Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Today is the 12 year anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved!

I truly wish and hope you all love whatever Halo you love half as much as I love Halo CE.

<3

edit: if you're going to watch my 4th montage (at the bottom) just watch it on vimeo instead of that tiny little embedded thing. The resolution isn't great, but I put a lot of hours into that project.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My best memories of Halo are on Halo: CE, even if it was the PC version. Really miss the stuff you could do in that game.

Weird coincidence that I introduced my gf and another friend of ours to ce just yesterday.

As they have only played h4 the first games where.... Interesting.

Quotes like "i wish I could Sprint" "where's promethean vision" "i can't kill anyone (bullet magnetism)" ect kept me thinking maybe the game isn't attracting to newer gamers. Well after a while they got used to the "new" mechanics and we played for about 3 hours straight. Needless to say they enjoyed it just as much as I did.

Halo CE LAN's> Used to run LAN's with system link with my bros and friends after school on a weekly basis. I had owned consoles like N64 and Gamecube before, but Halo CE was LEGENDARY talk about the GOAT console launch title.

Saw this posted on twitter thought it was pretty funny 

LMAO young  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I remember it perfectly, for me Halo 1's release is synonymous with my first foray into the world of xbox.

Funnily enough my main memory of getting Halo / xbox day one was just how amazed I was at how easy it was to set up. First av input console for me since I'd only owned nintendo consoles beforehand. That and just how fucking massive the console was. Oh, and the duke controller that was about the same size as my puny 14 year old head.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn, it feels like just yesterday I was reading about Halo CE in a random gaming magazine just before its release. 

I truly wish and hope you all love whatever Halo you love half as much as I love Halo CE.

<3

edit: if you're going to watch my montage (at the bottom) just watch it on vimeo instead of that tiny little embedded thing. The resolution isn't great, but I put a lot of hours into that project.

Also your montage was awesome to watch, it definitely made me want to play Halo CE again.