Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

@@LimeSoda whats the consensus on non-n64 controllers for ssb? I read that they are legal but im not sure if it is something people are chastised for; i know there are adapters for gamecube controllers for it and i have never liked the n64 controller.

@@LimeSoda whats the consensus on non-n64 controllers for ssb? I read that they are legal but im not sure if it is something people are chastised for; i know there are adapters for gamecube controllers for it and i have never liked the n64 controller.

pretty much everything goes.

2 rules though.

1. no macros allowed except Z+A (this is because R is a macro for Z+A on the 64 controller). 

2. no digital and analog control stick. Digital = better smash di but less precise movements. That is the trade off the community has accepted. you can have one or the other, but not both. 

If you mean teased? then... yeah you might get teased for using a GC controller over internet forums (probably on par with wearing gunners). tho having an xbox/keyboard/hori is fine. Well some people still tease hori players. 

i barely play, but i always play with a gc controller nowadays. yolo

• Upvote (+1) 1

What Riddler said. You won't get chastised at all in my experience--some good players use GCN like Firo. Plus DI is a lot easier (this may be the only thing people complain about). I'd say if you don't like OG it's a good option for sure. 

Here's a link to the product: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_n64_adapter_v3_with_builtin_controller_pak/index.php

• Upvote (+1) 1

any1 wanna netplay melee tonight preferrably east coast/midwest. I will have nobody to play smash with until tuesday

any1 wanna netplay melee tonight preferrably east coast/midwest. I will have nobody to play smash with until tuesday

I'm rusty and busy tonight but we should play some time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm rusty and busy tonight but we should play some time.

yes sir i wont be available til tomorrow night but i will message you when i am free!

Just gotta say I didnt get to watch much of summit 6 live but i watched highlights and the skits after. What a tournament

Games like this is why I got into smash 64. not that kirby/pika vs kirby pika nonsense. 

7min set contains 4 games. kirby v pika can go up to 8

• Upvote (+1) 2

So happy I made top 8. Had to make a pretty deep run from D3 as I got upset on Friday by some Ness lol.

Also JV 5'd this poor guy

• Upvote (+1) 2

I caught your set with mando live. that was a good one. Was cheering for ya.

also the taught cancels into pivot ledge grab. Yeah if I ever learn a new 64 tech it's going to be that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This Smash, competitive or not, is going to be lit as FUCK

It'll be the third most competitive Smash in the officially licensed series. Melee and 64 are still top dog, with Project M being a cool side

Sad I’m not at SSC this year! Hilarious to see Boom bring back the FalcoMaster for Smash Masters...was not expecting that at all. He got Jv 3’d in Smash 4 vs Nairo though lmao. But won in Melee & 64.

Sad I’m not at SSC this year! Hilarious to see Boom bring back the FalcoMaster for Smash Masters...was not expecting that at all. He got Jv 3’d in Smash 4 vs Nairo though lmao. But won in Melee & 64.

boom beating alvin was pretty hype too, it was nice to see him take another smash con. also the combo contest this year felt like it was a lot more varied, really enjoyed everyone's even though prince is obviously the favorite

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last few series of Melee at Smash Con were disgusting. When Armada went down 2-0 at the start I thought Mew2King actually tilted him with the hand warmers bit.

The last few series of Melee at Smash Con were disgusting. When Armada went down 2-0 at the start I thought Mew2King actually tilted him with the hand warmers bit.

Disgusting in a bad way?

That tournament was hype AF

Disgusting in a bad way?

That tournament was hype AF

Nah, disgusting in a really good way. I only saw the last three or four series, but it was incredible.

• Upvote (+1) 1