Sign in to follow this  
Bionic Cell

fastest kill time too easy to achieve with the new primaries?

I think that it is way too easy to 4 someone with the BR, or 7 shot someone with the carbine. I can't even strafe out of a 4 shot if the person has good aim, its ridiculous. Im trying to find a strafe that works, but I have yet to find one. I think 343 needs to reduce the aim assist on all weapons to around 70% of what they are now. what are your guys thoughts? 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I think that it is way too easy to 4 someone with the BR, or 7 shot someone with the carbine. I can't even strafe out of a 4 shot if the person has good aim, its ridiculous. Im trying to find a strafe that works, but I have yet to find one. I think 343 needs to reduce the aim assist on all weapons to around 70% of what they are now. what are your guys thoughts? 

It's no easier to 4 someone in h4 than it is in any other halo. Honestly you've just got used to the 5shot and forgot what halo is actually like

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

It's no easier to 4 someone in h4 than it is in any other halo. Honestly you've just got used to the 5shot and forgot what halo is actually like

Im not sure if this is a troll or not...........

however if its serious its not true at all. I feel like halo 4 has the most auto aim with the primaries at least 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It's not just the aim assist. Bullet magnetism too.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im not sure if this is a troll or not...........

however if its serious its not true at all. I feel like halo 4 has the most auto aim with the primaries at least 

This. The previous iterations all had a good strafe (Besides Halo Reach) and less auto aim/bullet magnetism

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H4 has always been like this when it comes to ease of aim.  Carbine is probably the most difficult to use out of the utility weapons.

IMO a drop in aim assist (not bullet mag as almost all the weapons have spread and less bullet mag would make it worse) by a decent amount will make the guns more difficult to use and the minimum and avg kill time will be dispersed better.  Maybe with this increase the damage as well for weapons

I wouldn't support any more changes to AA/bullet mag without the removal of spread/flinch.

It's not just the aim assist. Bullet magnetism too.

I don't think there is magnetism on the BR.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think there is magnetism on the BR.

The bullet magnetism on the BR only applies to the first bullet of the burst, the other two bullets follow a separate, random path.

I wouldn't say they are too easy. I would say they are easy than other Halos, especially Halo 3. The problem is that there is no strafe in this game, or at least a serious lack there of. With the recent movement increase, it has gotten a little better, but it's still not as prevalent as it should be in a halo game. The only way to get a true destructive strafe is with speed boost, which is why I think it should be involved in competitive settings, but that's a conversation for another day.

Anyway, I don't think it's too easy. I think it's not difficult enough, sure. But not too easy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The bullet magnetism on the BR only applies to the first bullet of the burst, the other two bullets follow a separate, random path.

I wouldn't say they are too easy. I would say they are easy than other Halos, especially Halo 3. The problem is that there is no strafe in this game, or at least a serious lack there of. With the recent movement increase, it has gotten a little better, but it's still not as prevalent as it should be in a halo game. The only way to get a true destructive strafe is with speed boost, which is why I think it should be involved in competitive settings, but that's a conversation for another day.

Anyway, I don't think it's too easy. I think it's not difficult enough, sure. But not too easy.

Got it!  Thanks haha

NOT TRUE. A very popular misconception is that Bullet Magnetism and Aim assist are the greatest in Halo 4. It actually is Halo 2, as it was the first to feature xbox live, many provisions were taken to reduce the effects of latency on bullet registration. 

The only legitimate argument why the shooting skill gap in Halo 4 is worst of all the past halos is the strafe acceleration, and sprint. Other than that, Halo 4 is actually quite consistent with previous halos. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the bullet magnetism vs spread actually been proven? K2Five seems to suggest the opposite in his thread over at THC.

I think we could do with ease of use being toned down regardless of how it compares to the previous titles just because of the changes to the aiming mechanics in H4 (namely the lack of descoping). Movement alone just doesn't go far enough in creating a aim skill gap; increased base movement helps somewhat but without improving the strafe accel / deccel it becomes predictable.

Has the bullet magnetism vs spread actually been proven? K2Five seems to suggest the opposite in his thread over at THC.

I think we could do with ease of use being toned down regardless of how it compares to the previous titles just because of the changes to the aiming mechanics in H4 (namely the lack of descoping). Movement alone just doesn't go far enough in creating a aim skill gap; increased base movement helps somewhat but without improving the strafe accel / deccel it becomes predictable.

I remember back during the conversation of changes to the V1 settings when the primary debate was still on fire, someone (I believe it was Hulk) had gone through the trouble of proving it. When you sweep a shot at an opponent, the first bullet will land, and the other two *might land, even if the reticule wasnt completely on the hitbox at the beginning of the sweep. I wish I remembered who tested it, there was a lot to it. But those were the magnetism results from the experiement.

I think that if a Halo game has such high auto aim that you can't strafe, then the game is broken.

Then again, these developers seem to think that flinch + no descope and the current sniper & beam rifle are A.O.K, which is utter bollucks.

I understand that they hired new guys since they didn't know how to balance a game, but why did these new hires not change some of the other GLARING issues such as  the auto aim the OP is talking about and the sniper/beam auto aim?

Are they just incompitent?

along side with the aim assist decrease I also think that the strafe acceleration should be close to halo 3's or greater, that would make this game actually have a good skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

NOT TRUE. A very popular misconception is that Bullet Magnetism and Aim assist are the greatest in Halo 4. It actually is Halo 2, as it was the first to feature xbox live, many provisions were taken to reduce the effects of latency on bullet registration. 

The only legitimate argument why the shooting skill gap in Halo 4 is worst of all the past halos is the strafe acceleration, and sprint. Other than that, Halo 4 is actually quite consistent with previous halos. 

It's amazing how the opinion of fall damage has reversed over the years.

I think that if a Halo game has such high auto aim that you can't strafe, then the game is broken.

Then again, these developers seem to think that flinch + no descope and the current sniper & beam rifle are A.O.K, which is utter bollucks.

I understand that they hired new guys since they didn't know how to balance a game, but why did these new hires not change some of the other GLARING issues such as  the auto aim the OP is talking about and the sniper/beam auto aim?

Are they just incompitent?

It´s not the auto aim that eliminates almost every purpose of strafing. The problem lies in how they programed the movement, in Halo 4 if you move left and change your direction to the right, you slow down before you actually start the movement in the other direction. In previous halos you moved instantly into the direction you moved your control stick. At least that´s how I understood it.

However I´ve quite a problem with the size of hitboxes as well as with the auto aim range on the unsoped sniper (which is ridiculous to even have, you should scope in with a sniper in order to get "help" while aiming).

You sir have clearly not played with the Halo 3 BR, the Halo 3 Br was harder to use than everyweapon combined in Halo 4. Halo 3 Br had absolutely NO autoaim, which made it really hard to use, id like to see 343 do this to the BR so its not too OP in a pros hands

• Downvote (-1) 1

You sir have clearly not played with the Halo 3 BR, the Halo 3 Br was harder to use than everyweapon combined in Halo 4. Halo 3 Br had absolutely NO autoaim, which made it really hard to use, id like to see 343 do this to the BR so its not too OP in a pros hands

You may want to double check that.

It´s not the auto aim that eliminates almost every purpose of strafing. The problem lies in how they programed the movement, in Halo 4 if you move left and change your direction to the right, you slow down before you actually start the movement in the other direction. In previous halos you moved instantly into the direction you moved your control stick. At least that´s how I understood it.

However I´ve quite a problem with the size of hitboxes as well as with the auto aim range on the unsoped sniper (which is ridiculous to even have, you should scope in with a sniper in order to get "help" while aiming).

In Halo Reach and Halo 4 you come to a complete stop for one frame when changing directions. Your max speed and acceleration are also lower IIRC.

Here it is:

http://www.halocouncil.com/community/index.php?/topic/14668-why-the-strafes-throughout-the-series-feel-so-different/

I think why this is even an issue is because of the Halo Reach engine that both games are using. 343 may have not even known how to change it, or maybe it wasn't easily changeable because of the engine. 

I think why this is even an issue is because of the Halo Reach engine that both games are using. 343 may have not even known how to change it, or maybe it wasn't easily changeable because of the engine.

I was under the impression that every Halo game was built of the previous Halo's engine.

I was under the impression that every Halo game was built of the previous Halo's engine.

Proof: Halo 4 couldn't support custom button mapping because the controller code was based off of H1's. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Proof: Halo 4 couldn't support custom button mapping because the controller code was based off of H1's.

Also, the Reach DMR and Target Locator are still in Halo 4 just not used.

This is correct. When strafing in Halo 4, you come to a complete stop before moving to the other direction, compared to Halo 2 where there was instant acceleration, and Halo 2 had the fastest acceleration allowing for that very smooth strafe.

In terms of easiness to get a 4shot, I'd say that close range its rather easy, mid range it gets annoying due to spread, and long range is all luck.