Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

Oh yeah forgot about that. Still trying to find out which of these new chars are the best. Thinking its Ryu right now. Main switch?

I guess it doesnt matter who I main as long as I press sheild and camp since defensive play is rewarded in Smash 4.

Oh yeah forgot about that. Still trying to find out which of these new chars are the best. Thinking its Ryu right now. Main switch?

I guess it doesnt matter who I main as long as I press sheild and camp since defensive play is rewarded in Smash 4.

Ryu's the best followed by Lucas imo. Ryu might actually be broken in this game

And yeah good luck with that. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way though

Ryu's the best followed by Lucas imo. Ryu might actually be broken in this game

And yeah good luck with that. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way though

I played for a couple of hours last night with a friend, and I gravitated towards Roy. I was surprised.

Edge gaurding Mario is so hard with Falcon... any tips?

Also, is Isai going to Smash Con? It will be interesting to see him play a DL only ruleset. While I think he's obv the best in the game, counterpicking definitely helped him with lower tier characters. The days of Link in the finals are over, IMO. Even with Jiggs he had to go Peach's a couple times to win. I think players have drastically improved since 2012, and he'll have to go a Top 6 character to win.

I'm pretty sure I posted in here about this before, it's fairly consistent if you stop mashing B just before the last few hitboxes come out. Easier in J version with the reduced DI.

yeah its been mentioned and i've known about it but no vid was ever posted on this thread and I pretty much never see it. Finally clicked a random vid with it done. 

also @@LimeSoda it's really hard. Try "perfect pivoting" to ledge grab as the fireball is about to hit the ledge so you can use your invincibility to absorb it then ledge drop backair/stomp/w/e or alternatively try to backair through the fireballs. If you time it right in some situations you can backair through two fireballs and still connect. And if you're going for a stomp from the stage, just always remember that the hitbox on the back of the legs has more disjoint

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah its been mentioned and i've known about it but no vid was ever posted on this thread and I pretty much never see it. Finally clicked a random vid with it done. 

also @@LimeSoda it's really hard. Try "perfect pivoting" to ledge grab as the fireball is about to hit the ledge so you can use your invincibility to absorb it then ledge drop backair/stomp/w/e or try to backair through the fireballs. If you time it right in some situations you can backair through two fireballs and still connect. And if you're going for a stomp from the stage, just always remember that the hitbox on the back of the legs has more disjoint

Thanks, yeah I'll definitely have to work on that pivot sweet spot edge hog. I can get it sometimes but not on lock. Sometimes I try short hop spike but his up B generally catches me most of the time.

Took my 10 year old little brother to a local PM jaunt around here, been teaching him the technical shit for a year now. He got 4th/5th, went 3-2. :')) I didn't compete myself to let him have his day, and the three best in the area I used to go to Xanadu with were there. He did so well haha hopefully he keeps at it. <braggadocious big brother post>

• Upvote (+1) 1

the veteran hbox showing dabuz why hes a smash god. 

He baited those rolls left and right. So many rests

Armada back to back CEO champ calling it now

East Coast Mango showed up yesterday. Let's see if it happens again. I'm going with the stretch and picking Hbox. Hbox is going to knock Armada into loser's and Armada will knock Mango out

EDIT: Fuck it. All in on Leffen or Shroomed

Mango is playing horrible this tournament and getting through by opponent mistakes

Mango is playing horrible this tournament and getting through by opponent mistakes

Totally. God damn I wish mango clutched it to game 5

I have a question though. Could mango have asked for a double blind for game 1? It seemed like he just wanted to try Fox dittos anyway but he could have tried the double blind go get Falco vs Fox right?