Sign in to follow this  
My Tails

Let me try and help. (Idea)

Trying to organize the bases of what's needed for a large scale tournament to happen here in Chicago via GamePazzo. In order for this to happen, we need support and a turnout. The basic idea is to get a guaranteed 64 teams to sign up for the event, 100% going and ready to play as soon as they show up at the door. In terms of pricing, we were thinking about 100-150$ per pass in cash at door, which will allow for a cash prize at the end of the tournament Sunday (If 64 teams the payout could be from 2-5k). I don't want it to be thought of as a major tournament personally but as a huge LAN where we're all just betting on ourselves to win. I really want this to happen, and support is coming in from a bunch of major halo figures that see this as an opportunity to give back to the people. NOTHING IS SET IN STONE, but the possibilities are endless; and if we can throw a good tournament just once, we can show that the community is still eager. What do you guys think, can we hype it up enough to make this dream a reality; I know out of the thousands of viewers we have at least 250 people can make it out to a tournament, so let's at least try.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Trying to organize the bases of what's needed for a large scale tournament to happen here in Chicago via GamePazzo. In order for this to happen, we need support and a turnout. The basic idea is to get a guaranteed 64 teams to sign up for the event, 100% going and ready to play as soon as they show up at the door. In terms of pricing, we were thinking about 100-150$ per pass in cash at door, which will allow for a cash prize at the end of the tournament Sunday (If 64 teams the payout could be from 2-5k). I don't want it to be thought of as a major tournament personally but as a huge LAN where we're all just betting on ourselves to win. I really want this to happen, and support is coming in from a bunch of major halo figures that see this as an opportunity to give back to the people. NOTHING IS SET IN STONE, but the possibilities are endless; and if we can throw a good tournament just once, we can show that the community is still eager. What do you guys think, can we hype it up enough to make this dream a reality; I know out of the thousands of viewers we have at least 250 people can make it out to a tournament, so let's at least try.

Sounds like a decent idea. I support this. Just try your best to get it out to the right people and this can actually happen. I hope you're successful if this works out my friend.

Instead of trying to get people to fly from all over the country to Chicago - why not just set up the exact same LAN, keep it local, local teams, local players - promote the crap out of it and then stream it?

If the quality is there, the organization is there, then it is a stepping stone to showing people you are serious and are able to accomplish the planning and logistics involved with putting an event together.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Instead of trying to get people to fly from all over the country to Chicago - why not just set up the exact same LAN, keep it local, local teams, local players - promote the crap out of it and then stream it?

If the quality is there, the organization is there, then it is a stepping stone to showing people you are serious and are able to accomplish the planning and logistics involved with putting an event together.  

Because I know the Chicago Halo scene, there's not enough people here to make a tournament this scale. Anyone can host a regular tournament, but a big tournament is what we need more than that.

That makes sense I think that this is a good idea besides AGL is just going downhill now.

My only problem with Chicago Halo, is we need the pro's to show up if we want all the other players to. I've lived here my whole life and met pretty much all the players out here, but when it comes to big scale tournaments at game pazzo only a few teams show up if any. At the very least those who can drive a few hours to the event from out of state.

Because I know the Chicago Halo scene, there's not enough people here to make a tournament this scale. Anyone can host a regular tournament, but a big tournament is what we need more than that.

If what you think we need is one big tournament - Im sorry brother, but you are mistaken.  (Did Halo blow up after H4GC?.....)

Now, I admire your idea, and would love to support for sure.  I just think that right now, with Halo where it is, a grass roots approach is most likely the best way to go. And especially after what just happened with AGL - I doubt former pros and players are going to shelve out $$ for a pass and travel to an event that is being ran by a group of people that have yet to put on an event.

again, just my two cents. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If what you think we need is one big tournament - Im sorry brother, but you are mistaken.  (Did Halo blow up after H4GC?.....)

Now, I admire your idea, and would love to support for sure.  I just think that right now, with Halo where it is, a grass roots approach is most likely the best way to go. And especially after what just happened with AGL - I doubt former pros and players are going to shelve out $$ for a pass and travel to an event that is being ran by a group of people that have yet to put on an event.

again, just my two cents. 

H4GC was for H4, and was an FFA tournament where only the finals were streamed. A big 4v4 tournament with maybe both games is exactly what we need. All we need is support and faith. I'm willing to literally do this for no profit, I will put whatever I can into this idea simply for the sake of this game. At the very least people within driving distances could try and make it out. If pro's support, everyone else will too, sacrifice is necessary for success. And I really appreciate your support, and thank you for helping me develop the idea.

That makes sense I think that this is a good idea besides AGL is just going downhill now.

What do you mean "going"? lol

AGL is gone, and gone for good. Brad has disappeared off the face of the Earth, and i doubt players will get payed at this point. It's unfortunate, but it's good that we are looking towards the future.  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

H4GC was for H4, and was an FFA tournament where only the finals were streamed. A big 4v4 tournament with maybe both games is exactly what we need. All we need is support and faith. I'm willing to literally do this for no profit, I will put whatever I can into this idea simply for the sake of this game. At the very least people within driving distances could try and make it out. If pro's support, everyone else will too, sacrifice is necessary for success. And I really appreciate your support, and thank you for helping me develop the idea.

No problem, now after you have all the details, the finances, location, dates, logistics, etc etc...  Then come let everyone know. 

Until then, its wishful thinking my man. 

Start small then. Don't try to jump straight into hosting a huge 4v4 tournament (yes, 64 teams is huge). You're not going to be able to draw that many teams in regardless of it being Halo 3 or Halo 4, especially without being a well known and trusted organization. Start with local FFA tournaments with 32-64 people showing up. Make people bring friends that haven't played too much Halo. Once you've run enough of those and people are familiar enough, you can bump it up to 2v2 tournaments where 16-20 teams might show up (hopefully forming teams with people they meet at the FFA's). Stream each and every one of these tournaments with the best production quality you can bring. It will cost a decent amount of money to organize and run; be prepared for that. You'll have to do multiple FFA's and multiple 2v2's to build up a reputation before you can even think about hosting legitimate 4v4's.

oh yeah for sure dude let's put our faith into some kid who just attacks unknowing people

You don't know this person, nor the context of why we don't get along. But yes, I am asking for you trust as a halo player, by the way I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to get upset at people, by right of human nature.

well, if you think about it you're trying to run your event and it doesn't come off as professional. While he may be annoying or you have your own personal beef, he really did nothing to you to provoke that response, you just seem to come off as rude tbh. Best of luck, if it's in Chicago I may even go

Start small then. Don't try to jump straight into hosting a huge 4v4 tournament (yes, 64 teams is huge). You're not going to be able to draw that many teams in regardless of it being Halo 3 or Halo 4, especially without being a well known and trusted organization. Start with local FFA tournaments with 32-64 people showing up. Make people bring friends that haven't played too much Halo. Once you've run enough of those and people are familiar enough, you can bump it up to 2v2 tournaments where 16-20 teams might show up (hopefully forming teams with people they meet at the FFA's). Stream each and every one of these tournaments with the best production quality you can bring. It will cost a decent amount of money to organize and run; be prepared for that. You'll have to do multiple FFA's and multiple 2v2's to build up a reputation before you can even think about hosting legitimate 4v4's.

This is a good idea, and the small tournament idea is probably the best way to go, but I just initially probably thought getting a bunch of teams together for a 4v4 would make a bigger impression on the possible future.

well, if you think about it you're trying to run your event and it doesn't come off as professional. While he may be annoying or you have your own personal beef, he really did nothing to you to provoke that response, you just seem to come off as rude tbh. Best of luck, if it's in Chicago I may even go

It's insulting to him just a little because of our differences, but also me as a player, and how I work don't affect each other, I can have a different mood depending on who I'm talking to, if you still doubt my credibility read some of the kids tweets, and then judge.

oh yeah for sure dude let's put our faith into some kid who just attacks unknowing people

You just attacked an unknowing person. 

OT: I remember seeing a gamepazzo stream during Reach. The quality was horrible though haha. I think people would show up. Maybe you guys could work with Gandhi?