Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

Has anyone dloaded Project M? I'm literally learning Smash from the ground up, always used to play it at friends houses and I'm getting sick and tired of losing or not having a good time when we LAN.

So what would you recommend, practice the AT's (Wavedash, l-cancel, etc.) or just get good with one character then work on the AT's? I'm planning to main Falco, but I'm having to adjust from Brawl so goodbye SHDL and Gatling combo. :)

Has anyone dloaded Project M? I'm literally learning Smash from the ground up, always used to play it at friends houses and I'm getting sick and tired of losing or not having a good time when we LAN.

So what would you recommend, practice the AT's (Wavedash, l-cancel, etc.) or just get good with one character then work on the AT's? I'm planning to main Falco, but I'm having to adjust from Brawl so goodbye SHDL and Gatling combo. :)

Learn the tech stuff first. Wavedash with luigi, L-cancel with Ganondorf (easiest to do) and then pick a character

>brought a controller dec 17th

>already broken

I broke a controller 2 days after buying it trying to wobble with Ice Climbers.

I'm about to pull a M2K and carry a box of controllers around  :kappa:

I broke a controller 2 days after buying it trying to wobble with Ice Climbers.

I'm about to pull a M2K and carry a box of controllers around  :kappa:

well if it was 2 days I could return it.

1 of the 4 original controllers(stole my cousins) I have that came with the damn cube still works perfectly fine. Why can't they make em like that

I attended my 3rd tournament ever last night and I am a bit frustrated. So now at my first 3 tournaments I have lost 1st round winners, won 1st round losers, and lost 2nd round losers. My matchups in 1st round winners have been pretty insane though (Stratford -Good Fox main in New England, Strictnyne- Falco main in Jersey, and Mr. Lemon- Dr. Mario beast in New England). So then I win my 1st round losers easily because I am usually playing a newbie and then they are eliminated. Now yesterday I play this guy who is pretty much dead even with my skill level. I take game one with in dramatic fashion (pulled a Bomb-omb and hit him with it), he wins game 2 in a close game, and game 3 I just couldn’t get close to him (I’m Peach he’s Marth) and he 2 stocks me. I think I need to turnip approach more, and not get F-smashed as much.

Also samox confirmed one more episode of the smash brothers documentary will be made

Armada is coming back to Melee singles for MLG. Also watch out for Ken's announcement coming soon. Should be a good one  :maven:

Okay, another question(s) from your friendly, neighborhood noob... 

I'm having a tough time bringing l-canceling into my game. Seems like I'm struggling to keep up with what I want to do any moment (I fumble alot with my fingers and do things that I don't want to do..)

What would you say is the best way to train l-canceling on my main other than jumping in place and practicing it over and over again? (I main Falco if that helps)

Oh, I'm also having some issues with Wavedashing to one side in particular. I can wavedash to the left no problem, but for some reason, I'm hitting the angle incorrectly when trying to go to the right. Any tips on that?

I'm using L exclusively for pretty much everything (wavedashing, lcanceling, shielding, etc.) what do you guys use R for, or do you mainly stick with just using one of the shield buttons for everything?

Final question, I've heard that if you mod your gamecube controller to take out the springs on the L and R button that it makes executing L/R movements alot easier. Would you guys recommend that?

Thanks in advance for any answers you guys can give me.

Okay, another question(s) from your friendly, neighborhood noob... 

I'm having a tough time bringing l-canceling into my game. Seems like I'm struggling to keep up with what I want to do any moment (I fumble alot with my fingers and do things that I don't want to do..)

What would you say is the best way to train l-canceling on my main other than jumping in place and practicing it over and over again? (I main Falco if that helps)

Oh, I'm also having some issues with Wavedashing to one side in particular. I can wavedash to the left no problem, but for some reason, I'm hitting the angle incorrectly when trying to go to the right. Any tips on that?

I'm using L exclusively for pretty much everything (wavedashing, lcanceling, shielding, etc.) what do you guys use R for, or do you mainly stick with just using one of the shield buttons for everything?

Final question, I've heard that if you mod your gamecube controller to take out the springs on the L and R button that it makes executing L/R movements alot easier. Would you guys recommend that?

Thanks in advance for any answers you guys can give me.

I got my L-canceling better by just playing more. There's really no way to get used to L-canceling in game unless you just keep playing. Obviously practicing it helps get the motion down. I miss L-cancels when I'm not close to my opponent but when I am close I know I need to hit them in order to stay safe.

I wavedash with R. I'd say just practice with Luigi because his wavedash is the easiest

I haven't touched the springs in L and R so I can't help with that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Iplaywinner is announcing the lineup at Evo 2014 at 10 PM EST on twitch if anyone wants to watch

EDIT: Pushed until Thursday

Pretty mad that I just lost to a kid in our weekly boston tourney that I was beating the crap out of a few days ago. Game 3 i almost made a 4 stock comeback. Ah oh well I had a few too many drinks (no johns but it is my birthday) but ill try and do better next time

Pretty mad that I just lost to a kid in our weekly boston tourney that I was beating the crap out of a few days ago. Game 3 i almost made a 4 stock comeback. Ah oh well I had a few too many drinks (no johns but it is my birthday) but ill try and do better next time

he's got your number mate

Happy Birthday! And yeah, drunken smash is pretty difficult. 

My Marth is starting to get pretty solid. Spacing is getting better and better.

I really need to start playing more melee, but I'm easily frustrated by how much better I am at 64. 

Working on my DK play right now and it's an absolute blast for doubles when someone is playing Kirby, Pikachu, or Fox. That grab range is incredible when you aren't having to constantly approach like the big monkey you are. Really enjoying learning his more advanced techniques and going to possibly take a shot at a tournament on campus with him.

Happy Birthday! And yeah, drunken smash is pretty difficult. 

My Marth is starting to get pretty solid. Spacing is getting better and better.

So let me lay out the match

Im Peach hes Pikachu. Last time I played him I beat the crap out of him. He got much better since that time which I found out the hard way.

Game 1 I win pretty solid. Game 2 on Battlefield he tail spikes me once and I get Battlefielded once. Either way its down to last stock and he gets a surprise up smash on me. At this point im stunned I just lost a game. Game 3 goes to FD. I am getting wrecked. Everytime I approach hes hitting me with these up tilts and then comboing me into an eventual up smash and pika thunder. I was getting styled on. Then at one point he had 4 stocks and I was down to one. I sat there and said okay let me bring this back. I literally brought it all the way back to 1 stock a piece, at the cost of like 175%. Crowds getting hype. He got anxious and kept going for up and forward smashes which is how I did it. Now last stock im trying to chip away because he can just crouch cancel and up smash me. I get him to like 60% and then he hits me with a stupid f-tilt but I had so much % and didn't DI that I got sent flying. I might have lived but I just rage quit. Pretty embarrassing but I'm over it .

So let me lay out the match

Im Peach hes Pikachu. Last time I played him I beat the crap out of him. He got much better since that time which I found out the hard way.

Game 1 I win pretty solid. Game 2 on Battlefield he tail spikes me once and I get Battlefielded once. Either way its down to last stock and he gets a surprise up smash on me. At this point im stunned I just lost a game. Game 3 goes to FD. I am getting wrecked. Everytime I approach hes hitting me with these up tilts and then comboing me into an eventual up smash and pika thunder. I was getting styled on. Then at one point he had 4 stocks and I was down to one. I sat there and said okay let me bring this back. I literally brought it all the way back to 1 stock a piece, at the cost of like 175%. Crowds getting hype. He got anxious and kept going for up and forward smashes which is how I did it. Now last stock im trying to chip away because he can just crouch cancel and up smash me. I get him to like 60% and then he hits me with a stupid f-tilt but I had so much % and didn't DI that I got sent flying. I might have lived but I just rage quit. Pretty embarrassing but I'm over it .

The Pikachu match up is so awkward. Finishing a reverse 4 stock is incredibly hard. I got reversed 4 stocked in friendlies by a young, bad PewPewU in like 2010-11.

Melee has a spot for it at Evo depending on Nintendo's consent. So everyone should go spam Nintendo's and Sakurai's Twitter until they say yes.

Melee has a spot for it at Evo depending on Nintendo's consent. So everyone should go spam Nintendo's and Sakurai's Twitter until they say yes.

I think they are going to let it be streamed, but they are being difficult and need to let EVO know ASAP

I really need to start playing more melee, but I'm easily frustrated by how much better I am at 64. 

Working on my DK play right now and it's an absolute blast for doubles when someone is playing Kirby, Pikachu, or Fox. That grab range is incredible when you aren't having to constantly approach like the big monkey you are. Really enjoying learning his more advanced techniques and going to possibly take a shot at a tournament on campus with him.

I main DK in 64. He's the shit.

I gave up on playing Melee competitively a long ass time ago for essentially the same reason. Also gave up on playing 64 with a controller because I got so used to keyboard playing 64 over Kaillera.

Nintendo will say yes but they will probably wait awhile. I don't think they realize people need to know now if they are going to spend all that money on a plane ticket and a hotel room. To play their 14 year old video game.

I think they are going to let it be streamed, but they are being difficult and need to let EVO know ASAP

Nintendo will say yes but they will probably wait awhile. I don't think they realize people need to know now if they are going to spend all that money on a plane ticket and a hotel room. To play their 14 year old video game.

Exactly. Spamming them made it work last time, hopefully it works again.

I'm starting to like Marth more and more. My main problem with Marth is not having a quick kill move at high percents, but his up b out of shield is pretty useful. Usually have to throw a spot dodge in there to avoid a grab, but it's incredibly hard to DI against if you hit the sweet spot. 

Exactly. Spamming them made it work last time, hopefully it works again.

I'm starting to like Marth more and more. My main problem with Marth is not having a quick kill move at high percents, but his up b out of shield is pretty useful. Usually have to throw a spot dodge in there to avoid a grab, but it's incredibly hard to DI against if you hit the sweet spot.

I seem to never up b OoS with marth its just not an instinct ive trained myself to do lol.

Anyway I actually won 2 rounds at my tuesday tournament and went to game 3 in my last round! Im happy about that. Also Samox (guy who made documentary) was there filming the college crew battles and the tournament so i might be in the next episode of the documentary!

I seem to never up b OoS with marth its just not an instinct ive trained myself to do lol.

Anyway I actually won 2 rounds at my tuesday tournament and went to game 3 in my last round! Im happy about that. Also Samox (guy who made documentary) was there filming the college crew battles and the tournament so i might be in the next episode of the documentary!

It's something I really couldn't do with Falco, so I would never use it either. It's so good though lol. Nice! #Progress. I can't wait for the next episode of the documentary.

It's something I really couldn't do with Falco, so I would never use it either. It's so good though lol. Nice! #Progress. I can't wait for the next episode of the documentary.

Yeah I think it will be about Armada and what the SSBM scene is like now after the documentary

By the way that Pikachu guy I was talking about last week is getting really good really fast! He took 6 stocks in the crew battle

Yeah I think it will be about Armada and what the SSBM scene is like now after the documentary

By the way that Pikachu guy I was talking about last week is getting really good really fast! He took 6 stocks in the crew battle

I think so too. Armada was barely mentioned in the Documentary and he might be the number 1 player around right now. 

Damn. That's pretty impressive