Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

So Anti 6-1'd LowTierGod in friendlies in SFV and it looks like LTG finally snapped

The perfect:

LTG snapping:

CpVOjLhWYAAzyxf.jpg 

CpVSKzwUEAAHlTg.jpg  

Can't see anything?

Can't see anything?

Shows up for me. Sometime tweets don't load well. The full set was uploaded a minute ago

• Upvote (+1) 1

Super Smash Con was a pretty great event. Didn't make it out of pools and got like 97th out of 314 so pretty underwhelming, but my pool/bracket was tough and the torny overall was stacked. First round I played some low level Baltimore player and 5 stocked him, yet seeding had me losing (??). Thn I had to play Bonobono Winner's round 2, not that I was ever going to win, but I had never played Yoshi in torny before & he literally parried everything and 3/4 stocked me. Then I drop to loser's to play Minnesota's #5 PR and win easily. Then I play Sedda, who I've played online before, and he's worse on console and I improve, but got 0-2'd in both close games. I just hadn't played a high level fox in a while and he spammed lasers and I didn't camp top plat enough. Had I won, I would have had to play Snorlax to get out of pools, so I was gonna get bodied by his Kirby anyway (he then beat sedda to make it out).

Still had a great time, though. Met a lot of people from @@2pro4show's region like Pidge, Preston, Snorlax, all very cool. Got to meet Isai and take a selfie (fanboiii) tho didn't play. Tacos came to our hotel room two nights in a row so that was dope. Also Pidge and Star King. Tacos and I were winning teams so much I declared ourselves the new Team Luv (rip the Z).

Spoilers if you haven't watched the VOD yet, but there were some really great sets. Bonobono lost to Revan and got upset by Zero. Wangera beat d3xter in a game 5 timeout. Isai bodied Wizzy with Luigi, then sandbagged to death. LD beat Banze. Tacos got upset by Kort. Boom 5 stocked Wizzy's Pika. Alvin JV 6'd Fireblaster. So much crazy shit happened haha. Only bad thing was Isai and Boom finally face off in bracket and sandbag after game 1. I definitely feel like Isai could have won the tournament if he was going tryhard. The crowd was very into all of top 8 and we were treated as equals to the other games pretty much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isai gonna Isai. But that was pretty awesome him wrecking Wizzy that one game with Luigi

Also Mango's movement on point!!! You can just see when he's on top of his game

Isai gonna Isai. But that was pretty awesome him wrecking Wizzy that one game with Luigi

I had a bad feeling when he went back to Luigi for game 5. Wizzrobe is the king of mid-set adjustments. That first Luigi game you could tell Wizzrobe had never faced such a good Luigi or had much tourney experience against him (can't blame him really on both counts). He was committing himself way too much. If you're rushing in constantly Luigi's gonna look top tier because he can combo the whole cast; it's his neutral that makes him unviable. Game 5 he was extremely careful and deliberate, which is how you have to play against Luigi because it pretty much shuts him down in neutral.

The combo contest was awesome, hope to see that at more 64 events.

Bostons first supermajor "Shine" is happening this weekend! Mango, M2k, hbox plus a ton of the other top players all attending. I'm so excited haha. Gonna prolly get wrecked in pools I'm so rusty but im also doing doubles and crews so maybe ill have some better luck there

• Upvote (+1) 2

Weedmaps aka @@CodyDragon is sponsoring the smash summit. His sponsorship really turnt up the beachlan. Because of him we have tournament sets, an actual organized tournament, and live commentary with a live stream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Boss Battle 2 was a pretty great event. $40 for the venue, 2 nights in a hotel (well, motel 6) and chipotle catered. Boom, Kero, Stranded, Bark, Fireblaster, & many others were there. 90 total.

I was seeded #3 in my pool out of 5 (top 2 make it out) and managed to get out by upsetting Supa, an online player who got 33rd at SSC. So then round 1 of bracket I play Hipstur, who i've played many times, lose 0-2 both games last stock. In losers I then beat D35 from Cali 2-0. I then played DOGG, who's a newer player, but is really good as he got 2nd in doubles with his brother Dtan, somehow upsetting Kero & Stranded. Our set went to game 3, his Rat vs my Falcon, & I was up 2 stocks to 1 but I fkn blew it. I would have gotten at least 12th but I lost and tied for 17th. Still, great result for me. We did crew battles too and got absolutely gang-banged (i'll link the VOD eventually). I got to play Boom finally and we played like 7 games. Best I did was getting 3 stocked, got 5 stocked a lot too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I rigged together a netplay setup yesterday and played some ranked matches. Only lost twice (both to samus lol) but its a lot of fun

Got 9th at Smash N Splash, lost to Boom & Combo Blaze in D1 under the new Waterfall bracket. Roomed with Tacos, very fun weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got 9th at Smash N Splash, lost to Boom & Combo Blaze in D1 under the new Waterfall bracket. Roomed with Tacos, very fun weekend.

do you like the waterfall bracket

do you like the waterfall bracket

Yes, it is a very good format IMO. You get to play many more matches and play players you would have otherwise never played. It was around 13 sets played total for me but I didn't feel burned out at all. I'm not sure if it would work for Melee however, we only had 63 entrants.

I also saw @@Joe Fries there, surprisingly.

Died a long time ago. I still follow melee and play netplay, but I'd love it if others still talked about it on here

every1 was a fan of classic halo so we browsed TB while we watched tournies or at work. With mcc's failure and the atrocity that is halo 5, every1 pretty much became less active on the forums. I get bored at work so i check TB once a day at least once everything else gets boring, but forums have been really stale since halo5.

2k14-2k15, 40 pages

2k15-2k16, 30 pages.

2k16-2k17 (halo 5 yay!), 7 pages

2k17, we havent even hit a page yet half way through the year

every1 was a fan of classic halo so we browsed TB while we watched tournies or at work. With mcc's failure and the atrocity that is halo 5, every1 pretty much became less active on the forums. I get bored at work so i check TB once a day at least once everything else gets boring, but forums have been really stale since halo5.

2k14-2k15, 40 pages

2k15-2k16, 30 pages.

2k16-2k17 (halo 5 yay!), 7 pages

2k17, we havent even hit a page yet half way through the year

Ya i basically check only at work a few times. I haven't played halo in a long time and haven't followed the halo 5 competitive scene at all. What happened competitively with Halo 5? I played for a few months when it came out then just dropped it.

So I went to a LAN party this weekend, and dominated with Pikachu. I was going up against pretty solid guys who mained Shiek and Falcon.

I haven't seen much of the pro play, but I know Fox and Falcon usually dominate the scene. How does Pikachu hold up?