Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

@@LimeSoda Bought a GCN to USB raphnet, slowly getting the hang of controller and tryna pick up Luigi. We should play some P2P

Sure thing. I’ve taken a break from netplay for the summer but when I get back to college I’ll have good internet and can play (early sept).

@@Destroyaaa I'm willing to take u up on that but idk how to get netplay to work on college internet. I'm not sure what firewalls they're using but whatever it is, I always fail to connect on netplay now.

@@Destroyaaa I'm willing to take u up on that but idk how to get netplay to work on college internet. I'm not sure what firewalls they're using but whatever it is, I always fail to connect on netplay now.

I've heard of people having those problems. Hope you get it figured out but yeah if you do lmk!

• Upvote (+1) 1

vpn would probably solve it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i tried vpn, didn't help. i found a random dolphin program located in my firewall that wasnt there last time i checked, i checked it to be allowed through the firewall and netplay is working again. thanks fellas

College internet is my Dolphin blessing. Is it a specific error...? Are you sure you're on the same emulator as your opponent?

College internet is my Dolphin blessing. Is it a specific error...? Are you sure you're on the same emulator as your opponent?

It just says failed to connect, (that problem has returned now)

I thought it was a similar issue but I tried multiple people I know using the same emulator and I got a similar result. Checking smashboards for reasons why, and others have had a similar issue. They say the udp port breaking that dolphin uses usually get blocked by universities or other public places because they don't want a million p2p connections going in and out i guess 

@@LimeSoda play 64 with me

Sorry was playing MCC with @@2pro4show. I will get my emu setup in the coming days and will hopefully be able to play, but similarly to you I am also having issues with my university's internet (have only tried MCC thus far though). Seems I'm getting a lower MTU than what is needed.

Sorry was playing MCC with @@2pro4show. I will get my emu setup in the coming days and will hopefully be able to play, but similarly to you I am also having issues with my university's internet (have only tried MCC thus far though). Seems I'm getting a lower MTU than what is needed.

if its worth anything pj64 seems to work whereas dolphin does not. different situation than dolphin I guess. and dont sweat it

My internet won’t be fixed for like a week or so. I haven’t played personally (misplaced my adapter lol) but my roommate has and he said the connection is bad so rip.

My internet won’t be fixed for like a week or so. I haven’t played personally (misplaced my adapter lol) but my roommate has and he said the connection is bad so rip.

fuckkkkkk

whenever u get the chance tho pls play with me i have been playing with dudes like supa in the discord, everyone is so good lol

fuckkkkkk

whenever u get the chance tho pls play with me i have been playing with dudes like supa in the discord, everyone is so good lol

For sure I’ll keep u updated. I definitely want to get some practice in as I’m going to The Big House and Boss Battle in a few weeks (which I defeated Supa at 2 years ago, lol, but he’s good—just a rager)

For sure I’ll keep u updated. I definitely want to get some practice in as I’m going to The Big House and Boss Battle in a few weeks (which I defeated Supa at 2 years ago, lol, but he’s good—just a rager)

fuckkk, you're going to big house? i was going to go but my schedule doesnt permit it that weekend :/ good luck ill be rooting for u

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@LimeSoda

any luck with your internet ? sorry i keep bugging u LOL.

also at my uni they started a smash club, pretty hyped to play against actual competent people rather than my smoothbrain friends. bringing my n64 setup and melee

@@LimeSoda

any luck with your internet ? sorry i keep bugging u LOL.

also at my uni they started a smash club, pretty hyped to play against actual competent people rather than my smoothbrain friends. bringing my n64 setup and melee

It’s still shit unfortunately. Will probably call them tomorrow or Monday for an update. I did find my adapter, though.

And that’s great. I just got back from our Smash Club weekly and we had 35 people come (a lot are Smash 4 players, though). It’s a great way to practice and meet some friends.