Sign in to follow this  
Destroyaaa

Is Destiny going to let us down?

I bought Borderlands 2 a few months ago, and had some fun for a little while. Then I realized I am doing the same thing over and over again and I got really bored and eventually quit. The game got painfully boring.

Then GTAO finally comes out. I was having a lot of fun, but now theres nothing to do. Rockstar has made it impossible to make money now unless you either do money glitches which can get you banned, or just race all day. The heists are still not out and there were a million problems with the game. I hope this game becomes fun again but as of now I am not playing it.

So the next game I can see myself getting is Destiny. The more I think about it, it just looks like a glorified Borderlands 2. Its not an MMO, its a "shared world" which is what GTAO is. In order for myself and others to stay interested, Bungie needs to make exciting missions that can continue to evolve. I trust Bungie, but what they are trying to do with Destiny has never been done before. When Destiny was first announced I was ecstatic but I am already becoming skeptical. I know they have those "world events" but the one they showed in that video wasn't that impressive and looked very easy to defeat.

Bungie has to come through for the Sci-fi FPS master-race, nobody talks about it much but the diversity lately is kind of lacking on console(Xbox especially), and I always found the arcadey sci-fi type FPS to be great for fun, competition, and creative worlds. I like all kinds of shooters too be clear, but I grew up playing UT and Halo for the most part and those games have always appealed to me over others.

If I have any faith in any developer it is Bungie. Although I dont see Destiny being hyper competitive it will be damn fun to run around with your friends.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If Destiny is a let down I am giving up on gaming forever.

This... If this game is a "let-down" (which i highly doubt), I will turn my back on this scene and gaming in general. I wouldn't look forward to the next 10 years of gaming, it wouldnt be of any use to stick around here any longer. Therefore, I'm putting a lot of trust into Bungie... and deep down in my heart i know that this is the right thing to do!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one that isn't really excited about Destiny?

Like, I'm sure I'll play it, but my expectations are low because of that particular sub-genre of shooter. Like you, the grind of Borderlands bored me. I personally can't see Destiny being that much more innovative that I'll suddenly love killing the same creatures and looting "cool" guns.  It'll have to be a hell of an immersive experience. Like, I better shit my pants from the opening credits because the game's so cool.

I also have a pretty good feeling that the game won't have much competitive merit either. We'll see though. I might turn out to be the first one online playing my face off.

/debbiedowner

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This... If this game is a "let-down" (which i highly doubt), I will turn my back on this scene and gaming in general. I wouldn't look forward to the next 10 years of gaming, it wouldnt be of any use to stick around here any longer. Therefore, I'm putting a lot of trust into Bungie... and deep down in my heart i know that this is the right thing to do!

Na man Halo 6  :kappa:

Am I the only one that isn't really excited about Destiny?

Like, I'm sure I'll play it, but my expectations are low because of that particular sub-genre of shooter. Like you, the grind of Borderlands bored me. I personally can't see Destiny being that much more innovative that I'll suddenly love killing the same creatures and looting "cool" guns.  It'll have to be a hell of an immersive experience. Like, I better shit my pants from the opening credits because the game's so cool.

I also have a pretty good feeling that the game won't have much competitive merit either. We'll see though. I might turn out to be the first one online playing my face off.

/debbiedowner

Exactly my thoughts. In all honesty, anyone expecting Destiny to be the next great competitive shooter is setting themselves up for disappointment.

If I have any faith in any developer it is Bungie. Although I dont see Destiny being hyper competitive it will be damn fun to run around with your friends.

Pretty much this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Exactly my thoughts. In all honesty, anyone expecting Destiny to be the next great competitive shooter is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Halo CE had a MP made by like 12 guys in a short span of time, so maybe its best the comp MP is not the main focus of the media because then they wont have to try and compete with the cod's of the world and gamer's pre-set expectations of what a MP shooter is. Bungie said comp MP will be an important part of Destiny, they know Halo would not of been as successful if Halo's MP would not of taken off. They know very well that comp MP becomes more important as a franchise develops and I know they love comp MP and wouldn't let their fans down.

Besides in their recent weekly update they said this 

We created new ways to let you shoot from the hip, and some helpful characters assumed their post in the Tower.

Alot of Bungie fans were concerned that maybe this would be a generic military style shooter because of the ADS mechanic, but it seems like they are going to let us play how we want in this game and let us play the Arena-style way we know and love.

Then GTAO finally comes out. I was having a lot of fun, but now theres nothing to do. Rockstar has made it impossible to make money now unless you either do money glitches which can get you banned, or just race all day. The heists are still not out and there were a million problems with the game. I hope this game becomes fun again but as of now I am not playing it.

Not related but I did glitches and haven't been banned.  At one point I had $600K and when they started punishing people they left me with $60K plus the stimulus.  Not sure what happened, but I didn't sign on for a few days and when I did, somehow I had $3.5M.  Not sure where all that money came from but I'm not complaining.  I've found grinding races the only way to make money fast.

As for Destiny, I think anyone expecting a competitive shooter out of it is going to be let down.  I don't think it's their aim.  I guess we'll find out in a few months.