TheFunkyChickn

Halo: Retrospect Trailer by Zola [A Halo Documentary]

Sent our a tweet on Beyond, gl to them.

Indeed, I'm hoping we can get some interesting perspectives from both players, and event coordinators. I'm pretty eager to see the end result. 

Initial thoughts just based on the video are mixed. I'm glad someone of zola's skill level is doing it but I'm hoping the focus will be on pros, teams, halo culture and the rise and fall of halo rather than a ton of random people telling their story story about halo. I hope it's more of a chronological narrative the way the ssbm one was. I know that sounds like I'm a dick but I just don't care that much about random halo kid's stories and I imagine they would all sound very similar. The interesting thing about documentaries is hearing how the participants (pros) felt throughout the story and how they feel now.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Initial thoughts just based on the video are mixed. I'm glad someone of zola's skill level is doing it but I'm hoping the focus will be on pros, teams, halo culture and the rise and fall of halo rather than a ton of random people telling their story story about halo. I hope it's more of a chronological narrative the way the ssbm one was. I know that sounds like I'm a dick but I just don't care that much about random halo kid's stories and I imagine they would all sound very similar. The interesting thing about documentaries is hearing how the participants (pros) felt throughout the story and how they feel now.

I don't think this is just about the competitive side. I think it's about Halo as a whole.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks for the feedback man

Will be trying to get a nice dissection of stories from all era's - And yes tell a story on where it came from and where it might be going. I don't have any allegiance to Bungie or 343 so it will be unbiased but largely the way this turns out will depend on how many people take the time out to record something, and what they have to say  :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

You know, i'd be okay, as long as they don't have a horrible narrator. The SSB documentary had a guy trying way too hard to sound like a badass.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will be trying to get a nice dissection of stories from all era's - And yes tell a story on where it came from and where it might be going. I don't have any allegiance to Bungie or 343 so it will be unbiased but largely the way this turns out will depend on how many people take the time out to record something, and what they have to say  :)

Welcome, hope I didn't come off as a douche. I'm sure it'll come out great like all your other work!

Hell yeah!  :maven:

I agree with you to an extent. It would be interesting to see it from the pros' perspective as far as the competitive side of things, but it would be cool to see how Halo has influenced or changed a persons life.

If this was about solely about the competitive side of things, yes by all means go with how the pros felt throughout Halo's evolution.

You know, i'd be okay, as long as they don't have a horrible narrator. The SSB documentary had a guy trying way too hard to sound like a badass.

I thought it was only me... :kappa:

You know, i'd be okay, as long as they don't have a horrible narrator. That SSMB narrator was painful to listen to.

I thought the narrator in the SSMB was pretty good.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this. Zola has made two of the best Halo videos to date and its looking like he is about to make another.

One things for sure the editing will be amazing.

I thought the narrator in the SSMB was pretty good.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this. Zola has made two of the best Halo videos to date and its looking like he is about to make another.

One things for sure the editing will be amazing.

damn-right.gif

If you need anything from Beyond, feel free to message me or any other admins. Can't wait to watch.

In my honest opinion. I know Zola is going to do a great job with this and show how much this game and community means to so many different people. But I really wish you would decide to make the documentary alot more about the competitive scene like the SSBM documentary did. 

Either way it's really cool your doing this.

In my honest opinion. I know Zola is going to do a great job with this and show how much this game and community means to so many different people. But I really wish you would decide to make the documentary alot more about the competitive scene like the SSBM documentary did. 

Either way it's really cool your doing this.

Yea, my worry is that the documentary tries to cover too many people's story and in the end it just turns out to be like a huge collage of stories without a central story-line or theme. Like Halo has so many aspects from the universe to the competitve side I guess you could cover all angles but I was assuming that the competitve side from LAN basements to the rise of MLG would be the main focus like the SSMB documentary.

Either way Im super excited for this and I hope everyone in the  Halo community contributes to make this documentary awesome  :)

Just something I'd like to say before it might get out of hand.  Lets not start having people in the Doc talk about their favorite game extensively, mechanics of Halo, etc

I think the main thing about this should be the different Eras Halo had from H1 competitive scene to present day and talk in detail about them.  H1 is a bit harder to talk of but I'm sure if you talked to the old school players they'll make it a lot easier

Also, the High Speed Halo LAN must be talked of just because it shows a lot of dedication, and it's funny lol (2 cars drove close to each other, had an ethernet cable connected to both cars and LANd on a Highway) 

Not sure if this is going to be focused more on competitive Halo and the players a part of it, or how Halo impacted several fans' lives. Anyway, good luck with everything! Hope it turns out great.

Good luck with this. I'm very much looking forward to the documentary! :Halo:

As some other people have said, it'll be really awesome to have a focus on the competitive scene. The story structure was actually quite good in SSB documentary, something similar would be great. I'll be looking forward to the finished video (s)