Destroyaaa

Super Smash Bros Thread

MLG and Nintendo don't get along, so don't expect anything.

Perhaps times have changed... Sundance sent out a tweet about a month ago stating that Nintendo was interested in working with them for Smash 4.

As far as whether Melee and MLG are a good fit, I suppose it depends upon what you're expecting.  I think a long, multi-year run for the game is not reasonable to expect with MLG.  If that is what Melee players are expecting, then it's not going to be a good fit.  On the other hand, if it's looked at as both an opportunity to show off Melee to potential new competitors and to grow Smash as a whole, then this is an excellent way to do that.

Anyone played Project M 3.0 yet?

No but my buddy has it and I'm going to head to his place sometime this week. It looks amazing and he told me its pretty awesome as well

Edit: played it tonight, the costumes are sweet! Roy is also a lot of fun to use

Dude, Fly Amanita vs SilentWolf. Comeback of the century

Fly is on a damn mission to play M2K again. Don't think he can compete with M2K though.

New Ice Climbers strat, intentionally kill Nana at the beginning of the match  :kappa:

AXE NOOOOOOO

I went to bed after M2k beat Shroomed in Winners finals. Im assuming M2K won, but Axe was the only one who had a chance against M2K if he could somehow avoid those chain grabs

I went to bed after M2k beat Shroomed in Winners finals. Im assuming M2K won, but Axe was the only one who had a chance against M2K if he could somehow avoid those chain grabs

Nah, Axe was playing Fly in Loser's Semis. Axe was switching between Fox and Young Link trying to character counter Fly's Ice Climbers. He ended up losing both Young Link matches and winning both Fox matches. About 5 seconds in he side B's off the edge with Fox at 0% losing a stock. Then about 25 seconds later he has a bad air dodge and loses another stock going down 4-2. Both Loser's Semis and Loser's Finals were great, but Loser's Semis had such an anti-climactic ending.

Nah, Axe was playing Fly in Loser's Semis. Axe was switching between Fox and Young Link trying to character counter Fly's Ice Climbers. He ended up losing both Young Link matches and winning both Fox matches. About 5 seconds in he side B's off the edge with Fox at 0% losing a stock. Then about 25 seconds later he has a bad air dodge and loses another stock going down 4-2. Both Loser's Semis and Loser's Finals were great, but Loser's Semis had such an anti-climactic ending.

Yeah but when Axe played M2K earlier he actually did damage. I saw that match and that game 5 was definitely anti climactic

Yeah but when Axe played M2K earlier he actually did damage. I saw that match and that game 5 was definitely anti climactic

He did do some damage, but Fly was the only player that took a game off of M2K before the finals. Don't think anyone really had a chance to beat M2K. There are two major rumors going around now. M2K as he said yesterday, might be moving to Cal to room with Sky, the LoL player. The other rumor is that Lauren and Mango are going to be moving back to Cal. Meaning that Mango might be coming back sooner than expected. NorCal and SoCal are both going to be stacked if both of those happen.

He did do some damage, but Fly was the only player that took a game off of M2K before the finals. Don't think anyone really had a chance to beat M2K. There are two major rumors going around now. M2K as he said yesterday, might be moving to Cal to room with Sky, the LoL player. The other rumor is that Lauren and Mango are going to be moving back to Cal. Meaning that Mango might be coming back sooner than expected. NorCal and SoCal are both going to be stacked if both of those happen.

its really frustrating to see M2K break the game with Sheik. Axe and Shroomed using Doc and Pikachu had to go against all odds, and at this point in the games lifespan M2K clearly has such a grasp that he looks unbeatable. Hopefully someone like Mango, PP, HBox, or Armada can take him down at Apex. Not that I don't like M2K but I just need to see someone else win. He's on quite the run. 

its really frustrating to see M2K break the game with Sheik. Axe and Shroomed using Doc and Pikachu had to go against all odds, and at this point in the games lifespan M2K clearly has such a grasp that he looks unbeatable. Hopefully someone like Mango, PP, HBox, or Armada can take him down at Apex. Not that I don't like M2K but I just need to see someone else win. He's on quite the run.

I like M2K. He's a good guy that makes a living on Smash, so I can't really expect him to not play his best. I'm confident that Mango can still beat him. The only way to beat M2K, and the only way I have ever taken games off of him, is to play unexpectedly.

I like M2K. He's a good guy that makes a living on Smash, so I can't really expect him to not play his best. I'm confident that Mango can still beat him. The only way to beat M2K, and the only way I have ever taken games off of him, is to play unexpectedly.

Mango needs to give it his all though, and the fact that he has a kid doesn't make that very likely.

Mango needs to give it his all though, and the fact that he has a kid doesn't make that very likely.

I agree. If Ken would officially come back and learn the new stuff, I have no doubt that he would easily the best again.

I think Ken enjoys the fact that people want him to come back, but I don't get the sense that he's really interested in doing so.  I think he's just past the point of wanting to dedicate himself to being the best.  I would love to be proven wrong though.

I think Ken enjoys the fact that people want him to come back, but I don't get the sense that he's really interested in doing so.  I think he's just past the point of wanting to dedicate himself to being the best.  I would love to be proven wrong though.

He definitely does enjoy people wanting him back. He laughs about it whenever someone asks him to come back. He didn't enjoy playing smash and had no interest for a long time. Everything changed after Evo though. I guarantee that Ken has thought about coming back a few times since then. It's so easy to tell that he is starting to want to play Smash again. Right now, he is focusing on helping AM players get better. He's been having LAN practices for several AM players at his house for a while now. What I'm wondering is whether he will ever get tired of coaching players and make a comeback or not. If he started heavily practicing again, he would definitely start winning. No one has more pure talent at Smash than Ken.

So M2K dominates, but didn't win EVO. That's like ChrisG for UMvC3.

The first time I heard about M2K was from MLG. He was gonna be the first person ever to win every tournament without losing or something like that , but then he got caught for cheating. I think it was some type of collusion. But then I've watched 2 tourneys and I'm pretty sure he didn't win both of those and those were this year.

Why is his name MewTwoKing anyways? He must've used MewTwo back in the day.

So M2K dominates, but didn't win EVO. That's like ChrisG for UMvC3.

The first time I heard about M2K was from MLG. He was gonna be the first person ever to win every tournament without losing or something like that , but then he got caught for cheating. I think it was some type of collusion. But then I've watched 2 tourneys and I'm pretty sure he didn't win both of those and those were this year.

Why is his name MewTwoKing anyways? He must've used MewTwo back in the day.

M2K has never won an MLG event, and I don't remember him cheating at all. His best placing is 3rd at MLG. He has won 7 of the major 10 tournaments this past year, but lost Evo. Also hasn't lost a major 2v2 tournament since late 2011/early 2012. He did use Mewtwo a lot before he really started going to major events. Mewtwo just isn't a viable competitive main these days.

M2K has never won an MLG event, and I don't remember him cheating at all. His best placing is 3rd at MLG. He has won 7 of the major 10 tournaments this past year, but lost Evo. Also hasn't lost a major 2v2 tournament since late 2011/early 2012. He did use Mewtwo a lot before he really started going to major events. Mewtwo just isn't a viable competitive main these days.

You're %100 sure ? Cause that's the only reason why I know about him. It wasn't melee though, it was Brawl I'm pretty sure. That's when they also had Tekken 6 at MLG.

You're %100 sure ? Cause that's the only reason why I know about him. It wasn't melee though, it was Brawl I'm pretty sure. That's when they also had Tekken 6 at MLG.

Oh, you mean MLG 2010 DC Brawl? According to MLG, he threw a match to ADHD who was going to compensate him for the loss, but ADHD never paid him for it. He still was banned for an event because of it. There's a little more story behind that, but I'm still not entirely sure how much of it is true. He was also penalized for bracket manipulation by throwing a match to get into a better bracket. Which players did all the time, but were rarely ever caught for it.

Most people in the smash community know that MLG's ruling on that situation was pretty much bullshit.

I don't really know so.. What's actually wrong wih Brawl? My friend told me sometimes your guy randomly trips?