Sign in to follow this  
Gold

Gandhi's Halo 3 Event?!

But Gandhi isn't going with an established company like MLG. He's going with some people who are doing this for no profit in order to get their name out there.

I would say it could possibly be Mind Nutrition although i'm not to sure because they don't seem to be the biggest company and able to fund such an event.

Although the Mind Nutrition lads i met at Gamescom were sound so i wouldn't be that surprised.  

I am 99% sure that I could get a team to go to St Louis the first couple of weeks of January.

Please make this happen, I really looked forward to seeing H3 at AGL 10.

AGL is dad.  This is not an AGL event.  AGL is the league that shall not be named from here on out.

2v2 or bust. 4s is classic Halo, but it is not viable. Make it 2v2 and you will see a lot more teams, even more then if they were combined into 4s.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Showing my support, Altho I'm from the UK I'd love to help any way I can, graphics wise or even donation!

Same.

If it's community run for the sake of having a great H3 send off before H5 I'd happily donate a bit of cash to encourage more teams to come out of the woodwork. Maybe have a flat prize pool and then an additional percentage of whatever the community case raise.

Won't be able to visit unless it's in Texas. I do agree with Violence though, a 2v2 sounds more doable.

In Knoxville? Yes

In St. Louis? No

War Eagle

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if Gandhi said the St Louis venue was set in stone, got a bit confused at that part or whether a different venue could happen based on feedback, but hopefully the community can come to an agreement, Gandhi does seem to be very flexible with changing the logistics which is a good sign.

I believe what Gandhi said is that it would be either St.Louis or Battlefield Knox. And that it being one of those two locations was set in stone. But as of now it isn't decided upon which of those two locales it would hypothetically be. Hope this clears that up. =)

I believe what Gandhi said is that it would be either St.Louis or Battlefield Knox. And that it being one of those two locations was set in stone. But as of now it isn't decided upon which of those two locales it would hypothetically be. Hope this clears that up. =)

Yeah, thanks. Not sure which would be better for the people attending the event, but I heard BFK was popular for previous AGL events, only reason they didn't go back was because BFK charged a bit extra after AGL 8 because Brad had promised them half the people attending would pay for laser tag but only 30-50 did.

The BFK guys seem really chill and want to help the community so I don't see why they wouldn't choose to go back. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Knoxville? Yes

In St. Louis? No

Driving through St. Louis a couple months back, it looked like a fucking 3rd world country lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

This needs some mad promotion to get 32+ teams

Gandhi needs to have a bunch of people tweet this and spread it by word of mouth. Even then I doubt it would get anywhere near 48 teams.

Yeah i think this could work if there's a lot talk about it and prep time for players. People have already gone back to H3 and there were people who said they WOULD go to a Halo tournament, a proper time of notice is necessary.

As some have seen, this is something that I've tried to pull together for a while now. The truth of the matter is the scene is rather "cliquey" so those who are unknown don't have as easy of a shot being heard. I've sent out e-mails to AGL, UMG, Battlefield Knoxville and others in regards to a final Halo tournament.

This idea that I've been proposing is more of an EVO style tournament in which we can finally try to have some unity in supporting multiple versions of Halo, instead of fighting over them. It would be a community joint effort but would need backing from an organization or venue willing to host it. To me it sounds like Scott wants to do this for the Halo community, but to me that sounds like it's just a Halo 3 tournament. I understand if he doesn't want to go head over heals right off the bat, but that is just hosting one installment of the many versions that we have.

I've tweeted scott in the past, he's never responded to me. So if anybody knows a better way to get in touch with him let me know. He's essentially doing what I've been wanting to do for a while, but for Halo 3. I don't know if he's looking to start up something long term or what, but it's obvious he wants his name all over the promotion.

If this snowballs into something more than Halo 3, please somebody contact me, or if there's an actual way to get in touch with him that isn't over twitter leave it here.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As some have seen, this is something that I've tried to pull together for a while now. The truth of the matter is the scene is rather "cliquey" so those who are unknown don't have as easy of a shot being heard. I've sent out e-mails to AGL, UMG, Battlefield Knoxville and others in regards to a final Halo tournament.

This idea that I've been proposing is more of an EVO style tournament in which we can finally try to have some unity in supporting multiple versions of Halo, instead of fighting over them. It would be a community joint effort but would need backing from an organization or venue willing to host it. To me it sounds like Scott wants to do this for the Halo community, but to me that sounds like it's just a Halo 3 tournament. I understand if he doesn't want to go head over heals right off the bat, but that is just hosting one installment of the many versions that we have.

I've tweeted scott in the past, he's never responded to me. So if anybody knows a better way to get in touch with him let me know. He's essentially doing what I've been wanting to do for a while, but for Halo 3. I don't know if he's looking to start up something long term or what, but it's obvious he wants his name all over the promotion.

If this snowballs into something more than Halo 3, please somebody contact me, or if there's an actual way to get in touch with him that isn't over twitter leave it here.

You can e-mail him. At least you used to be able to, for people would e-mail their suggestions for Gandhi's thoughts.

As LimeSoda said above, just email him [email protected]

I'm pretty sure he responds to all emails he gets. 

Gandhi is always faithful to Halo and those who love it, this could be a big success if news gets around to anyone wanting a shot at competing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If it is in st Louis, I live in the state and would feel like a bitch if I didn't at least spectate. Yes, I would go and do my best to get a team.