Lesson

October XBL Activity Chart. H3 beats H4

Yeah that's all true but 90% of the reason is still because it was free. You can wrap it up any way you want and blah blah but its still true.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah that's all true but 90% of the reason is still because it was free. You can wrap it up any way you want and blah blah but its still true.

Halo 3 didn't just make it to the 20th or 19th spot. It went past halo 4.

Do you think that if halo 4 was free in a few months that it would even jump up more than a spot?

Word of mouth says Halo 4 is bad and people won't bother to even download it.

People download H3 because they have good memories of it. When they saw it on the xbox live menu they probably said  "Hey its halo 3! Its been so long and i had such a good time with it, lets hop on"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't care about Halo 4.

But the reason its there is still because it was free.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I was hoping to see Halo 4 drop more, as it actually went up a notch from the previous charts update. At least with Ghosts on the next chart, H4 will be bumped down by one notch, though I don't see Halo 3 continually finishing with better UU numbers than H4, so H3 will probably be lower than H4. 

I don't care about Halo 4.

But the reason its there is still because it was free.

It makes sense, I would say it is 80% because it was free.

If H4 is playable on XOneand becomes free in 3 years do you think it will even be 20th?

I think it will still be on the chart for one more month. I don't think people just played a few games and dropped it.

I'm actually surprised that Halo 4 went from 13 to 12. 

Anyway, like Uncle Coachmayne said, a couple of weeks Halo 3 will surpass H4 and then H4 takes the lead.
Either he said that, or he wanted Burritos... I like burritos.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Jeez, people will try anything to degrade Halo 4 these days won't they?

It's free... That's all that should matter. Every multi-player game that has been free on the XBL marketplace has soared past Halo 4. This is no different

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyway, like Uncle Coachmayne said, a couple of weeks Halo 3 will surpass H4 and then H4 takes the lead.

From now on I don't believe anything unless coachmayne confirms it. We are kind forced to go by those rules now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm baffled. how the hell did halo 4 jump up a spot when so many people went back to halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 3 passed Halo 4 when it became free, might be a correlation there, no? 

Yeah, Halo 3 being free and downloadable from the dashboard (AKA being re-advertised, re-hyped) got people to try it again, but there's a reason people didn't play Halo 3 once and immediately switch to Halo 4, no?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm baffled. how the hell did halo 4 jump up a spot when so many people went back to halo 3.

Some people also say companies pay review sites to score their games higher..

• Upvote (+1) 1

From now on I don't believe anything unless coachmayne confirms it. We are kind forced to go by those rules now.

He said something around those words, if Coachmayne from Vancity comes here and confirms. You owe me a fucking burrito. Period. If not, tough luck.  :kappa: 

343 is just happy to be 12th still

Halo 4 still has better population than some other games...

Some developers would KILL for having Halo 4's population. I mean, compared to other Halo's population is kinda a joke. But compared to other games, is still THERE. For now...

I really really feel bad for Gears of War, such a good franchise and got dumped really bad with Judgment and Epic Games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 is just happy to be 12th still

illuminati2.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Its a good game and it was free.  Why is this a surprise. 

Who said it was surprising? And who started playing Halo 3 that didn't already own the game? I'm sorry..I didn't know those numbers were online. Please send me the link to them.

It was free, some fucking game we never heard of beat h4 last month because it was free.

It is free, that is why it beat halo 4, not because of an upcoming tournament, not because of the hype train, it was free. Reach would beat h4 just as easily if it was free. 

• Upvote (+1) 1