LeandroTrooper

HaloWaypoint community on "Letter to 343"

You state your opinions as if they're facts and can't take the heat when people disagree with you, and back it up with actual facts. That's sad. 

The problem here Velo is that you guys are actually the ones attacking his opinions and stating yours as facts.

Now before we go any further: I do not by any means think this guy is right, as far as I'm concerned he is as far wrong as it is possible to be

Just lay off the guy, 343 aren't going to listen to one guy posting on this forum. I say that with a pinch of  :salt:  though as I'm thoroughly prepared to see this happen. Try and stay respectful of others, man

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem here Velo is that you guys are actually the ones attacking his opinions and stating yours as facts.

Now before we go any further: I do not by any means think this guy is right, as far as I'm concerned he is as far wrong as it is possible to be

Just lay off the guy, 343 aren't going to listen to one guy posting on this forum. I say that with a pinch of  :salt:  though as I'm thoroughly prepared to see this happen. Try and stay respectful of others, man

Buddy, it's not about right or wrong, its a matter of if you're going to state your opinions be prepared for others to disagree with you. If other individuals disagree with you and have evidence to back it up while you do not, then it could mean your argument isn't the correct one. It doesn't mean you get pissy, you just acknowledge that you like Halo 4 and don't give a shit that the population numbers show that the game is terrible. You can't say "it's the best" and not expect to be challenged. We're also not stating our opinions as facts, we're stating facts to back up our opinions, that's the distinction. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buddy, it's not about right or wrong, its a matter of if you're going to state your opinions be prepared for others to disagree with you. If other individuals disagree with you and have evidence to back it up while you do not, then it could mean your argument isn't the correct one. It doesn't mean you get pissy, you just acknowledge that you like Halo 4 and don't give a shit that the population numbers show that the game is terrible. You can't say "it's the best" and not expect to be challenged. We're also not stating our opinions as facts, we're stating facts to back up our opinions, that's the distinction. 

Present it as an education rather than an argument.

It's common knowledge that people react and learn best when not being belittled and ridiculed, I'm just trying to avoid the conflict (hence my rather appropriate pic ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I won't bother any longer with those who think that an opinion must be backed up by facts. An opinion can't be wrong, I will not argue that point. I'll just ignore those biased, unthinking, immature, belittling, arguments/posts. Don't bother replying to this

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I want Halo 3 with Hitscan

H3 with hitscan will be like reach tho. Barely any skillgap with sniper. And less intense br battles cross map and shit

• Downvote (-1) 4

Guize... guize

If anyone in 343 has half a brain they will realize that PEOPLE HATE HALO 4 MULTIPLAYER. The population charts are so obviously supporting this fact it isn't even funny. No matter what a community of A FEW THOUSAND on Waypoint believe, they are a SMALL MINORITY compared to   THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO NO LONGER PLAY HALO 4  :lxthul:

And in regards to the argument that "no one will play Halo multiplayer anymore, it just isn't in style, everyone went to CoD". Thats total bullshit. Look at the sales numbers for Halo 4 and tell me that people don't like Halo anymore. Even if 80% only play campaign, that still leaves A TON of people who want to simply have a fun multiplayer experience.

The people on waypoint simply do not have numbers on their side.

• Upvote (+1) 3

H3 with hitscan will be like reach tho. Barely any skillgap with sniper. And less intense br battles cross map and shit

I think it would lean more towards Halo 2 instead of Reach.

what?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This is very true. Here are the statistics!

2c3ee213a905c9133f33348641341281.png

and halo 2

halo2_gpd.jpg

EVEN REACH

REACHJanuaryJune201124hrUU.png

AND HALO 3 ALONG SIDE REACH

REACHandHalo3JulyUU24hr.png

:)

Im pretty sure Unique users per 24 hours is different than Peak population. And the h2 graph says games/day?

Im pretty sure Unique users per 24 hours is different than Peak population. And the h2 graph says games/day?

That's true, but its irrelevant. Note how the other data besides the H4 chart is of a similar category and are steady while covering all (or most) of the games's life cycle.

I'm pretty sure Halo2Sucks was a response to pre-patch Halo 2, which was honestly quite terrible. And Greenskull is almost acting like it's a good thing that people consider the latest installment of the franchise to be worse than the predecessor... This is the trait of a dying franchise. 

I'm pretty sure Halo2Sucks was a response to pre-patch Halo 2, which was honestly quite terrible. And Greenskull is almost acting like it's a good thing that people consider the latest installment of the franchise to be worse than the predecessor... This is the trait of a dying franchise. 

Well, there was contingent of CE fans (especially competitive CE players) who didn't like the direction that H2 went in regardless of pre and post patch. And while I agreed with him that some people may always be resistant to newer titles, I certainly don't think Halo Reach and Halo 4 fall into that category. The popularity of Halo has been on the decline since 3 where as at least with Halo 2 and 3, it was on the rise. And I can almost surely say that there is no way Halo 4 will get the nostalgia boost that even Reach has gotten since H4 was so bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Very true, you also have to consider that H1 and H2 were played very differently as well, one primarily on LAN and one primarily on XBL. Some people just preferred the LAN community to XBL which put off alot of people at first.

I dont like it when people like Greenskull blame all of  Halo MP's current problems on "lol nostalgia" when the game has gotten worse for alot of people and things like map quality and the simplicity of the game certainly has changed. Why are more people playing H3 on a shitty netcode than HR or H4 if the series MP has gotten better?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hmm, another thing I don't quite understand. If, as Greenskull suggests, nostalgia is the main reason people enjoy Halo multiplayer, wouldn't it be reasonable for 343 to cater entirely to nostalgia? If the people who buy your product are unwilling to accept changes, why would you spend the extra effort to bring about those changes just to sell fewer copies? The developers have been trying to make these unnecessary changes since the very beginning of the franchise; even after many years of reflection, fans still have not accepted those changes. How many more years do they have to wait before they realize they've failed?

Of course, Halo's appeal is more complicated than simple nostalgia. However, the problem Greenskull has with newer Halos basically solves itself...

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys are giving this way too much attention. I wouldn't take anything greenskull says seriously.

Didn't he make some extremely embarrassing video about how he loves 343?

It's ignorant to just dismiss all the legitimate complaints that rise in number and magnitude with each Halo sequel just because it keeps happening over and over again. Show me a Halo sequel that's actually better than its predecessor and I'll show you a satisfied fanbase.

Also, kind of worrying to me that Quinn doesn't think CE was the best Halo game (unless he's thinking beyond strictly a gameplay level).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, kind of worrying to me that Quinn doesn't think CE was the best Halo game (unless he's thinking beyond strictly a gameplay level).

Player movement was improved in Halo 2. Vehicular gameplay was improved in Halo 2. Objective gametypes were improved in Halo 2. Maps were improved in Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they think the problem is accessibility, then why don't they just keep social and ranked as close to each other settings wise? That way the casuals can play ranked without having to learn new maps and settings? Certainly would be better than dumbing down the game and having ranked be a COMPLETELY different game. Is it too much to ask that both casual players and hardcore players play on similar settings?

I see Halo 5 not being split 50/50. 343 will build on their call of duty and reach features, I am sure of it. The only thing they will do is give the competitive a stripped down "barebones-type" playlist. We will basically be pushed to the edge - new halo 95%, old 5 %.

I just need all H3 veterans to finally make a statement and not buy their game immediately. We shouldve started doing that after H3 really.

Still playing Halo 3 every day, the last good halo :"(

• Upvote (+1) 1