FIRESTONE

By: Boxing Beats

21mgd5k.jpg

Firestone had over 120 Downloads Before I Updated it, so for Everyone Who Was Asking for Updates, Here They Are!! :D

Firestone is a Symmetrical 90 Degree LoS Competitive Map Designed for Ricochet, Capture the Flag, Oddball, King of the Hill, and Slayer. It Features 3 Distinctive Streets to Both Sides of the Map, an Underpass, Overshield, and a Railgun. 

There are 4 Routes to Bottom Mid, 3 Routes to Each Side, a Window Top Mid for Ease of Movement Across the Map, and Numerous Jumps to Different Parts of the Map. All These Changes Were Added After Contemplating Feedback From the Community. The Updated Version is in My FileShare for Download and is Ready to Play Most Gametypes. 

Changes Made

I made Several Changes to the Map, Which Include:

More Routes To Bottom MidI was told by numerous people that the 2 routes to bottom mid through the underpass was not enough and made it near impossible to stay alive if you were down there. So, in response, I added 2 more routes to bottom mid, making it easier to move around down there and makes the flow of the map better. I also added some extra cover. 

Railgun Window at Top MidI created a window at top mid to make the map easier to navigate. Because if you want to get to the Ball Spawn, you would have to walk all the way around the map or go through the underpass. So I added the window for better flow and navigation. 

Ease of Movement JumpsI also added several jumps to get you from point A to point B. Some of these jumps include. Overshield Courtyard to Overshield. Left Ball to Half Bridge. Right Ball to Half Bridge. Railgun Courtyard to Railgun. Right Ball to Railgun. Left Ball to Overshield.

Sniper to RailgunAfter some feedback regarding the Sniper being unneeded for a small competitive map like Firestone, I exchanged the Sniper for a Railgun because I feel it suits the map better.

Moved WeaponsI moved and added some weapons. I moved the BR on Red Spawn across to Right Corner and Switched it with a Carbine. Same with the Blue Spawn. I placed a Shotgun in both spawns, in front of the Pillars. I also added some Grenades.

Removed Some RailingsTo add more flow to the map, I took out some unneeded Railings after receiving complaints about how stupid they were. These Railings were located to the Right and Left of Blue and Red Courtyards.

Cleaned It UpI Cleaned up the map by using 3x3 Blocks to add smoothness to the map. And used Artifact pieces for ramps up to Top Mid. 

This Map is in My FileShare for Download. So give it a DL and play a couple customs on it. Let me know what you think. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let me reword this post...

I like the map, but I found in playing it tonight that you could throw the ball from mid left and it has a decent chance of rolling into the goal. A hail mary play should be the most difficult of plays and in a case like ricochet, should not be a rolling ball to score, but flying through the goal - a small goal even. The fact that the goal is large and is nearly up against the back wall makes it even more an issue. I would like to see the goal off the floor so a rolling ball cannot score. I would also like to see the goal moved away from the back wall so the ball bouncing off the back wall in a wild throw is very unlikely to score as well.

other than that, I looked at your new version, and my only thought was that now it is too easy to move to the goal from the center ball spawn. But I don't know if that is the case, because it is also easy to rush the center spawn from the goal as well. Also, I was surprised that you opened the window on the top mid, because I would not bother jumping up to go down, I would just move back a little and drop down. I think that would be sufficient to get down to bottom mid quickly enough. Is there another reason you chose to make a window where you did?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I chose to put the window there because it makes the flow towards ball spawn easier, instead of having to go all the way around the wall, or jumping down bottom mid to risk staying alive. You have a better chance of living if you have more options. Rule that I've always remembered. **3 Entrances to Every Spot on the Map.**

But the reasoning for the goals being how they are, if i made it harder to score throwing it from the sides, it would be next to impossible to throw the ball in. Especially with someone playing defense the whole time. So the occasional toss from Mid Left or Mid Right for 20 Points is nothing compared to the Stale Mate that would occur if you couldn't make that throw. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Beats, I don't know how many games I've played on this map. How many 2v2s or 4v4s.

And in each one of those games, I've had a great time.

I already thought the map was pretty damn great in its earlier versions.

And with the recent changes you made to the map, it just landed a permanent spot in my hard drive. :)

The map also got something it deserved. It got into Matchmaking.

I just hope it stays in Matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just hope it stays in Matchmaking.

I echo this.  For Ricochet, my favorites are this one and Hekau.  I would like to see both those stay in Ricochet.

I would also like to see Inheritor stay . . . but as something other than a Ricochet map.  I really like that one, but I think it plays other gametypes better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh You Guys! Stop It, You Are Making Me Blush!!  :kappa:

I Designed My Map Completely Around Ricochet. Encompassing the Arena Feel, the Throws, The Flow, The Routes, The Lines of Sight. Everything I Put Into this Map was Specifically Designed for Ricochet. But I Also Made it Compatible with Other Gametypes that also Play Well. 

But, As You Guys Were Saying. I Too Wish for my Map to Stay In Matchmaking after the Community Playlist is Over. But, I Have Some Stiff Competition to Handle. So Who Knows. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There was only one problem I had on this map. I have a team with a growlithe and vulpix on it, and neither of them evolved.

I thought I had it right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

...So the occasional toss from Mid Left or Mid Right for 20 Points is nothing compared to the Stale Mate that would occur if you couldn't make that throw.

Fair enough ... trade offs......

• Upvote (+1) 1