CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

I think would be the greatest time to bring back THE team name.

250px-FinalBoss_logo_svg(1).png

Hell no, Final Boss belongs to Halo. Ogre 2 wouldn't disgrace the name like that. Last thing we need is cod kids saying they beat Final Boss.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ogre 2 is a fps GOD to me, and now I have a reason to watch this game they call Cod.

On a more serious note: I wonder if Ogre2 is working on getting qualifications for his life after being a gamer, he can't keep on doing this into his 30s...

Ogre 2 is a fps GOD to me, and now I have a reason to watch this game they call Cod.

On a more serious note: I wonder if Ogre2 is working on getting qualifications for his life after being a gamer, he can't keep on doing this into his 30s...

He's been going to Ohio State the past few years, not sure what his degree is but I know he's been in school for a while now.

He's been going to Ohio State the past few years, not sure what his degree is but I know he's been in school for a while now.

I had brought up a similar question, I know he's been going to OSU but why not just turn gaming into your career like Fwiz, or even TSquared. Obviously different scenarios but he's been in the scene so long, he has something to bring to these companies.

Anyway, I hope this team performs well. If they stick with it, these Halo pros could really make a name for themselves in the CoD scene. 

Hell no, Final Boss belongs to Halo. Ogre 2 wouldn't disgrace the name like that. Last thing we need is cod kids saying they beat Final Boss.

This feels like a really bad joke. Ola and Snipedown have no CoD experience. 2gre has been around the CoD scene longer than most of the other Halo pros and has yet to see any real form of success. I have no idea about Royal 2 or whether he would actually show up to an event after flaking out on multiple Halo ones. And now they are actually going to tarnish the name Final Boss in the CoD scene? Its really disappointing. 

People think Formal, Enable, Sbite and Ace just starting playing CoD. Yes they didn't have years of experience, but they have been playing a fair amount since mid way through Black Ops 2. It will take months for the potential of Ola and Snipedown being decent for an MLG event. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had brought up a similar question, I know he's been going to OSU but why not just turn gaming into your career like Fwiz, or even TSquared. Obviously different scenarios but he's been in the scene so long, he has something to bring to these companies.

Anyway, I hope this team performs well. If they stick with it, these Halo pros could really make a name for themselves in the CoD scene. 

Ogre 2, well both him and Ogre 1, have never really been ones to market themselves. Imagine if they marketed themselves like T2 and Walshy back in the glory days of MLG? They would have been absolutely massive stars. Some people just don't enjoy the fame and being always in the spotlight I guess - which is understandable but I agree that both the Ogres could have done a lot more with themselves in terms of marketing and "fame" like Walshy and T2 - but to each their own of course

This feels like a really bad joke. Ola and Snipedown have no CoD experience. 2gre has been around the CoD scene longer than most of the other Halo pros and has yet to see any real form of success. I have no idea about Royal 2 or whether he would actually show up to an event after flaking out on multiple Halo ones. And now they are actually going to tarnish the name Final Boss in the CoD scene? Its really disappointing. 

People think Formal, Enable, Sbite and Ace just starting playing CoD. Yes they didn't have years of experience, but they have been playing a fair amount since mid way through Black Ops 2. It will take months for the potential of Ola and Snipedown being decent for an MLG event. 

I dont really know what to say, risking the name of statistically the best FPS team in history on an untested squad in a new game? I am dissapointed as a long-time FB fan  :(

Papa   :walshy: should BxR Ogre 2 across the face for this outrage!

I dont really know what to say, risking the name of statistically the best FPS team in history on an untested squad in a new game? I am dissapointed as a long-time FB fan  :(

Papa   :walshy: should BxR Ogre 2 across the face for this outrage!

http://www.twitch.tv/royal_2

"Final Boss" was on stream. Played vs Lethul, SBite, Maniac, and Lifestyle

They may be halo God's but they were getting absolutely stomped by formal, lifestyle, lethul, and snakebite. Snakebite alone was ripping them to shreds.

Well it happened.

The next non invite event that we know is June at the earliest.

There's a ton of online tourneys, and ways to practice in CoD.

Ola and Eric have been there before, they know what it takes. I don't see it taking them too long, this game is pretty straight forward. 2gre wouldn't use FB if he wasn't going to take it super serious.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I dont really know what to say, risking the name of statistically the best FPS team in history 

There have been much more dominant teams in other FPS's.  Just say Halo and avoid looking ignorant.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There have been much more dominant teams in other FPS's.  Just say Halo and avoid looking ignorant.

They were easily top 2 most dominant, if were going to count NiP's current dominance in CS:GO let's be honest, the level of competition in CSGO isn't exactly stratospheric compared to previous CS games. Its kind of like when Ambush was dominating AGL's its not the same as dominating in the "Golden era".  While Final Boss were dominant in an era when Halo was massive and at the forefront of American e-sports and on national television for awhile in H2 .Additionally, while NiP may have had a longer winning streak in terms of LAN wins in CS:GO, FB were near the top for a very long time. They didn't place outside of top 2 for over four years, winning ~25 major events and coming second at ~5. 17 out of 18 MLG events streak as well, nobody has anyone near that streak in MLG. I can say for certain the best NA FPS team ever and since Im American and MLG is huge here that is what is relevant to me. I understand how its different for every series but I see FB as the best.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Team 3D was very dominant in CS 1.6.  If you're going to talk about competition CPL was far more competitive than MLG.  CPL had the best teams in the WORLD compete in an invite only tournament not a tournament where anyone with $250 could join.  Before Team 3D there was the original NiP who dominated CS and turned into SK where they dominated longer.  Also, don't forgot the numerous seasons of Cal-i that Team 3D won.

Anyway, it is a shame to see them use FB as it's quite obvious that for at least the next few months they won't be good.  Once Snipedown and Pistola learn the game I think 2gre might be their weakest link.  I have not seen him do well at any CoD tourney.  Also, in watching the scrims, Diesel needs to learn the game more.  I know he coached Primal but listening to him on stream he was giving ola a lot of wrong information.

Team 3D was very dominant in CS 1.6.  If you're going to talk about competition CPL was far more competitive than MLG.  CPL had the best teams in the WORLD compete in an invite only tournament not a tournament where anyone with $250 could join.  Before Team 3D there was the original NiP who dominated CS and turned into SK where they dominated longer.

Yeah and where is CPL now? Please, CPL focused on a wider variety of games that have a bigger international comp audience but saying "its far more competitive than MLG" is a joke. They still owe Ogre 2 money last time I checked. I know there are some legendary CS 1.6/CSS teams but FB was just as dominant if not more in Halo and MLG than those teams were.

It's a joke because they had the best teams in the world not just the U.S?  Plus it was a PC shooter no auto aim.  In 4 years CPL grew into a worldwide organization with qualifiers in several countries.  CPL died because the owners/operators were tired of running it and the people who bought it moved it to China.  I don't see MLG having a world tour...

It's a joke because they had the best teams in the world not just the U.S?  Plus it was a PC shooter no auto aim.  In 4 years CPL grew into a worldwide organization with qualifiers in several countries.  CPL died because the owners/operators were tired of running it and the people who bought it moved it to China.  I don't see MLG having a world tour...

You know very well as I do that no foreign Halo team could contest with the top American teams, in the U.S. Halo is on a different level than other countries(probably due to console gaming being more popular in NA than other countries). PC or console it dont matter, skill is skill. I played alot of UT and RS back in the day(Rogue spear was one of my first comp FPS) so dont think im biased. FB would 100-0 any PC team that tried to play Halo just as they would if they played CS. MLG broadcasts to like 40+different countries and does attract the international audience now. Just because they dont have events in different countries does not mean they dont have an international following.

Your analogy is whack.  Not saying FB wasn't one of the best FPS teams they just weren't THE best. And MLG doesn't broadcast anywhere it's a website.

Your analogy is whack.  Not saying FB wasn't one of the best FPS teams they just weren't THE best. And MLG doesn't broadcast anywhere it's a website.

We can agree to disagree then, there is no clear "best FPS team ever" and its different for every series but I do see FB as the best and its proven by statistics.