Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

The smash community is so damn great

EDIT: Just played Amsa. Holy ***, I have no idea what just happened. If anyone is still at Doubletree and wants to play Amsa, he is accepting almost any match. Just go to the 2nd floor lobby.

EDIT: Drunk M2K's (D2K) Pichu is amazing

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was watching that tournament and it looked really interesting!

I kinda want to get into competitive SSB since I have a lot of friends locally that are pretty good. (At least I think so)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was watching that tournament and it looked really interesting!

I kinda want to get into competitive SSB since I have a lot of friends locally that are pretty good. (At least I think so)

Smash is incredibly fun to play competitively and the scene is rapidly growing. If you have any questions, let me know. I can probably answer them. I also suggest checking out http://smashboards.com/

For anyone thinking of getting into smash, I recommend watching this video

• Upvote (+1) 4

How good or how bad is Samus in Smash? Been playing as Fox since the get go, but decided that Samus would be my secondary.

How good or how bad is Samus in Smash? Been playing as Fox since the get go, but decided that Samus would be my secondary.

Samus is second tier. It's a good secondary to Fox. Samus has godlike recovery skills.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Samus is second tier. It's a good secondary to Fox. Samus has godlike recovery skills.

Nice. I still know very little about competitive smash. I picked her because she has a kamehameha/spirit bomb move and you can spam her bombs which is a pain in the ass in dubs.

Nice. I still know very little about competitive smash. I picked her because she has a kamehameha/spirit bomb move and you can spam her bombs which is a pain in the ass in dubs.

google samus short hop platform canceling

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's all about that Fox/Falco and Marth game. Fox's short hop down air to wave shine to up smash to up air is too good.

Won my first 64 tournament using someone other than Pikachu last night. It felt good man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Won my first 64 tournament using someone other than Pikachu last night. It felt good man.

People always talk about how overpowered Fox is in Melee, but Pikachu is much more overpowered in 64

People always talk about how overpowered Fox is in Melee, but Pikachu is much more overpowered in 64

Meta Knight...

Meta Knight...

We don't talk about Meta Knight around here  :bravo:

:kappa:

Pikachu is incredible in 64. Just so hard to defend against someone that knows what they're doing.

i love Yoshi in 64 so much though. So that's who I've been trying to win tournaments with. Even though they're small campus tournaments it was nice to finally win one with Yoshi.

Pikachu is incredible in 64. Just so hard to defend against someone that knows what they're doing.

i love Yoshi in 64 so much though. So that's who I've been trying to win tournaments with. Even though they're small campus tournaments it was nice to finally win one with Yoshi.

I know almost nothing about 64 I just play for fun, but I use Ness. How is he competitively

I know almost nothing about 64 I just play for fun, but I use Ness. How is he competitively

At first, he was looked at as an elite character on the level of Fox or Pikachu, but as time went by a lot of characters caught up or have passed him up because of poor recovery and he doesn't have the best range. 

He has the best jump cancel in the game which allows him some of the best combinations moves around that are generally ending in a meteor smash. He also is a really powerful character with great throws. His up-B is also great, but it is easy for a good player to gimp and it will run you into issues.

His biggest problem is that he is a poor match-up against Pikachu and and Kirby who a lot of people play and he works extremely well against bottom tier characters that no one plays. A lot of it is due to how predictable he is as a character with moves that are really easy to read because of the speed of them. 

He is really fun to play in FFA though. Just can be really frustrating in 1vs1 if your combos are off or someone can read well.

At first, he was looked at as an elite character on the level of Fox or Pikachu, but as time went by a lot of characters caught up or have passed him up because of poor recovery and he doesn't have the best range. 

He has the best jump cancel in the game which allows him some of the best combinations moves around that are generally ending in a meteor smash. He also is a really powerful character with great throws. His up-B is also great, but it is easy for a good player to gimp and it will run you into issues.

His biggest problem is that he is a poor match-up against Pikachu and and Kirby who a lot of people play and he works extremely well against bottom tier characters that no one plays. A lot of it is due to how predictable he is as a character with moves that are really easy to read because of the speed of them. 

He is really fun to play in FFA though. Just can be really frustrating in 1vs1 if your combos are off or someone can read well.

Dude in FFA's I just hit myself with PK thunder and destroy people lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude in FFA's I just hit myself with PK thunder and destroy people lol

That is exactly why he can be so devastating in FFA. You get knocked off, others start fighting, you fly in there with a PK thunder and send them both. 

Also there is few things are rewarding as KOing someone with his baseball bat. 

in 64 I just uptilt with kirby. 0-death 100% of the time if ur falcon.

and I don't play him against luigi :bravo:

That is exactly why he can be so devastating in FFA. You get knocked off, others start fighting, you fly in there with a PK thunder and send them both. 

Also there is few things are rewarding as KOing someone with his baseball bat. 

Spiking people is the best feeling.