CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

An evolution to noobtastic boringness. The game just went all down hill and seemed like it was all about sales instead of game play. 

Eh, I never regarded COD 4 as a really amazing competitive shooter. I saw the imperfections in the game and didn't appreciate as much as others did. Sure, COD became a more approachable game with some changes, even more nooby. I guarantee you though that a group of pros or high tier pub kids won't lose ever to a lesser skilled group or randoms when everyone is playing hard. That's the one thing that I personally liked and appreciated about COD as it progressed. My party wouldn't lose to BS. When we lost, it's because it was a horrible connection or the other team was just better than us. Host didn't and doesn't guarantee a win, and almost every class or setup has a counter. 

COD has evolved into a shooter that is fun to play, but it's not stressfully competitive. It's a fun, enjoyable, fast paced shooter that I really enjoy. I don't play COD to get my competitive itch scratched and I guess if that's what you're looking for in COD, COD 4 was probably your last enjoyable COD. I just like to sit back and shoot some kids and talk some trash. That's pretty much what COD has become for so many people, a casual shooter you can play with your friends and it's fun. 

I just don't find the game fun at all, gets really boring, really fast. Pubs are filled with tac inserts, bouncing bettys, claymores, RPG, lame classes, to me personally it makes the game no fun. I like simple games, where the person with the better gun skill, tactics, and smarts will win. CoD is just too nooby, the last shooter that I actually really enjoyed was Socom 2 and that game came out in 2003. I played it until about 2005/6 it was an amazing shooter. 

To each his own. Just about everything in Black Ops 2 has a counter perk or setup for it. Run an EMP class for excessive Tac Inserts/equipment users. Hell, I ran EMP most of the way to 10th for mostly this reason. Kids complained more about my EMPs than I did about their equipment usuage. Throw on Flak and you pretty much need a direct impact RPG to be killed. Bouncing Bettys can be thwarted every time if you have your headset on, just crouch when you hear the activation and you'll live unless the betty is angled. To me, Black Ops 2 is one of the more balanced COD's and you can see the progression in map improvements and perk balancing over the series. Either way, I enjoyed each COD flaws and all because I knew how to either counter the worst of class setups or at the least, match them. I would always have a couple classes dedicated to the annoying OP perks/abusive setups that I could fall back on in pubs to deal with those kind of players. Otherwise I was working on a weapon to level up. I personally found and still do find the joy in playing easily accessible COD. I also enjoy the idiotic trash talking in COD due to my exposure to Halo 2 and proximity chat. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I easily had the most fun with CoD4, including the competitive side.

Still play a bit on PC since the Xbox version is full of hackers  :(

As Cyren said a lot of the halo community didn't really get to experience the real 'Cod4' era because of the release of halo 3, it was just amazing, I had so much fun on that game, once MW2 was released I quit playing because of how disappointed I was.

You don't get Cod montages like this anymore....

• Upvote (+1) 2

I also didn't play COD4 because of H3. I played the shit out of MW2 and had a blast running around with a sniper. 

WaW zombies was the best I think.

As Cyren said a lot of the halo community didn't really get to experience the real 'Cod4' era because of the release of halo 3, it was just amazing, I had so much fun on that game, once MW2 was released I quit playing because of how disappointed I was.

You don't get Cod montages like this anymore....

The amount of editing in that is unlike anything you will see today. Montages used to be a lot better, but people put less effort into them now. You don't see montages like this anymore.

And here is the best 3D work ever seen on COD 4 <3

Imo, the editing carried that montage. It was amazing 3D work, but there was only a couple gameplay clips that I was truly impressed by, the rest seemed to be filler. That 3D though was awesome.

Modern Warfare 2 was just fun to me, I never had the privilege of playing CoD4. I liked the guns, the characters, the maps, basically everything about MW2.

Im the Highest level in all CoDs since MW1 sans WaW (I couldnt stand tanks and dogs) and I would rate them Bo1>4>BO2>MW3>MW2>WaW

Personally I could not stand how its almost impossible to play seriously in MW2 pubs. The only thing to complain about for me in BO2 are snipers and Ghost. I really enjoy the game and i would pick it up if you were looking to have some fun.

Lucky has made a lot of valid points that I personally agree with. A lot of my friends have made many excuses as to why they do not like the game and have proven on their end why they don't like it. That's fine, you're not forced to like a video game if you don't want to. I have found that the features added to the game were refreshing and allowed easy access to video uploads and streaming, which helps in multiple ways for competitive players and/or montage creators.

I do appreciate how 3arc stuck to a working formula and refined it, rather than "rebuild a successful game from the ground up" which leads to many bugs and exploits.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That one was much better in clips and editing imo. Those pistol kills and those no scopes were legit.

Yeah It's one of my favorite COD Montage for sure 

Usually we see a Campaign trailer, gameplay demo, and 2 second tease of Multiplayer

Well I'm tired of the usual. I hope that IW is smart enough to realize they need to give us something to be excited about and 2 seconds just isn't gonna cut it.

Usually we see a Campaign trailer, gameplay demo, and 2 second tease of Multiplayer

If that happens, then IW needs to question their marketing team.

"Guys, trust me. The fans love the MW2 and MW3 campaigns. They are dying for more information on it. And this dog? It's going to be huge! I've done my research. Fans have even made a cover with a dog on it to show their excitement! We need to sell the mode that people buy CoD for, the campaign."

IW isn't Bungie or Naughty Dog, lord. Talk multiplayer.

Got to admit though, the dog camera etc is still pretty  awesome. Rather enjoyed that campaign tease.

If that happens, then IW needs to question their marketing team.

"Guys, trust me. The fans love the MW2 and MW3 campaigns. They are dying for more information on it. And this dog? It's going to be huge! I've done my research. Fans have even made a cover with a dog on it to show their excitement! We need to sell the mode that people buy CoD for, the campaign."

IW isn't Bungie or Naughty Dog, lord. Talk multiplayer.

Got to admit though, the dog camera etc is still pretty  awesome. Rather enjoyed that campaign tease.

It was a nice campaign showing, but Eagle is right. The campaign isn't played but maybe one time. After that, multiplayer is played for years to come. Publishers are out of touch with this fact or I guess think the campaign hypes people more or that teasing with something as meaningless as the campaign is a way to get people hooked. Problem is, I don't care about campaign. I want multiplayer detailed, and how it plays. That's a game that I'm going to be playing for a long time, I want to know as much as possible. The better informed I am, the more likely I am to be comfortable and happy with my purchase as possible. Being lied to about what you're getting is part of what has tarnished Halo's reputation and the developer behind it.