CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

My god, that was pretty impressive. 343 have got their work cut out. I don't even play COD whatsoever and that presentation has me sold on Ghosts. :o

What is cross gen?!?! And will Mlg be running this game current gen or next gen?

Xbox One users can't play with Xbox 360 users if that's what you mean. 

Seeing how 343 copied everything from Call of Duty i think Halo 5 will have a esports component in it! ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Xbox One users can't play with Xbox 360 users if that's what you mean. 

Quite the opposite, in the reveal the CEO just said that it supported cross console play, so you can play with 360 players and One players

I remember a mention of on map care packages, wouldn't that be somewhat similar to power weapons? 

HALO WILL RISE AGAIN #VIRGINGAMING

Quite the opposite, in the reveal the CEO just said that it supported cross console play, so you can play with 360 players and One players

He didn't say that. Your DLC will carry over and clan stuff will. You can't play cross platform. 

He didn't say that. Your DLC will carry over and clan stuff will. You can't play cross platform. 

hmmm... not sure about that one. Im pretty sure he said it, but oh well I will just have to watch again.  I remember what you are talking about when they were going over the carrying over of your info and xp - but im almost certain he mentioned that it was cross platform 360/One cause of the same servers being used for xbox live

hmmm... not sure about that one. Im pretty sure he said it, but oh well I will just have to watch again.  I remember wheat you are talking about when they were going over the carrying over of your info and xp - but im almost certain he mentioned that it was cross platform 360/One cause of the same servers being used for xbox live

Feel free to correct me on it :D As far as I know, no cross platform will exist at all for 360/One on any game. 

Did they mention dedicated servers? They better update that netcode hella proper and make it legit cuz the walmart connections on a more demanding console will make me wanna pull my hair out even more. Gun fights in Blops2 feel like rollin dice and I have an epic connection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Feel free to correct me on it :D As far as I know, no cross platform will exist at all for 360/One on any game. 

Its all good man, rationally thinking about it, im pretty sure that it wouldnt make sense if you couldnt play 360/One.  They def are not going to have two separate servers for the same xbox live. I doubt they create a whole new xbox live just for the One version.  But oh well.. we shall see. 

Also, on their end, I think they are smart enough to keep everyone playing together.

Did they mention dedicated servers? They better update that netcode hella proper and make it legit cuz the walmart connections on a more demanding console will make me wanna pull my hair out even more. Gun fights in Blops2 feel like rollin dice and I have an epic connection.

From what I know, Xbox One will have dedicated servers.  I read that in the xbox magazine article detailing the release of the One. 

So based where I can get out of this is that everything you get is a package of holy shit.

I might have to rewatch everything again to analyze the whole thing.

Knee slide - Taken from Crysis

tilt peeking while shooting- something PC has had for awhile.

jumping over objects n see the actual movement from the body - Battlefield

Map Design - Looks like MW3 again which I really hated. Still prefered Treyarch's Map design layout.

Whole thing reeks of MW3.

Esport - Thats good for CoD on MLG but not good for Halo then again Halo 5 doesnt get released til Holiday 2014.

no CoDCast? Uh-oh.

From what I know, Xbox One will have dedicated servers.  I read that in the xbox magazine article detailing the release of the One. 

I thought it was up to the Devs on whether or not to use them though. Still confused on how the DS are working for Xbone, but I know I like it either way. 

So based where I can get out of this is that everything you get is a package of holy shit.

I might have to rewatch everything again to analyze the whole thing.

Knee slide - Taken from Crysis

tilt peeking while shooting- something PC has had for awhile.

jumping over objects n see the actual movement from the body - Battlefield

Map Design - Looks like MW3 again which I really hated. Still prefered Treyarch's Map design layout.

Whole thing reeks of MW3.

Esport - Thats good for CoD on MLG but not good for Halo then again Halo 5 doesnt get released til Holiday 2014.

no CoDCast? Uh-oh.

And H4 didnt just rip off a bunch of other games as well?  Including COD?

Im all for being a Halo fan boy, because I am one - but dang.  At least COD sticks with what works and listens to their community.

and as far as CodCast and such, they did say that the support of Esports will have more information revealed closer to launch. 

Well hopefully 343 is watching this and is taking notes on the fact that COD Ghosts is going to have clan matches, spectator mode, and E-sports support. 

Now there are questions that remain...

Does Xbox 360 also get first DLCs being a Xbox platform or they still planning to keeping DLC comes out first Xbox one

Will current generation run host migration still and not dedicated servers?

How is the Health system in this game like? I hope its nothing like MW3 really.

Now there are questions that remain...

Does Xbox 360 also get first DLCs being a Xbox platform or they still planning to keeping DLC comes out first Xbox one

Will current generation run host migration still and not dedicated servers?

How is the Health system in this game like? I hope its nothing like MW3 really.

DLC is for both 360 and Xbox One - hence why you can pre order the DLC when you purchase your 360 version of the game on Nov 5th.

The other two questions, I guess we have to wait and see. 

In terms of the competitive scene, I agree.

But as a fan of games in general, I definitely see having a couple friends on here and having some fun. I don't always like playing Halo 4 because sometimes I just want to relax. 

I feel you. Sometimes I hop on Black Ops 2 and play league play(may way of relaxing) or pub stomping to clear my head from Halo

I think its safe to say there have been enough embarrassing moments on both the COD and Halo side when it comes to trash talking.  Regardless - I LOVE IT!

And just a side note - Was that coach wearing a Pea Coat and a tie and throwing up the Hov sign with his hands? 

That was pretty lame... ill say it - dude looked like an ass.

I can just picture Frank O'Connor and David Ellis sitting at the 343 office now thinking about how best to reply to the cod reveal when they finally release info on the next Halo.

Announcing re-focus on Halo lore, Spartan Ooops 2, Killstreak's like Covenant Air-strike's, Crawlers (Attack Dogs) maybe Promethean claymores, Join In Progress 2.0, no clan support, ranks only visible in Spartan Ooops 2.0 if you pre-order Spartan Ooops 3.0, 4 shot DMR, 19 shot BR, 6 shot beat down.

I'm joking obviously, but I really hope some eyes from 343 were glued to this cod reveal as it showed how to demo a games MP, instead of focussing on the lore all the time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We all knew Halo 4 would never be on the MLG circuit. With the current state of Halo, I can see some pros jumping ship. You can't hold it against them. AGL made a few mistakes and Halo had no room for error. I'm sure the pros will give Halo 5 a chance upon release. Oh well. GG Halo 4.