chenga54

Adding Money to Gandhi's (UGC) H3 Tournament

So after hearing about Gandhi working with UGC to bring us a Halo tournament, I had a thought. IF the tournament actually happens, why doesn't Gandhi or maybe another incredibly credible person in the H3 community (ahem. Saucey or Beyond staff) set up an Indiegogo so that people who can't fly out to the event can still support Halo by donating and adding money to the prize pool? 

I know I would definitely chip in to an Indiegogo campaign to add money to the prize pool. Does anyone know if this is a feasible idea? Would anyone else be down to add $$ to the prize pool? I think this would be a great way of showing others (perhaps even 343i) how passionate the Halo community is about a game they love. Or it could show how dead Halo really is if there's only like $5 in the entire Indiegogo campaign. 

Gandhi and UGC are actually planning to set up a donations page within the next week or two once they get more details finalised with dates/set venue etc. They aren't doing an Indiegogo one because apparently it takes 10% of your total donation so I think they're setting up a specific page for it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope they set it up in such a way that you can just straight up pay with your card - would make life so much easier...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Gandhi and UGC are actually planning to set up a donations page within the next week or two once they get more details finalised with dates/set venue etc. They aren't doing an Indiegogo one because apparently it takes 10% of your total donation so I think they're setting up a specific page for it. 

So Brad really only got $135 instead of $150 for Arcadia? No wonder it fell through. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, this is already in the works. Gandhi also promised complete transparency so the community knows exactly what the money was used for. I'll definitely contribute once the page is up. 

So Brad really only got $135 instead of $150 for Arcadia? No wonder it feel through. 

That's not enough money to pay off that #Brazillian  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So after hearing about Gandhi working with UGC to bring us a Halo tournament, I had a thought. IF the tournament actually happens, why doesn't Gandhi or maybe another incredibly credible person in the H3 community (ahem. Saucey or Beyond staff) set up an Indiegogo so that people who can't fly out to the event can still support Halo by donating and adding money to the prize pool? 

I know I would definitely chip in to an Indiegogo campaign to add money to the prize pool. Does anyone know if this is a feasible idea? Would anyone else be down to add $$ to the prize pool? I think this would be a great way of showing others (perhaps even 343i) how passionate the Halo community is about a game they love. Or it could show how dead Halo really is if there's only like $5 in the entire Indiegogo campaign. 

I think they already plan on setting something like this up :)  I dont think they would be too happy if I came in and AGL'd the donations  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think they already plan on setting something like this up :)  I dont think they would be too happy if I came in and AGL'd the donations  :gandhi:

:Brad:

• Upvote (+1) 2

When is this event suppose to take place? If it's held after i receive my next cheque i'd gladly throw in $50-100.

Still no date. Late January or early February. 

Still no date. Late January or early February. 

That's a long time to keep people interested in Halo 3.

That's a long time to keep people interested in Halo 3.

At least it gives the tournament time for people to buy passes and prepare. Don't forget the game is 6 years old, a few months is nothing!

I'd happily donate a bit to the fund! seeing as that's all I can do over here in the UK

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope that this event happens and is at BFK. I have never gotten to attend an event and this would be a great first one if big names are going and at least 32 teams show up.

AGL'd the donations  :gandhi:

lmfao Saucey

I said this from the start, I've been supporting Halo since Day 1 despite having never attended an event.

Why, to this day, I will never know.....but why didn't we have an MLG Boston back in the day? I would've attended that hard (live in Maine) Would've been goat.....anywho, I'll be supporting again this time around regardless of whether or not it happens. I can't wait to see the polls when this is all said and done.

What Scott's doing is essentially putting competitive Halo in the hands of the Halo community. It's a very interesting situation we all find ourselves in to see if we actually care what's going to happen to the competitive side of this franchise. 

Why, to this day, I will never know.....but why didn't we have an MLG Boston back in the day?

I'm fairly sure there was an MLG Boston event around 2004-2005.  But still, it's been a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We could all trade in our H4 discs and donate that money to the tournament  :kappa:

But in all seriousness, I'd love to donate money. :) If everything works out, I hope all the major Halo streamers will link the donations page in their streams :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

When this months pay rolls around I will gladly donate from 25$ to 50$, depending on if they have a set price for donations. It is nice to see people work together again and pitch in to support the tournament scene and Halo in general, it will be great to see some old school Halo get another chance to shine.

Hopefully the players who were going to attend AGL Indianapolis will decide to attend this tournament, its exciting to think of seeing some of my favorite pro's battle it out once again and having fun doing so.

Remember team hardcore in halo 2?

343 said they can't update H3 because of "legacy tech", what does that have to do with Team Hardcore?