CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

Primals run proves how broken and bad Ghosts is. 

Or it proves that elite players from a more skill-heavy game can pick up a brand-new game really quickly and compete when everyone is on equal footing.

Think about it; the Gun-Skill is already there.  Even Monster who was never a top Halo Pro has nasty Gun-Skill in COD.  It all comes down to learning the mechanics of the game types, and again, elite Halo Pro's can do that as well.  They even have the added bonus of extensive experience in pressure situations, playing on Main Stage, etc.

Does this mean Primal are guaranteed Top 16? By the looks of things, they would most be likely playing coL tomorrow since they were in the top half of the bracket.

hah what? how does it prove how broken and bad ghosts is? It proves that they have an innate ability to learn a game quickly and capitalized on that ability. 

I agree they did practice hard and often, but cmon. CoD is for most intents and purposes the same from a gameplay perspective every year since MW2. They beat teams who have been playing this game for many years. CoD teams didn't even place in championship bracket for Halo 4 and the ones that participated grinded super hard for it and Halo 4 is broken as hell. If you don't think Ghosts is pretty broken I have literally nothing else to say and nothing I say will convince you.

Or it proves that elite players from a more skill-heavy game can pick up a brand-new game really quickly and compete when everyone is on equal footing.

Think about it; the Gun-Skill is already there.  Even Monster who was never a top Halo Pro has nasty Gun-Skill in COD.  It all comes down to learning the mechanics of the game types, and again, elite Halo Pro's can do that as well.  They even have the added bonus of extensive experience in pressure situations, playing on Main Stage, etc.

Or that too. Or it could be both. Who knows.

Does this mean Primal are guaranteed Top 16? By the looks of things, they would most be likely playing coL tomorrow since they were in the top half of the bracket.

Someone before said they are guaranteed top 24.

I agree they did practice hard and often, but cmon. CoD is for most intents and purposes the same from a gameplay perspective every year since MW2. They beat teams who have been playing this game for many years. CoD teams didn't even place in championship bracket for Halo 4 and the ones that participated grinded super hard for it and Halo 4 is broken as hell. If you don't think Ghosts is pretty broken I have literally nothing else to say and nothing I say will convince you.

While Ghosts definitely has its flaws, Primal was able to take advantage of a gametype like Blitz which is new to CoD. Ace pulled a crazy play faking a player out with a smoke grenade and then flanking around for a dive in - game deciding- score. Its the new things where they aren't years behind in experience that works in their favor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree they did practice hard and often, but cmon. CoD is for most intents and purposes the same from a gameplay perspective every year since MW2. They beat teams who have been playing this game for many years

Crimsix took an entire year+ away from COD and by the 3-quarter mark of his first season back he was already a Top 5 player in BO2.  By the end of the game he was getting hype as arguably the best player in the game.  The game is not hard to get good at fast.  By all logic Crimsix should have been well behind other top Pro's who were grinding COD while he was playing Reach.  That obviously wasn't the case.

Call Of Duty really does not take anywhere near as much individual skill as Halo.  That is why it should be no surprise that these Elite Halo players can become really good really fast at the game.  Dont forget that all of the players on Primal were grinding BO2 at one point as well.

They play OpTic im pretty sure.

They said it during formal's interview.

Every single player on Primal had insane shots in Halo which makes the transfer to CoD not too difficult. What stands out the most is that this is team full of champions and players who play even better under pressure situations. TP has the gun skill, but their only flaw was that not everyone on that team can handle the pressure situations well. Congrats to Primal.

Hey hey, who cares. Lets talk about how this proves Halo kids can adapt to new games. Considering we have been adapting since Halo 2-Halo 4, where as CoD kids haven't adapted since....never.

Crimsix took an entire year+ away from COD and by the 3-quarter mark of his first season back he was already a Top 5 player in BO2.  By the end of the game he was getting hype as arguably the best player in the game.

Call Of Duty really does not take anywhere near as much individual skill as Halo.  That is why it should be no surprise that these Elite Halo players can become really good really fast at the game.  Dont forget that all of the players on Primal were grinding BO2 at one point as well.

Sorry, quoted the wrong person, but I kinda agree with you.

Hey hey, who cares. Lets talk about how this proves Halo kids can adapt to new games. Considering we have been adapting since Halo 2-Halo 4, where as CoD kids haven't adapted since....never.

SO fucking Damn true, i just realized that lol

They play OpTic im pretty sure.

They said it during formal's interview.

Oh alright, in that case, this is Primal's best shot at advancing further. Optic is the weakest out of the 4 top seeded pro teams, imo.

what do you mean they havent adapted?

If Primal beats Optic, would the CoD world implode? I know the older, hardcore CoD fans aren't fans of Optic...but there are soooo many little Optic fans.

I never got why people give Optic crap, always been pretty respectful, grind content constantly, and even competed in Halo for a event or two when CoD wasn't on the circuit. I get that some of their fans are young, but can't really hate them (Optic) for that.

Should be quite a match tomorrow, can't wait.

If they really are playing Optic then there is honestly a real chance of a HUGE upset there.  Optic is extremely vulnerable right now and they have not looked good at all in the past few days of scrims.

It would also set up the Flamesword vs Halo Kids, and more specifically, Flamesword vs Enable, Ace, and Snake Bite who he has won events with storyline.

• Upvote (+1) 3

what do you mean they havent adapted?

Basically, Halo kids were ready ready for Call of Duty before Call of Duty was ready for Halo kids

• Upvote (+1) 2