joshchief117

Trying to get a 50 in Infinity slayer

I am a fairly decent player by casual standards and am trying to get my first halo 4 50! Realistically the only playlists that I have a shot in are Team slayer and Big Team. I want a 50 that means something so I am not trying for Action Sack or Flood. I am currently a 12 in the playlist and with some work could probably reach 25 and with some time 30. If I get the 50 before Halo 5 I will try in a different playlist (probably Big Team). Can I get some tips from those of you you have high CSR's and 50's. I already know to and how to avoid JIP. By he way what 50's do you have if any?

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you are only going for the CSR 50 and not for wins in the playlist - Search solo and try to stat sadly this is the best way to rank up in H4 - playing with equal skilled players will make it harder for you to rank up .

I have 7 CSR 50s I think / They are not the same as good old 1-50 -SMH-

• Upvote (+1) 2

Search solo, or with a bad friend. Kind of a shame, but that's how you get your CSR up in H4.

It's much more satisfying getting a H3 50 then a H4 CSR 50, which isn't even visible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me BTB was the easiest to get a 50 in. With the larger team size I felt it allowed me to get a lot of kills even if I had a few bad teammates whereas in Infinity Slayer if I had bad teammates I would get destroyed by the other team with them. BTB also seems to attract a more 'casual' crowd than Team Slayer and this will also probably make it easier for you. Because the playlist is individually ranked you have to play selfishly and try and beat your own teammates kill wise instead of simply going for the win. However I got my first 50 right when CSR was released and this meant for the first week I was still matching bad players and ranking up quickly, I'm guessing it will be much harder now.

I hope this somewhat helped and GL with the 50!

EDIT: Also as others have said, always search solo.

Learn to steal kills, put shots in to every opponent you see because any damage counts as an assist. Best thing I know to tell you. I've got my CSR 50 in Rumble Pit. A 48 in Team Slayer, and a 47 in BTB. But like others said its nothing like grinding for a H3 50. And nowhere near as hard as the H2 system.

If you are only going for the CSR 50 and not for wins in the playlist - Search solo and try to stat sadly this is the best way to rank up in H4 - playing with equal skilled players will make it harder for you to rank up .

I have 7 CSR 50s I think / They are not the same as good old 1-50 -SMH-

Yes that just happened

Besides taking my evidence/ you should just play with some friends and just keep playing and you will get out over time + It's more fun to play for the win vs playing for yourself

• Upvote (+1) 1

Learn to steal kills, put shots in to every opponent you see because any damage counts as an assist. Best thing I know to tell you. I've got my CSR 50 in Rumble Pit. A 48 in Team Slayer, and a 47 in BTB. But like others said its nothing like grinding for a H3 50. And nowhere near as hard as the H2 system.

This is the reason why I hate CSR so much. You have to play ultra aggressive to get anywhere and you get punished if you play a support kind of role. Unless it's changed, you don't lose anything for dying, which I think sucks. I remember a game where someone who went 16-20 got a higher CRS rating than me that went 15-6.... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the reason why I hate CSR so much. You have to play ultra aggressive to get anywhere and you get punished if you play a support kind of role. Unless it's changed, you don't lose anything for dying, which I think sucks. I remember a game where someone who went 16-20 got a higher CRS rating than me the went 15-6....

This system is truly broken when you rank up faster playing without people of similar skill .

Might even be the wosrt Halo has seen .

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best way to level up is to play by yourself or with 1 other person.

The whole Individual CSR system is stupid and needs to go, it should always go by wins and not how well you perform each game.

I want a 50 that means something

Then you're playing the wrong game entirely. And TTD is the only 50 that means anything in H4.

I'm going to start off by saying I hate the way to rank up in infinity, I think it's wrong, but your rank in infinity is determined by your score. That means going 20-15 will rank you up better than going 10-5. So aggressive statting play is the way to do it. As an fyi Big Team is easier to get a 50 in. I personally would suggest a BR/LR loadout. You still get in a fair amount of close battles in big team so the br will beat the dmr's in big team then when you have a power position light rifle from range. Again, aggressive play and points are what you want.

I'm going to start off by saying I hate the way to rank up in infinity, I think it's wrong, but your rank in infinity is determined by your score. That means going 20-15 will rank you up better than going 10-5. So aggressive statting play is the way to do it. As an fyi Big Team is easier to get a 50 in. I personally would suggest a BR/LR loadout. You still get in a fair amount of close battles in big team so the br will beat the dmr's in big team then when you have a power position light rifle from range. Again, aggressive play and points are what you want.

Thanks but the reason that I am doing team slayer first is that I enjoy it a little more. I am hoping to get a 50 in both before H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then you're playing the wrong game entirely. And TTD is the only 50 that means anything in H4.

It certainly is the hardest playlist to do it in and it is debatable whether it is the only one. I personally think any 50 is valuable because it means that you are in the top skill range of players in that playlist. 

The whole Individual CSR system is stupid and needs to go, it should always go by wins and not how well you perform each game.

That is how I am going to do it. Thanks

For me BTB was the easiest to get a 50 in. With the larger team size I felt it allowed me to get a lot of kills even if I had a few bad teammates whereas in Infinity Slayer if I had bad teammates I would get destroyed by the other team with them. BTB also seems to attract a more 'casual' crowd than Team Slayer and this will also probably make it easier for you. Because the playlist is individually ranked you have to play selfishly and try and beat your own teammates kill wise instead of simply going for the win. However I got my first 50 right when CSR was released and this meant for the first week I was still matching bad players and ranking up quickly, I'm guessing it will be much harder now.

I hope this somewhat helped and GL with the 50!

EDIT: Also as others have said, always search solo.

Thanks I hope to get a 50 in both playlist before H5

What if you search solo and get bad teammates? I just think that deaths should be taken into consideration and that if you got someone down to no shields and it was stolen it should count higher than a normal assist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This system is truly broken when you rank up faster playing without people of similar skill .

Might even be the wosrt Halo has seen .

What about Reach?

If I was you I would try to get those 50s in team slayer and Big team. You are so close

This is the reason why I hate CSR so much. You have to play ultra aggressive to get anywhere and you get punished if you play a support kind of role. Unless it's changed, you don't lose anything for dying, which I think sucks. I remember a game where someone who went 16-20 got a higher CRS rating than me that went 15-6.... 

Deaths should definitely be taken int account because what is the point of getting so many kills if you help the other team more by dying so much? 

Yes that just happened

Besides taking my evidence/ you should just play with some friends and just keep playing and you will get out over time + It's more fun to play for the win vs playing for yourself

The three people I used to play halo with do not play anymore. One went to COD(which I play occasionally), one went to pc, and the other 2 play a variety of different games now.

What if you search solo and get bad teammates? I just think that deaths should be taken into consideration and that if you got someone down to no shields and it was stolen it should count higher than a normal assist.

If you get stuck with bad teammates then the only thing that can really affect you is how good the other team is. If the other team is searching in 4's and they're good you're pretty much SOL cause your teammates are probably gonna get destroyed and won't be helping you out so much in getting kills, just play the best you can. But if the other team isn't all that great, you have a good chance of getting the most kills on you're team and out performing everyone on the other team win or lose.

If I was you I would try to get those 50s in team slayer and Big team. You are so close

I play on both occasionally and they are both going up, but I can't grind H4 like old Halos, cause you know it sucks.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Use Drop Recon to whore all the overshields on any map with an OS.  Abandon and Adrift both spawn them every 90 seconds, and Dispatch and Simplex both have a 2 minute OS, meaning they come into play a lot.  Each one is like a free kill or two.  You could time it and save that slot for something else, but Drop Recon makes it a no brainer and you'll always be able to contest OS, often getting it completely uncontested.

On maps without it, I wouldn't recommend using Drop Recon anymore, but make sure you're timing the most important item.  On Solace, that is without a doubt the Fuel Rod Cannon.  On Haven its probably the Snipe if you're decent with it and know how to position yourself so that you can stay alive with it.  Go into theater, watch when the weapon is picked up and note the time remaining, and then fast forward while looking at the weapon respawn area until it spawns, and note the time again.  I think the Fuel Rod is 3 minutes after pickup, for example.  Do this to learn when all the important stuff spawns.

The most important thing I can tell you is not to be alone unless you're flanking.  You always want to play off a teammate.  You'll do twice as much damage and keep each other alive, and worst case you'll get an assist.  Don't just be running around alone, doing your own thing, or you'll get ganged on and destroyed.  Every move you make should be based on what your teammates are doing, or if a weapon or OS is about to spawn.  Just know where your teammates are.

• Upvote (+1) 1