Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

ah congrats on getting it working! I can play tonight or any night this week

i didnt get it working i was at home when i posted that. just got back to college after break so we're kinda SOL until december

i didnt get it working i was at home when i posted that. just got back to college after break so we're kinda SOL until december

oh damn. well did u play other people? how did that go?

So im sitting here playing smash 5. I like it but why are so many moves so op and easy to pull off. As an big time 64 player i just cant get over some of the impossible moves you just can't avoid

So im sitting here playing smash 5. I like it but why are so many moves so op and easy to pull off. As an big time 64 player i just cant get over some of the impossible moves you just can't avoid

A lot of characters have some really good moves, but I feel like they also have big weaknesses imo. What specifically is bugging you?

A lot of characters have some really good moves, but I feel like they also have big weaknesses imo. What specifically is bugging you?

I was fighting that one fuck from castlevania and he kept stunning me across the map with one spell looking move, then hits me with an axe or some shit, then it takes him less than a second to run across stage and forward smash me. Idk, im all for sikk combos but dude so many characters just seem sooo easy to pull off shit. I main Link every game, and he can be OP but its player influence that makes Link good or bad because combos are difficult to execute. But THIS? The newer characters from smash 4 and this game just bother me because they seem just too damn easy. Like Little mac in smash 4 I played and he had little to no technical skill. It seems like every classic smash character plays like smash should play, but the newer fighters dont seem like smash. It's almost like Im playing a different game. I cant put my finger on what exactly it is, and I think it's the fact some rules of smash are being broken by the newer characters. 

I was fighting that one fuck from castlevania and he kept stunning me across the map with one spell looking move, then hits me with an axe or some shit, then it takes him less than a second to run across stage and forward smash me. Idk, im all for sikk combos but dude so many characters just seem sooo easy to pull off shit. I main Link every game, and he can be OP but its player influence that makes Link good or bad because combos are difficult to execute. But THIS? The newer characters from smash 4 and this game just bother me because they seem just too damn easy. Like Little mac in smash 4 I played and he had little to no technical skill. It seems like every classic smash character plays like smash should play, but the newer fighters dont seem like smash. It's almost like Im playing a different game. I cant put my finger on what exactly it is, and I think it's the fact some rules of smash are being broken by the newer characters.

Yeah, I can see what you mean with Simon/Richter Belmont. The axe is pretty annoying. It seems that the go-to option for making a new character is giving them two or more projectiles. At the same time I’m not sure if they’re any more annoying than Kirby in S64, Puff in Melee, or Sonic (one example) in Smash 4.

@@Destroyaaa alright so im gonna be home for the next month so we can play some melee netplay whenever u want

also ultimate is nice

Sometime next week lets do it. Or this Sunday works too

You got a switch? My brother has one so I'll be playing that in 2 weeks haha.

Sometime next week lets do it. Or this Sunday works too

You got a switch? My brother has one so I'll be playing that in 2 weeks haha.

yes to both my good man

ultimate is good

Ultimate is great, but Nintendo's lack of a proper online network and system at this point is just a GIANT issue that makes me not want to play them game. 

Everything about the online experience is terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

I will be buying a Switch on the 1st and I will be getting a LAN adapter as well so I can POSSIBLY wax some of ya’lls asses on Smash. I’ll post back with my friend code when I do so.

Never really been a huge smash fan but theres actually a weekly local that ive been going to. Been liking sheik, cloud and kirby but theres so many i havent tried lol

But its chill and a good time.

On 12/25/2018 at 8:27 AM, Lazer said:

Never really been a huge smash fan but theres actually a weekly local that ive been going to. Been liking sheik, cloud and kirby but theres so many i havent tried lol

But its chill and a good time.

Kirby was always my favorite as a kid playing 64 and Melee, but he just straight up sucks now. It's too bad.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:14 PM, Jake Teh Nub said:

Kirby was always my favorite as a kid playing 64 and Melee, but he just straight up sucks now. It's too bad.

He’s the best in 64, worst in Melee, and close to the bottom after that if we’re going off tier lists. I was a Kirby main in Smash 4 and I’m kind of glad he’s not super good since he’s really easy to pick up and play. But at the same time, you could say that about lots of characters. He escapes most combos but doesn’t have a good approach.

I played ultimate for 2 weeks had a good time. Zelda, DK, Richter, Cloud felt good. Ryu a lil bit too.

The single player mode is also a lot of fun

On 1/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, Killmachine said:

fuckin richter

Just stay on his nuts and he can't do anything like most projectile spammers.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:23 PM, amo819 said:

Ultimate is great, but Nintendo's lack of a proper online network and system at this point is just a GIANT issue that makes me not want to play them game. 

Everything about the online experience is terrible. 

Nintendo has never been able to figure out online. Its unfortunate

5 hours ago, Destroyaaa said:

u gonna play every game lol

i was literally playing brawl 2 days ago... i play all smash games

unfortunately at university smash64 is the only one i am able to play online bc of firewalls