Sign in to follow this  
Gold

Gandhi's Halo 3 Event?!

Would depend on a date. Will probably show up, but don't know if I would compete.

I want to see several old pro players and teams coming back for this last event.

This needs some mad promotion to get 32+ teams

Gandhi needs to have a bunch of people tweet this and spread it by word of mouth. Even then I doubt it would get anywhere near 48 teams.

I'm sure the viewers would be there, but I think no matter what location there honestly isn't going to be 40+ teams

If we could get MLG to slap their name on it, who knows?

Also this should be the new headline to the forums imo. 

This probably needs to happen later, more than sooner, because late December, people are already going to be traveling, and that's a major expense. In early January allows a bit more money to be made.

If we could get MLG to slap their name on it, who knows?

Also this should be the new headline to the forums imo. 

But Gandhi isn't going with an established company like MLG. He's going with some people who are doing this for no profit in order to get their name out there.

But Gandhi isn't going with an established company like MLG. He's going with some people who are doing this for no profit in order to get their name out there.

I'm not saying make it an MLG event, but have MLG sponsor the event. They really wouldn't have to do anything. Just the MLG name alone would bring teams.

I would absolutely love to see this event happen, the only thing i cant see is 64 teams, You would need HUGE promotion from people on twitter and Youtube like Nadeshot, and KYR Speedy people like that. Sadly i wont be able to attend but i will watch every second of it with NO adblock <3.  

From what I've read from the posts by Battlefield Knox on these forums, there are a bunch of local teams who would show up for an event given adequate advance notice (Maybe in the 10-16 range). AGL 10 was going to have about 16 teams. If people really worked hard to get the word out there (remember H3 AGL 10 was on short notice), I think 32 teams is a realistic number.

Sounds like a good idea, I know Gandhi wouldn't flake out like Brad/AGL so at least there's that reliability factor for the event to actually happen and payouts to be prompt. However, I think the amount of teams that go is based on the prize pool, if we're looking at 5k for the winning team, I doubt we'd see over 32 teams.

It's the sad truth, no longer do people compete just for the love of the game, some do, but if you're a professional gamer, you need money to continue that career path. Without that money, you're just another fan that attends events for the fun of it.

Location is also a big factor, BFK seemed to be an easy venue for a lot of players and AGL pulled over 40 teams at one event so if this possible one gets enough promotion and hype, I could see it pull in the 40's or 50's with a big enough prize pool and the fact it's Halo 3, not Halo 4.

Not sure if Gandhi said the St Louis venue was set in stone, got a bit confused at that part or whether a different venue could happen based on feedback, but hopefully the community can come to an agreement, Gandhi does seem to be very flexible with changing the logistics which is a good sign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not saying make it an MLG event, but have MLG sponsor the event. They really wouldn't have to do anything. Just the MLG name alone would bring teams.

Oh, fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. I doubt that would breach any contract with Activision too. Good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gandhi is the true  :goat: , thank god we still have veteran pros like that around leading the community through this shit storm.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I could not attend the event because it's too far away from where I live.  But I would watch the entire thing on Twitch, as well as tweet the stream and post it on my Facebook.  I would love to see this happen.

I wouldn't be able to attend unless its on the east coast. Travel (other than driving a few states away) would just be too much money around the holidays. But I'd absolutely watch every second of it on stream.  

I could not attend the event because it's too far away from where I live.  But I would watch the entire thing on Twitch, as well as tweet the stream and post it on my Facebook.  I would love to see this happen.

More or less this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wonder what prize pool we're looking at, that is what determines the number of teams. 

I'd deff watch regardless 

If it's St. Louis, I'll make a team and go. I've always wanted to make it out to an event, and STL is close enough to make that a possibility. I'm not a serious contender for money, but i'd for sure show up. On top of 4v4 they should have FFAs for spectators or a small prize pool.