joshchief117

Halo 4 FFA Tips

I have recently started playing rumble pit and have leveled up my CSR to 14 (Now 12 because of some bad games). I know the basic tips like power weapon/power up control, interrupting 1v1s instead of starting them, not chasing kills, knowing when and how to escape, and controlling a place full of traffic that I can control. My shot is decent and my strafe consists of side to side with a jump when me and/or the opponent needs one last shot. I also make OK decisions. Is there some beastly MLG pro tip that could help me? And what are some good strats for specific maps like Haven, Abandon, Skyline, Adrift, Solace, and Simplex. Please help

probably the best thing you can do is stay alive, and play smart. Little things like knowing where players are in realtion to you score wise so that if you know you are going to die you dont feed kills to a certain person, etc. but for the most part if you make smart decisions and use the map to your advantage you'll be a good player even without having the best shot.

probably the best thing you can do is stay alive, and play smart. Little things like knowing where players are in realtion to you score wise so that if you know you are going to die you dont feed kills to a certain person, etc. but for the most part if you make smart decisions and use the map to your advantage you'll be a good player even without having the best shot.

Thanks

Funny

Serious though, focus on putting shots in. Strafes happen but its not like you can pull off anything too impressive with the h4 mechanics. 

Better off wall glitching and crouch strafing if you're trying to pull off a balls deep challenge 

Serious though, focus on putting shots in. Strafes happen but its not like you can pull off anything too impressive with the h4 mechanics. 

Better off wall glitching and crouch strafing if you're trying to pull off a balls deep challenge 

If you play against decent players they will strafe and hit their shots.

Best advice I can give you is don't challenge me if I'm in your game :gandhi:

I am a very passive player which makes be go positive in FFA games but lose. I am somewhat cocky (I should not be) about my shot

I am a very passive player which makes be go positive in FFA games but lose. I am somewhat cocky (I should not be) about my shot

Well I'm a very aggressive player, that is very confident in my shot and decision making.

The real top players know the spawns, so they will be in a position to get a quick kill if you spawn in their trap. For example, there is a spawn bottom Gold on Onyx that can easily be spawn killed from either of the ramps leading into the bases.

A few things:

• Understand the spawns on the FFA variants of each map. On Onyx, you can spawn kill people who spawn the bubbles from on top of the bases.
  • You can chase kills. Just be aware of your position and your radar to make sure you're not throwing yourself in a bad position
  • Practice, practice, practice your grenades! Find new grenades. Walk around the map and see if you can place them in common control points from anywhere on the map.
  • Crouch liberally, but don't do it in a way that will get you caught with your pants down - good FFA players will make heavy use of their radar and getting the jump on people is crucial.
  • Learn lots of nifty jumps on maps. For example, you can spring jump from bottom green/bottom gold to the arms on the side of each base on Onyx to quickly get out of a bad spawn.
  • Keep your shields up when you can - be in the mindset that someone is always waiting to clean you up. While you're fighting one person, try to be aware of any people on the radar that are creeping up on your battle. Think about how you're gonna deal with him when he comes up to you and you're half shields or 1 shot. Hint: Find a place to stall for time so your shields come up and prepare to grenade.
  • Scope liberally, but remember that you need to keep checking your radar - The BR is super accurate over most ranges on FFA maps and you can usually 4-5 shot people across map if you become consistent enough
  • Use the hologram armor ability! Like I said earlier, FFA players rely on the radar. Use it to make people think that you're running away or coming to challenge them. Use it to stall for time for your shields to come up or for them to look away for one second so you can have the jump on them (yes, even when you're low on shields)

Save your vote for the last second and if Regicide is winning the vote, back out.

If you don't, get ready for 343's "redefined Halo experience".

On a different note, if you want to get good at actual FFA, give H3 Lone Wolves a chance instead. It's popular at all levels. I'll give you all the tips you could ever ask for, because there's more to it than fortunate spawns and jumping people having battles as there's no individual skill gap in H4.

Save your vote for the last second and if Regicide is winning the vote, back out.

On a different note, if you want to get good at actual FFA, give H3 Lone Wolves a chance instead. It's popular at all levels. I'll give you all the tips you could ever ask for, because there's more to it than fortunate spawns and jumping people having battles as there's no individual skill gap in H4.

I wish I knew how to make my reticle do what I want in H3, it would make that game much more enjoyable.

I played a couple of games and only lost one. I am currently a 6. But as I sad sprint is here to stay so I am learning H4's. I do play Halo 3 when I feel like H4 is trolling me though.

A few things:

• Understand the spawns on the FFA variants of each map. On Onyx, you can spawn kill people who spawn the bubbles from on top of the bases.
  • You can chase kills. Just be aware of your position and your radar to make sure you're not throwing yourself in a bad position
  • Practice, practice, practice your grenades! Find new grenades. Walk around the map and see if you can place them in common control points from anywhere on the map.
  • Crouch liberally, but don't do it in a way that will get you caught with your pants down - good FFA players will make heavy use of their radar and getting the jump on people is crucial.
  • Learn lots of nifty jumps on maps. For example, you can spring jump from bottom green/bottom gold to the arms on the side of each base on Onyx to quickly get out of a bad spawn.
  • Keep your shields up when you can - be in the mindset that someone is always waiting to clean you up. While you're fighting one person, try to be aware of any people on the radar that are creeping up on your battle. Think about how you're gonna deal with him when he comes up to you and you're half shields or 1 shot. Hint: Find a place to stall for time so your shields come up and prepare to grenade.
  • Scope liberally, but remember that you need to keep checking your radar - The BR is super accurate over most ranges on FFA maps and you can usually 4-5 shot people across map if you become consistent enough
  • Use the hologram armor ability! Like I said earlier, FFA players rely on the radar. Use it to make people think that you're running away or coming to challenge them. Use it to stall for time for your shields to come up or for them to look away for one second so you can have the jump on them (yes, even when you're low on shields)

Thanks and I will certainly try the Halogram

The real top players know the spawns, so they will be in a position to get a quick kill if you spawn in their trap. For example, there is a spawn bottom Gold on Onyx that can easily be spawn killed from either of the ramps leading into the bases.

Thanks

Kill everyone you see, just like, kill em all man. 

Oh, and don't get dead yourself. Importants that you don't get dead. Bad things is being dead. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Kill everyone you see, just like, kill em all man. 

Oh, and don't get dead yourself. Importants that you don't get dead. Bad things is being dead. 

Slayer in s nutshell huh?

If you play against decent players they will strafe and hit their shots.

Thats my point. Jesus, its not a particularly difficult concept. 

The thing is if you hit the first shot all you have to do is not miss, match their strafe and focus on your shots. "good strafes" arent really a thing in Halo 4 and when they are they more just look impressive. Halo 4 is about positioning and awareness, get the first shot, dont miss and then move on. YOU SEE? dont tell me about good players when you're trying to get a 50 in rumble pit.