CyReN

UGC Knoxville Discussion

You mean MLG/Bungie/343 right?

AGL killed what was left of it. We literally aren't going to have a Halo tournament until at least H5 launch next year with the exception of online/local tourneys.

• Upvote (+1) 4

To bad this is looking very unlikely to go down... Even though i despise Halo 3, one last high level tournament to watch over a weekend would have been stellar. 

I'm a patient man though so i can wait till H5, or there's always the VOD tab at the top of the page. Chicago 2007, sick event if you'll are bored and want to see some amazing Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AGL killed what was left of it. We literally aren't going to have a Halo tournament until at least H5 launch next year with the exception of online/local tourneys.

ehh...  343 killed what was left of it with this game they call Halo :),   then...AGL killed all the blind fans believing Halo 4 had some good. 

Such a shame... I really wanted to watch this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ehh...  343 killed what was left of it with this game they call Halo :),   then...AGL killed all the blind fans believing Halo 4 had some good. 

Such a shame... I really wanted to watch this tournament.

True, very true. I hated Halo 4 and still do, but I would still watch the tourneys because I find it more enjoyable than CoD, so AGL still managed to kill the small competitive community that was left. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a FYI AGL didn't really kill Halo. There was a reason there was no AGL 10, because there was no teams. Sure you can say that the rumors of pay not being sent on time etc etc added to unrest of the community, but the fact is that a Halo 4 tournament was not viable months ago (pre Ghosts, next gen)

True, very true. I hated Halo 4 and still do, but I would still watch the tourneys because I find it more enjoyable than CoD, so AGL still managed to kill the small competitive community that was left.

No, AGL didn't kill halo touney's. 343i did that.

No, AGL didn't kill halo touney's. 343i did that.

They killed what was left of the comp scene. I know 343 killed H4 in general but if AGL had someone remotely competent running the company, we could have actually had events that people trusted to go to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea not having Halo tourneys sucks, I was really hoping we could have one last good tourney until H5 to erase AGL from memory but it looks like its not happening  :(

Is there a deadline for donating to the prize pool?

Don't bother donating. The event isn't happening.

If Halo wasn't dead before, it certainly is now. 

Yeah, and once it's off the Xbox Live charts (which is inevitable), it will be the first time since 2004 that Halo wasn't in the top Xbox Live charts. Halo 5 better be great, because there's no way this series can survive a third miss.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't bother donating. The event isn't happening.

Oh, I think I misread EagleBurn's post. I thought he was saying 26 passes have been sold... guessing it's the other way around. lol

We will get our donations back right? I donated a bit on day 1.

Yeah, they said all donations will be returned within 5 working days I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To bad this is looking very unlikely to go down... Even though i despise Halo 3, one last high level tournament to watch over a weekend would have been stellar. 

I'm a patient man though so i can wait till H5, or there's always the VOD tab at the top of the page. Chicago 2007, sick event if you'll are bored and want to see some amazing Halo 2.

Guess ill be watching VoD until next Fall... *sigh*

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well there is a Halo 4 Event in February in Michigan alongside a Ghosts one, to where I think some of the Halo guys who switched over to COD would be competiting. $1k guaranteed first prize, why not?

UGC should of tried to run Reach or Halo 4, no one plays Halo 3 anymore so why did everyone think that it would best to make UGC run a tournament for Halo 3?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

UGC should of tried to run Reach or Halo 4, no one plays Halo 3 anymore so why did everyone think that it would best to make UGC run a tournament for Halo 3?

Reach and Halo 4 have under 100 people playing their competitive playlists. Halo 3 has 300 almost every day.