP mango armada Leffen

PP beats mango, armada beats leffen.

PP beats Armada, mango goes 3Vo

1. Don't sleep on the kid

2. PPMD Kreygasm

3. Armada

4. Zipboy

5. Kanye rest

5. Westballz

7. Amsa

7. Some lucky SOB (think of the last few majors they've always had someone get in top 8 out of nowhere. Silentwolf, S0ft, etc. Some people just get good brackets. I'm just gonna say the Moon to rep NY)

M2k looks like he doesn't even try to improve in melee. I feel like he's been doing the same stuff over and over. It's why he can't beat the other gods because they just adapted. His chain grabs on FD are super lazy, and Leffen showed it. He also dropped so so many edgeguards this tournament which is the main reason he didn't win.

I don't know how one can say leffen struggles in the marth matchup. Sure m2k sent him lucked out to game 5, but leffen was dominate the entire set. He 0-death'd m2k's marth half the time. Those upair chains were impeccable. Leffen also does decent against marth on FD. 

PPMD really looks like the favorite right now based on his apex performance. He has the right characters to beat everyone, worst matchup against hbox but he doesn't lose to hbox. I feel like everyone is playing sloppy right now (especially mango), that if PP just does his thing its impossible for him to lose. 

M2k looks like he doesn't even try to improve in melee. I feel like he's been doing the same stuff over and over. It's why he can't beat the other gods because they just adapted. His chain grabs on FD are super lazy, and Leffen showed it. He also dropped so so many edgeguards this tournament which is the main reason he didn't win.

I don't know how one can say leffen struggles in the marth matchup. Sure m2k sent him lucked out to game 5, but leffen was dominate the entire set. He 0-death'd m2k's marth half the time. Those upair chains were impeccable. Leffen also does decent against marth on FD. 

PPMD really looks like the favorite right now based on his apex performance. He has the right characters to beat everyone, worst matchup against hbox but he doesn't lose to hbox. I feel like everyone is playing sloppy right now (especially mango), that if PP just does his thing its impossible for him to lose. 

I know Leffen looked better the whole set, that's kind of my point. He won neutral and got tons of percent but he doesn't tear through Marth stocks like he does other characters and that gives M2K just enough chances to punish and have a shot at winning. And I mean a shot, if I was betting on their EVO matchup I'd still put it on Leffen.

He just looks less sure against Marth IMO. M2K today, M2K historically, PPU took him to last stock last hit at I'm Not Yelling, hell I know it wasn't tournament but Mango's Marth took him to game 5 as well in the money match they played. Mango did better this weekend against Leffen with Marth than Falco or Fox lol. With Leffen looking super comfortable in the spacie matchup and PPMD being such a stud in neutral I think he goes Marth and I don't know if Leffen can deal with that well enough to win.

I think Leffen is the clear cut favorite for Evo right now. I just don't know who can beat him right now. Hbox might be able to take him out in a bo3 if Leffen is off his game. I don't want to count Mango out, but I've never seen him so shaken after a loss before. Armada has not been playing well during his current stretch in the US. PP is probably the closest, but Leffen choked during their set at Apex. Seeing as Leffen is playing on almost another level as he was during Apex, PP is going to have to come out playing better than ever. M2K isn't/shouldn't be going to Evo. 

Hbox beat PP last EVO though. With a super omega rest of the gods last stock game 3. Which ended PPs tournament cuz he got 2-0d against Armada, albeit both close games. If PP stays in winners he's gonna be tough to beat only mango can beat him from losers i feel

Also lets see your top 8 people! So many story lines coming into this event its gonna be sick. Wish I was going

My weird top 8

1.) Leffen

2.) Hbox

3.) PPMD

5.) Mango

5.) Armada

7.) PPU

7.) Axe

1. PPMD

2. Leffen

3. Armada

4. Mango

5. Hungrybox

5. aMSa

7. PPU

7. S2J (F A L C O N B O Y S)

My weird top 8

1.) Leffen

2.) Hbox

3.) PPMD

5.) Mango

5.) Armada

7.) PPU

7.) Axe

Weird cause that's only 7 people?  :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My weird top 8

1.) Leffen

2.) Hbox

3.) PPMD

5.) Mango

5.) Armada

7.) PPU

7.) Axe

Isn't axe like injured or something? Also yeah ur missing spot lol. Man I really hope melee is here to stay I want to go one year

1. PPMD

2. Leffen

3. Armada

4. Mango

5. Hungrybox

5. aMSa

7. PPU

7. S2J (F A L C O N B O Y S)

Weird cause that's only 7 people?  :kappa:

Isn't axe like injured or something? Also yeah ur missing spot lol. Man I really hope melee is here to stay I want to go one year

4th was going to be M2K but he didn't enter on time like a scrub so I'm forfeiting the spot  :kappa:

Axe should be fine, but I'm still not a fan of him for top 8.

My new slightly less weird top 8 without looking at brackets:

1.) Leffen

2.) Hbox
3.) PPMD
4.) Mango
5.) Armada
5.) Plup
7.) PPU
7.) WIZZZZZYYYYYYYYYY

Will probably have a final top 8 when I see the actual brackets

1. Leffen

2. Armada

3. Mango

4. Plup

5. HBox

5. PP

7. axe

7. PPU

Who knows though. Best of 3 can shake this thing up early.