Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

i havent watch smash since 06 so i basically have a decades worth of amazing matches to catch up on

• Upvote (+1) 1

i havent watch smash since 06 so i basically have a decades worth of amazing matches to catch up on

It never ends

• Upvote (+1) 2

The king nearly had this event. Sucks he couldn't close out that game 5 vs HBOX once again. I believe he was even up 2 stocks. Then he got all negative and once again lost the rematch to Mango

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been addicted to Smash 64. Started play at the local barcade called Abari and have not stopped playing. I didn't realize how fun this game was. Have barely payed attention to Halo too which isn't good. lol Just love the way combos in this game work. So satisfying. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well the scene for 64 is bigger than it has ever been. The only game I play on a weekly basis. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well the scene for 64 is bigger than it has ever been. The only game I play on a weekly basis. 

So i've heard and I hope it keeps growing. It's a lot deeper than people give credit for. Also, and I mean this will all do respect to melee because it is fantastic, but being able to hold my own with Link and the fact all characters have an edge is great. So fun

Any Smash Netplay players here by any chance that want to play occasionally? I play Melee mainly but I also play Project M, Brawl, and I play Smash 64 on occasion as well.

I just play casually, I'm like okay at all of them haha. So no worries if you don't think you're good, because I'm not great either. 

yeah, isnt there a way to play 64 online? can somebody elaborate on that?

yeah, isnt there a way to play 64 online? can somebody elaborate on that?

Oh yeah man, you're hella late to the party. Project64k is what everyone plays on for N64 games. Dolphin for GameCube/Wii games. 

Cannot provide links because of rules and stuff I believe. But on an unrelated note though, have you ever tried google searching for let's say... if you're trying to find puppies? Whenever I'm looking for puppies, I typically search on google on how to find puppies. Because you know, Google is awesome for finding stuff like puppies. Seriously.  :wink:

Tomorrow myself and the WI crew will be headed on a road trip to Indianapolis for Rest Town 1 to battle it out with the Indy Crew and the likes of Combo Blaze, Bark Sanchez, Sotoh, $$ Jim $$ and more. Should be fun but I get nervous AF in torny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tomorrow myself and the WI crew will be headed on a road trip to Indianapolis for Rest Town 1 to battle it out with the Indy Crew and the likes of Combo Blaze, Bark Sanchez, Sotoh, $$ Jim $$ and more. Should be fun but I get nervous AF in torny.

Good luck bro. Wait is this a crew battle?

Good luck bro. Wait is this a crew battle?

There's a salty suite tomorrow night but I don't think we're gonna do a crew battle. Our state would probs get mobbed

There's a salty suite tomorrow night but I don't think we're gonna do a crew battle. Our state would probs get mobbed

Oh okay. I was gonna say if u get nervous for tournament then good luck with nerves in crews lol

Rest Town was a very fun event. I tied for 13th out of 32. Really wanted to get top 8 and I lost 2 sets I shouldn't have, but oh well. It was really cool to hang out with Bark Sanchez, TR3G Hipstur, and the Indy locals. What took us by surprise was the Ohio crew came out and they're pretty good. I made it out of pools as the 2nd seed, dropping a set to Amida who is a campy Kirby. In bracket, I was the 9 seed going against the 8 seed Box from Ohio and lost 0-2 to his Pikachu. I should have won this set, first game was last stock last hit and the 2nd game was uber close too. I was just fucking up my combos--this eas my only set streamed the vod will be up eventually. In losers I then played 16 seed JamJar and lost to his Kirby 0-2. This set made me slightly mad because I wasn't playing well and I'm the better player. So I guess I did not do well in bracket at all but whatever. In doubles, I teamed with an Indy guy last minute who was way below my skill level, and we made it to WR2 against Bark's Pika and JamJar's Kirby. I went Rat and it worked out pretty well, we were winning the whole game, and it came down to just us vs Bark in a 2v1, but we choked and lost LOL.

It was overall a really fun event, though. The only disapointing thing was that Combo Blaze and Knitephox did not show up--neither did Jim or Sotoh. I'll be able to get another chance next weekend at Smash N Splash 2 in IL to take on Wizzrobe, Sotoh, and Bark and Hipstur again (who I surprisingly did very well against in friendlies).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isai confirmed for Super Smash Con, says he's going tryhard Pika & Kirby vs. non-NA players.

Alvin from Peru is also confirmed, potentially some other Peruvians, and at least a couple Japanese players are in the works. So this will likely be the first ever 64 tournament with representation from the 3 strongest regions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Smash N Splash was a hella fun event. Was super dope to see some of the top players in person and how large the community is. For 64, I tied for 9th out of around 50 entrants, mind a few DQ's. I played alright, but had one set where I completely fucking blew it. In WR3 I had to play Meerkat, this local Pikachu player who I've beaten in friendlies constantly and is definitely worse than me. But come tournament time, I lost composure Game 3 when up 3 stocks to 1 and lost the set. He popped off and shit it was embarassing. The route to top 8 depended heavily on this set as a win would have been an easy route, and a loss resulted in playing Combo Blaze for a spot in top 8. So I found myself getting eliminated by Combo Blaze 1-2, and he ended up getting 3rd.

Still had a great time, though. Was fun hanging out with Knitephox, Hipstur and Wizzy in their hotel room playing Mario Party. Knite is a MP GOD it's actually insane. We roomed with Bark Sanchez who's a very cool guy, too. Really wanna go to SSC now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Smash N Splash was a hella fun event. Was super dope to see some of the top players in person and how large the community is. For 64, I tied for 9th out of around 50 entrants, mind a few DQ's. I played alright, but had one set where I completely fucking blew it. In WR3 I had to play Meerkat, this local Pikachu player who I've beaten in friendlies constantly and is definitely worse than me. But come tournament time, I lost composure Game 3 when up 3 stocks to 1 and lost the set. He popped off and shit it was embarassing. The route to top 8 depended heavily on this set as a win would have been an easy route, and a loss resulted in playing Combo Blaze for a spot in top 8. So I found myself getting eliminated by Combo Blaze 1-2, and he ended up getting 3rd.

Still had a great time, though. Was fun hanging out with Knitephox, Hipstur and Wizzy in their hotel room playing Mario Party. Knite is a MP GOD it's actually insane. We roomed with Bark Sanchez who's a very cool guy, too. Really wanna go to SSC now.

Dang but sounds like a great time. Did you actually go down the water slides and stuff?

Also I saw this and had to share. Unreal https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/4o5h4y/the_five_gods_as_texture_hacks/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dang but sounds like a great time. Did you actually go down the water slides and stuff?

Also I saw this and had to share. Unreal https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/4o5h4y/the_five_gods_as_texture_hacks/

Yeah we did as it came with our room, though not for long cause it was pretty underwhelming (there's like 3 slides lol).

Streamed sets are now up

Vs combo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqHTZ5qsD2QETTioxlE5__a4V3O2t4hdX&v=2zf_ZTrR7sU

Easy win

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqHTZ5qsD2QETTioxlE5__a4V3O2t4hdX&params=OAFIAVgY&v=TGsDECoK08M&mode=NORMAL

And i dont even want to rewatch this 1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqHTZ5qsD2QETTioxlE5__a4V3O2t4hdX&params=OAFIAVgQ&v=bIwTCJ66zzk&mode=NORMAL

i hbox recovers, it was pretty sad seeing him get stomped (and i'm not even a fanboy of his)