joshchief117

Would You Buy H5 If...

Halo 3 BR was the worst utility weapon in Halo.

The Halo 3 BR is more consistent than the H4 BR. I've tested it myself.

On H3 i tested it on Guardian. I was S2 shooting a guy top gold. I was getting 4 shot and 5 shot kills, i think i was getting more 5sk i don't rememer it was a while ago.

On H4 i tested the BR on Haven. I was top mid shooting a guy top blue ramp. I was getting all sorts of numbers. It went as high as like an 8sk or something. The H4 BR has more bullet magnetism too yet it's more inconsistent.

H4 BR is worse.

The Halo 3 BR is more consistent than the H4 BR. I've tested it myself.

On H3 i tested it on Guardian. I was S2 shooting a guy top gold. I was getting 4 shot and 5 shot kills, i think i was getting more 5sk i don't rememer it was a while ago.

On H4 i tested the BR on Haven. I was top mid shooting a guy top blue ramp. I was getting all sorts of numbers. It went as high as like an 8sk or something. The H4 BR has more bullet magnetism too yet it's more inconsistent.

H4 BR is worse.

Were you host? Was it on LAN? Did you adjust for recoil after every shot on H4? Zoomed or Un-Zoomed?

I've played lots of games of H3 and H4. And H4s BR has always seemed more consistent to me. Especially with shot registration and range.

Were you host? Was it on LAN? Did you adjust for recoil after every shot on H4? Zoomed or Un-Zoomed?

I've played lots of games of H3 and H4. And H4s BR has always seemed more consistent to me. Especially with shot registration and range.

I did it on split-screen.

Yeah i made sure to adjust for recoil. Like i said i tested it and the H4 BR is absolutely horrendous.

We knew h4 had sprint before release... did you buy a copy of h4??

We did, but they also promised us Halo 4 would be the most customisable Halo to date which lead a lot of players (including me) to believe that there would at least be a toggle for Sprint. 

We did, but they also promised us Halo 4 would be the most customisable Halo to date which lead a lot of players (including me) to believe that there would at least be a toggle for Sprint. 

Not enough bandwidth apparently.

Not enough bandwidth apparently.

Did you hear what they said at E3 pre H4 launch, "Yeah,  no Descope is a glitch with the game and will be sorted out before launch."

Smh.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What does sprint add that cannot be accomplished with a faster base movement speed? 

If you heavily nerf sprint you can punish players for using it it would become an almost different mechanic

Alright, well if that's the case Halo is gonna continue to suck. There's not much to argue. Either Halo goes back to being Halo or we let it rest in peace.

Halo needs to evolve in one way or another

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 4 tried to be like CoD and draw in the CoD crowd. They left shortly after.

Why you ask?

CoD kids want CoD, not CoD with shields set in space.

Halo kids also leave because it's not true Halo.

It's a lose-lose situation.

People want classic Halo, like it was from CE-H3. There's a reason why Reach and H4 saw massive population drops and anger amongst the community.

It's been proven countless times why Sprint in Halo is a bad thing, the kill times are not lightning fast like in CoD's, the mechanic allows players to Sprint away from bad positioning/situations which is essentially a 'get out of jail free card'. In CoD, the kill times are so quick, having Sprint doesn't affect the game like it does in Halo. Not to mention map designs in Halo suffer, too. Power positions are no longer a thing as players can just Sprint away whenever they please.

There are other effective ways of making Halo accessible without destroying what Halo should be. Basic training playlist like in H3 is a good idea for beginners. 

An easy to understand, but complex to master ranking system that gives each player the best possible match based on their skill, noobs starting out will get paired with other noobs, or lower skilled players just better than them, and they will never run into highly skilled/experienced players.

This is not evident in Halo 4 or Halo Reach, the highly skilled player gets bored because of the lack of competition and pub stomping and the lesser skilled player isn't having an enjoyable time because he's going 1-16 every game.

The reason why Halo has fallen so badly is because the Developers tried to implement new features that simply did not work in Halo, people played Halo for Halo, not a CoD clone, if Halo goes back to its roots, whilst implementing features that fans want (spec mode, flawless ranking system, improved Forge etc), then Halo could start to see the success it used to see back in the Golden age of Halo. 

You also say, "but sprint is a necessity at least for casuals from other games." 

This is completely wrong, Halo 2 and Halo 3 has hundreds of thousands of casuals playing every day, yet the game had no Sprint. Why was this? 

• Ranking system.
  • Fun game (lots of features, Custom games options etc)
  • Balanced sandbox (for the most part)

Halo CAN thrive without Sprint as shown in the past, the devs have to realize this or Halo is truly fucked

Sprint is almost a must have for AAA FPS console ones anyway. Classic Halo would not survive with out changing because the console FPS genre is so different now

Sprint is almost a must have for AAA FPS console ones anyway. Classic Halo would not survive with out changing because the console FPS genre is so different now

Did you not read my post that you just quoted? I just told you why having Sprint in Halo will never work.

No matter how many times you say modern FPS games need Sprint, it doesn't change the fact that Halo found success by being unique and not conforming to your typical modern FPS title.

• Upvote (+1) 3

OP honestly, I feel as if you do not read the facts and negatives with what comes with Sprint and the terrible elements like Flinch and AA's that have been just tossed in for the sake of it. You seem only interested in Halo 5 having what you want it to have which seems to be a experience closer to that of Call of Duty and other copy and paste Class-Based shooters. Halo is a Arena Shooter, and has its own formula and unique game-play or it did at one point, Halo 4 shows that is disappearing. If people wanted to play Call of Duty then they would, and if they want to play Halo then they expect it to be Halo, not a terribly unbalanced, random, poorly designed clone of COD mechanics with a Halo skin.

Unique qualities are a good thing in a age where shooters are losing their own identities, Halo is losing itself and it is killing this franchise rapidly. If Halo 5 continues the current trend only the Campaign will be relevant and the multiplayer will die off faster than Halo 4's, and that is a horrible side effect of poor design choices.

I dont understand why you keep making these topics or why you continue to try to say we have to live and deal with Sprint and horrible mechanics just because other games have them, that is not the case. No one is going to buy Halo 5 for its multiplayer if it continues Halo 4's awful trends, and if Halo 5 isn't the original recipe it will be the very death of Halo as a franchise. Those ignorant to the flaws of Halo Reach and Halo 4's will be the very reason, which only hurts those of us who actually care about Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did you not read my post that you just quoted? I just told you why having Sprint in Halo will never work.

No matter how many times you say modern FPS games need Sprint, it doesn't change that Halo found success by being unique and not conforming to your typical modern FPS title.

It's pretty clear he only hear's what he wants to hear there's no point in arguing with a brick wall.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We knew h4 had sprint before release... did you buy a copy of h4??

I don't like the lack of population ... I don't like how my friends list is off playing other games. I won't be standing in the midnight line unless I see real change, but I will probably buy it if the YouTube videos of people's gameplay look good.

If they make h5 a one shot game then I have no reason to buy it.

For me halo has become a social game and a level design hobby outlet.

Ya, sadly.

I've thought about this and assuming sprint and AA's stay why not make sprint an AA again?? That would make it super easy to take sprint out of competitive. It would also give you a button on the controller to map to something else like dual wielding or not needing the d-pad to change grenades. 

If I can't have sprint and AA's gone I think this would be the best compromise.

A familiar mechanic to many people

So in your opinion, should Halo players also have to aim down the sights like in every other FPS? Just for the sake of "familiar mechanics"?

I've thought about this and assuming sprint and AA's stay why not make sprint an AA again?? That would make it super easy to take sprint out of competitive. It would also give you a button on the controller to map to something else like dual wielding or not needing the d-pad to change grenades. 

If I can't have sprint and AA's gone I think this would be the best compromise.

It would basically be moving back to Reach for default Halo. Not sure how I feel about that. But it would still be better than H4.

A familiar mechanic to many people

Laughable...

Halo has NO visual similarities to COD, Battlefield, Titanfall, Killzone, Crysis, or any other ADS/sprint/pseudo-realistic shooter. The idea that sprint should be in Halo would be like suggesting that COD implement shields and Halo's headshot mechanics. 

The logic that making Halo as similar as possible to COD (through sprint) will result in more people playing is flawed at almost every step. 

1. COD is from a fundamentally different genre that is already over-saturated with clones. Making Halo like COD will destroy its identity and uniqueness.

2. If people wanted to play a game like COD, they would play COD or one of its many derivatives (most of which sell less than Halo).

3. Most COD fans are put off by the killtimes and aiming mechanics more-so than the lack of sprinting.

4. People like Halo because its Halo, a nice alternative from COD. The higher population of previous Halo games that also competed with COD attests directly to this.

5. People expect Spartans to be different than a normal shooter; the traditionally increased base-movement speed really makes you seem like a super-soldier who can run and shoot at the same time.

6. Remember that none of the so-called "Halo Killers" that tried to adapt to Halo's gameplay eventually toppled Halo as the primary multiplayer shooter

7. Halo sells because it has Halo in the title. No one will be put-off by it because it doesn't have sprint. However, poor gameplay multiplayer wise may contribute to a lowered population

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would basically be moving back to Reach for default Halo. Not sure how I feel about that. But it would still be better than H4.

It isn't my first choice, but i mean imagine no bloom no sprint BR starts on h2 and h3 type maps with dedicated servers and 60fps. Could be pretty fun. 

Laughable...

Halo has NO visual similarities to COD, Battlefield, Titanfall, Killzone, Crysis, or any other ADS/sprint/pseudo-realistic shooter. The idea that sprint should be in Halo would be like suggesting that COD implement shields and Halo's headshot mechanics. 

The logic that making Halo as similar as possible to COD (through sprint) will result in more people playing is flawed at almost every step. 

1. COD is from a fundamentally different genre that is already over-saturated with clones. Making Halo like COD will destroy its identity and uniqueness.

2. If people wanted to play a game like COD, they would play COD or one of its many derivatives (most of which sell less than Halo).

3. Most COD fans are put off by the killtimes and aiming mechanics more-so than the lack of sprinting.

4. People like Halo because its Halo, a nice alternative from COD. The higher population of previous Halo games that also competed with COD attests directly to this.

5. People expect Spartans to be different than a normal shooter; the traditionally increased base-movement speed really makes you seem like a super-soldier who can run and shoot at the same time.

6. Remember that none of the so-called "Halo Killers" that tried to adapt to Halo's gameplay eventually toppled Halo as the primary multiplayer shooter

7. Halo sells because it has Halo in the title. No one will be put-off by it because it doesn't have sprint. However, poor gameplay multiplayer wise may contribute to a lowered population

citizen_cane.gif

Halo MP should be blazing its own path, not following in the steps of any other game(especially any military shooter).

Not the best idea if you think about it.

You want that? That just makes sprint worse..

That would ruin Halo even more so than it is right now. The reason why you can shoot quickly after Sprinting in CoD is because of the quick kill times. If you implement that into Halo, it would further highlight the problems of having Sprint in Halo. It wouldn't punish players for using Sprint in a bad situation because they could just shoot straight away or God forbid, shoot whilst sprinting (if they did this in Halo, I would never buy a Halo game again).

On topic, no, I would not buy it if they still included Sprint, reason being is that it would be confirmed that they don't "get it" which means there would be multiple other issues with the game.

They're not going to make the perfect game but keep Sprint.

It's either going to be like Halo Reach/Halo 4 or CE-H3, nothing inbetween. 

-.- Sorry I should have made the sarcasm more apparent. I put that =P face at the end because I was joking. I actually like halo pre reach / 4  better. I wouldnt want a OP sprint in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It had Descope, in game ranks, social and ranked playlists, more competitive maps, 20% less aim assist, an improved forge, and a spectator mode? Other than this it would be like H4 but with better graphics, 60 FPS, and dedicated servers. It would still have sprint though. I believe that 343 can do all this if they really try but I do not think that sprint is leaving H5 for numerous reasons. Do you think that this would be a competitive game. Why or why not? Would it be at least better than Reach an 4 (And I love 4). Is sprint the decider for you? I personally think that descope is more important than sprint.

It would a whole lot more than just that to make me not only buy another Halo game, but also the next gen console.