Your First Halo

137 members have voted

1. 1. First Halo game you had.

• Halo: Combat Evolved
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • Halo: Reach
    • Halo 4
    • Other (Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo Wars, Halo: Spartan Assault)
  2. 2. The Halo game you played the most at the time you became apart of the competitive community. Just saying, your apart of it if you post here.

• Halo: Combat Evolved
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • Halo: Reach
    • Halo 4
    • Other (Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo Wars, Halo: Spartan Assault)

When it comes to debating where Halo should go in the future, a lot of the reasons that we have people debating whether or not certain things should be in Halo is because of perception. A lot of people are to stubborn to recognize that their first Halo game had it flaws.

Take note of the second question also, I want to see how long it took for this site's community to become apart of the competitive community because I've seen a lot of people say that it was years before they started caring about competitive tournaments. 

Personally, my first Halo was Halo 2. I got it in 2009 so the multiplayer didn't have many players left, but I still had a ton of fun on it, I was a regular player of Halo 2 up until the servers were shut down after April 15th, 2010. And I really didn't become apart of the competitive community until shortly after Reach launched, I had been aware of it, but I never cared enough to actually tune in to an MLG tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My first  halo was CE, played the hell outta campaign and lots of splitscreens with my cousins and friends casually. Didnt discover MLG till Halo 2, and thats where i got into it. 

Halo:CE was my first and favourite Halo. I got an Xbox just for Halo. Halo 3 is when i got into competetitve Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE was my first halo and I got it for Christmas the year it was released. I mainly played campaign and split screen multiplayer until my friend showed me XBC around 2004. I was mainly a BG CTF kid, but toward the end of its life I started playing doubles.

Halo 2 was when I really got involved since it was a newer game and I even attended MLG Chicago 07.

Halo CE. Started MP in Halo 2, very casually. Got in to competitive Halo 3 at it's highest point. Stopped playing competitvely around the end of Reach. First event was in 2009, started watching back in 07 though.

CE was first Halo did lans and played at friends houses feel in love with it right a way.    HALO <3

Toward the end of Halo 3 i started to play Ranked much MUCH more and became  better with time (in my mind)

Played Halo CE at a friend's house almost everyday when I was young. It wasn't until I bought an xbox for Halo 2, that I actually started playing multiplayer more serious. 

I played Halo 1 at a friend's house for the first time in 2002. We played a 2v2 on Blood Gulch and the kid who owned the game got a running riot against me. I would later find out this kid was terrible. I was just more terrible at the time.

But I loved the game and started lanning it at my friend's houses through all of 2003 until my dad finally got me my own Xbox for Christmas of 03. After that I quickly began destroying my friends. I loved the game, and I was constantly on Halo message boards, trying to learn new stuff. That led me to sites like halo-pro.com, where I learned stuff like the 8 second cap, and Maverick's Basic Essentials. Eventually I started playing XBC, and I got good enough that none of my local friends wanted to play me, and were just waiting for H2 to come out.

Years later in 2008, I met Shade and Shibby while attending Ohio University, and Shade taught me all kinds of new shit (random spawns, quick camo, using your teammates screen well, safe and deliberate non-random spawning of your teammate, and countless other things), and that took my CE game to a whole other level.

Lots of splitscreen, all vehicles, plasma pistol start Blood Gulch matches started my love of Halo. Halo 2 cemented my love of competition, and I discovered MLG around this point, but lacked the discipline to actually learn the game. For whatever reason, I didn't play Halo 3 nearly as much, and Halo: Reach even less after that.

However, toward the end of Halo: Reach, I actually started to think about my playstyle, started to really dive into the deeper end of the pool, and I started to seek out more knowledge on the subject. When Halo 4 launched, I immediately vowed to be the best I could possibly be. Almost 12 days of play time and one tiny local tournament win later, I started to realize the superior competitive merits of previous Halos, and how much time I'd wasted with a terrible Halo game.

For now, I just continue to read up on tactics and keep sharp on Halo 3, ZBNS Reach, and even occasionally 4, hoping and praying that a competitive Halo comes out before I get too old to really give it a shot.

My first Halo was CE. *~nostalgiafag~*

I got an Xbox a few months after the game came out because my dad's a nerd and into that kind of stuff. This was my first FPS and I didn't even have high speed internet back then. Lolz. I didnt' get into the competitive community until Halo 2, around summer of 05.

I didn't seriously get into playing Halo CE competitive settings until like early 06. I'd play it with some people from MLGPro pretty often. OT thread of OT 4 lyfe.

Mah first game was CE. Nothing can beat Warthog Wars on Sidewinder. Nothing.

The first game I played competitive multiplayer for srs was mid-way through Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE on the PC was my first Halo game, with Halo 3 being my first console Halo.

I knew about competitive Halo, but I didn't really follow it actively or participate in competitions until late 2011 in Halo: Reach.

Started playing Halo PC, didn't get a console Halo game until Halo 3, and didn't start caring about the competitive side of things until Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got the Xbox bundle with CE and Midtown Madness. After a bunch of Need for Speed games and Halo 2 I got a 360 with Halo 3. When I was trying to rank up in the playlists I discovered the competitive community.

Halo:CE was my first and favourite Halo. I got an Xbox just for Halo. Halo 3 is when i got into competetitve Halo.

Im similar: Only difference, although I played H1, H2 on an xbox at my friends places, I actually started with HCE and H2 on PC! I then bought a 360 just for H3 : )

• Upvote (+1) 1

got ce when i was 6 (im 17 now). my favourite halo by far. ce's campaign is more replayable than halo 4's multiplayer (and yes ive never played a proper game of ce multiplayer, given my age).

got xbox live in early 2011 (by this time i already owned all halos except 4), played a bit of halo 3. then played some reach, i had like over a 1000 games in team slayer. i never really 'got' into competitive halo, i had seen the mlg playlist, and not knowing what mlg was at all, was curious and decided to play it. i of course got owned, but then went back for some more and discovered that i was blissfully ignorant of just how much default reach sucked in comparison. i never played mlg to be a tryhard, or to practice with my (non-existant) team for an event, i just loved v7 settings so much. i sought to improve, so i went on some forums like bungie.net, then waypoint, then thc, then here. i'm all for a balanced/traditional/competitive halo game, but you'll never see me at an event (mostly coz im not in NA) or follow the pros (most of whom i dont classify as 'professional' gamers anyways).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I got Halo CE march of 2004  

Halo 2 christmas of 2005  (Didn't play online till mid-2006)

Halo 3 on release

Halo Reach on release

Halo 4.... who cares.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE....sigh =')

My favourite pastime was to make ovekill extermination on marines....=')

ahh good memories

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE in 2002-2003

Then I got Halo 2, the rest it doesn't matter.

Edit : Damn you KB Toys for making me buy a Xbox at that time and not having the gamecube I wanted.

Started with Halo 3, didn't really start to delve into the competitive community until Reach. I did revisit the original trilogy though, and learning about competitive Halo in Reach meant that I could view the originals much more critically as the only nostalgia I had was of the fun times of playing H3 on dial up...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got the Xbox bundle with CE and Midtown Madness. After a bunch of Need for Speed games and Halo 2 I got a 360 with Halo 3. When I was trying to rank up in the playlists I discovered the competitive community.

Haha, yes! I got the Midtown Madness bundle, too. I loved that game, but CE was always my favourite game.