Sign in to follow this  
RandyROFLSTOMP

Would you like to see...

Bring them back?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should dual wielding, support weapons, and/or equipment return?

• Yes, dual wielding should return
    • Yes, dual wielding should return but modified (explain)
    • No, dual wielding should not return
    • Yes, support weapons should return
    • No, support weapons should not return
    • Yes, equipment should return
    • Yes, equipment should return but modified
    • No, equipment should not return

Would you like to see Dual Wielding, Support Weapons like the Missile Pod or Flamethrower, or Halo 3 style Equipment return for the next Halo? Why or why not?

Well I for one would like to see dual wielding return. It added a lot of sandbox variety and the different

combos you could do like p-shooter/magnum or plasma rifle/magnum allowed people to be creative

with the sandbox. It adds a level of fun for normal game types. Same goes for the support weapons.

Equipment however I think has been replaced by armor abilities. However, I believe in the next Halo

AA's should appear on map like the equipment did in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see both all 3 return (Equipment modified though). Dual Wielding added more combo's to the sandbox (I do believe if the boltshot stays it should only be single wield, unless the way it works is modified.) Support weapons were cool for the casual playlists and BTB, and kind of added something to the meta, It wasn't necessarily a power weapon, but you could destroy if you knew how to use them.

Equipment should return modified, with possibly a 1 time use Hardlight shield, 1 time use regen, I'd even like to see evade return as a 1 time use, or give the thruster 2 charges that is used up after both. Any of the other AA's I don't believe should be in game, besides maybe jetpack to use as an alternate route (How it's currently used on Station 9).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I voted no on dual wielding just because I think Halo is better without it, but I'm not against having dual wielding either. Dual wielding did add options to the sandbox which was cool, but I'd rather have a few really good guns with separate roles like CE did. Every gun was worth picking up. All these new Halo games have so many weapons and most of them are just useless or reskinned copies of other guns. 

I don't see a reason to not have support weapons. They were fun for campaign or casual BTB I guess. It doesn't make a huge difference to me so why not?

Ideally I would like to see Halo be simple again; meaning no armor abilities and no equipment. But realistically that isn't going to happen. And I would rather see equipment return than armor abilities. Equipment were one use, so no one could just spam regeneration fields or jet packs. And you had to pick them up off the map. Meaning you can't just spawn with active camo and camp in one spot with it. You had to earn them much like power-ups. That's my opinion on equipment. Like I said before, I would rather have no armor abilities at all (including sprint) and no equipment. Just keep Halo simple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dual wielding, support weapons, and equipment should return because they enrich projects in machinimas and custom games; they add variety to the sandbox. However, Sprint should return as an armor ability.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Equipment however I think has been replaced by armor abilities. However, I believe in the next Halo

AA's should appear on map like the equipment did in H3.

Sort of like Equipment that recharges?

Would you like to see Dual Wielding, Support Weapons like the Missile Pod or Flamethrower, or Halo 3 style Equipment return for the next Halo? Why or why not?

Dual Wielding: As a competitive player, or ex competitive player, I don't think it's necessary to be honest. It's good for casual players but not a big deal...

Missile Pod/Flame Thrower: Yes. The flame thrower is fun and it changes things a lot, so long as they have the same negatives as H3(walking slower). The missile pod I think should be added because of big team battle. Normally I wouldn't think about BTB but after seeing the competitive side of it in Halo 4, I think it would be good.

Halo 3 Equipment: Hell yes! These things were amazing, for casual play they were at least. Pissing people off with radar jammers and flares, throwing a power drain up the lifts on construct, the regeneration equipment I always threw down on social slayer when I went on the sniper tower on the pit, and of course, the bubble shield on guardian rumble pit, throwing it in the middle and killing idiots that charge it...

The things you listed were only for casual players, which I may become soon, so I think they would be okay to add.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The missile pod was extremely useful in BTB. It was a good way to take out the enemies vehicles, but now that u can start with plasma pistols, plasma grenades, and abilities that make explosions stronger theres not much of a need for a missile pod

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you imagine dual wielding an AR and storm rifle? Holy rape.

:P

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm against dual wielding returning - it's never been balanced particularly well in the past and I'd rather see more meaningful weapons.

I'm for support weapons returning. Never really had an issue with those.

And I'm for modified equipment, whether single use or as AAs as long as the effects are interesting and don't ever stall combat as long as the Bubble Shield, Regenerator, Camo, or Armour Lock do. For example, if the Bubble Shield were to return I'd say it should only last for 3 seconds; enough time for a player to identify an incoming long distance rocket, grenade, or Wraith mortar and deploy the shield to survive, but it wouldn't be obnoxiously hanging around for 20 seconds while some smug player with a Shotgun just sits inside it trying to goad opponents into rushing him.

Another example would be the Jetpack - give it a larger fuel reserve but make it not recharge; once it's empty it will stay that way until another is picked up.

Plenty of interesting things could be done with Equipment and AAs if they're approached from the angle of being minor ways of affecting gameplay rather than significantly powerful abilities which completely change how an individual approaches the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The missile pod was extremely useful in BTB. It was a good way to take out the enemies vehicles, but now that u can start with plasma pistols, plasma grenades, and abilities that make explosions stronger theres not much of a need for a missile pod

Perhaps those things, like PP and stickies, should be removed from loadouts or even have loadouts removed entirely.

Perhaps those things, like PP and stickies, should be removed from loadouts or even have loadouts removed entirely.

I kind of like loadouts, they just need to be limited a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm impartial about Support Weapons or Equipment, so long as they're balanced and work with the game. As far as duel weilding goes, I'd rather not see it return. It wrecks havok on balancing the sand box, as weapons become either underpowered unless you weild them in doubles, or over powered when combined.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm impartial about Support Weapons or Equipment, so long as they're balanced and work with the game. As far as duel weilding goes, I'd rather not see it return. It wrecks havok on balancing the sand box, as weapons become either underpowered unless you weild them in doubles, or over powered when combined.

Permanently bound weapon sets.

Trade your ability to melee and throw grenades for increased firepower.

Tell me you wouldn't pick up Dual Needlers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never used the equipment or support weapons much, but they were nice to have around for shits and giggles. Dual Wielding I loved dearly tho, and did it a lot...would love to see that make a return. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two words; Drop Shield. That was a neat ability. It was an awesome mix between the bubble shield and regen in H3, but the beauty of it was that it didn't heal as good as a regen, or protect as good as a bubble shield. It didn't recharge shields, only health, and collapsed with enough damage.

But hell, it'd be useless, because Halo devs think that if health recharges you don't need to see it. Personally, I like health packs and no rechargeable health, Reach had it good.

• Upvote (+1) 1