CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

You can't blame Microsoft for IWs mess up by not properly porting the new game to the Xbox. The hardware differences are minuscule. There isn't a drastic difference.

As someone that has played COD since COD 2, I am used to the developer cycle. Every year, a new Call of Duty comes out. Every year, a new developer is handling the game. Now, this can be good and bad. It makes it so there is an inner competition between devs, trying to out do each other. It can also mean that one developer makes a far superior product. Most people that visit this site are a part of the Halo community, and some have only really played Black Ops 2. As someone who has played 3 going on 4 Infinity Ward games, and 3 Treyarch games, it is safe to say that Treyarch is a superior developer in making a good competitive shooter. So, when I heard that Ghosts was announced, I didn't pay much attention to it. I knew IW's track record and knew how they were to stubborn or lazy to take the good idea that Treyarch implemented ( Spectator Mode, League Play, Map Design etc.) As Ghosts is approaching, news has been coming out about how the maps are too big, kill times are quick, and everything seems cluttered. I see some people on Twitter are generally surprised. I'm just wondering what other people think. Luckily for the Call of Duty community, there are millions of people that play the game. So even when the developer makes a bad game, they aren't stuck with it for 3 years like the Halo community is, meanwhile having the viewers to support the game.

Treyarch was a god to them, going to be a rough year IMO (as in playing a game they may not like) but I think it will do good at tourneys and view numbers. Either way it's only one year.

But you do realize that another company is stepping in along side IW and Treyarch, right? Two years for another Treyarch Game. lol The new company were the ones who helped with MW3 and the ones making the next Call of Duty after Ghost. Sledgehammer Studios.

What's really sad is, they may get the game they want (Blops 3 or whatever) before H5 launches.

8Mn0tZP.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

The COD community will have had 3 good games before Halo 5 launches. And that game has a high chance of being awful.

seems like  fixable problems if IW just get the patches in quick

I mean we all thought Halo 4 had fixable problems via patches however some of those fixes came too late and some never came.

Jumperjumpz getting neg rep for having a different opinion, lolz. His point of view is a valid one.

All my "online frannzzz" aside, you're shelling out $100 more for what could potentially be a lesser experience. Not just talking about Infinity Ward, but the rumors floating around about other games doing the same thing. Despite whether or not "we" care as competitive gamers, every little edge is going to count when it comes to sales. And native 1080p compared to upscaled 1080p might be the difference between your game being "the best looking game to date" and looking fuzzy and awkward. Why would someone go out and buy a console for more money if it won't look as good? Yes, that'll actually be someone's rationale towards their purchase.

Most CoD players aren't considered "real gamers" anyway :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

seems like  fixable problems if IW just get the patches in quick

IW, without fail, has always been very slow with these types of patches, and sometimes would promise that they were coming soon for them to never actually do so. Nothing is a guarantee with IW, and their word is literally worth less than any other developer out there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IW, without fail, has always been very slow with these types of patches, and sometimes would promise that they were coming soon for them to never actually do so. Nothing is a guarantee with IW, and their word is literally worth less than any other developer out there.

Reading all of the cod pros tweets gives me flashbacks to Halo Reach / the beginning of Halo 4 when everyone was just like.. "wtf is this"

• Upvote (+1) 3

I apologize my info is outdated. At E3 Sony hyped up a different streaming service, I think Ustream. Twitch though recently struck a deal with Sony.

Yeah that's why i said both "Twitch" and "Ustream". You'll still be able to use Ustream, but they added Twitch to it too. It's all G though.

Reading all of the cod pros tweets gives me flashbacks to Halo Reach / the beginning of Halo 4 when everyone was just like.. "wtf is this"

They really lucked out with the guaranteed MLG tournaments because it forces other event organizers to follow suit. If that deal wasn't struck, there'd be a lot of serious discussions about sticking with Black Ops 2 for another year like they did with Black Ops when MW3 was around.

Graphics can be pretty and all but it's not really the reason I buy a game, or a console for that matter.

You're right, but would you rather play CoD with native 1080p or native 720p? I'm not asking at a personal level, but in general, if someone said "here" and gave you the option between native 1080p or native 720p and they're the same price, what would you pick?

I think this whole "well that's your opinion man" kinda gets a little crazy. Like Brite Eyez said, you're spending an extra $100 for a lesser experience.

Edit: Xbox One fans are getting the shit end of stick and all they have to say is "fuck it". If i found out about that, that'd be pretty hurting.

Example. Sony revealed that they can't use external hard drives(hopefully they change that), but can change internal HDDs for a bigger HDD or an SSD for that matter. But it's still shitty that as a gamer/console gamer that we're being limited. I'm not just gonna sit there and say "okay". Fuck that, we should be letting them know what's up. Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're right, but would you rather play CoD with native 1080p or native 720p? I'm not asking at a personal level, but in general, if someone said "here" and gave you the option between native 1080p or native 720p and they're the same price, what would you pick?

I think this whole "well that's your opinion man" kinda gets a little crazy. Like Brite Eyez said, you're spending an extra $100 for a lesser experience.

Edit: Xbox One fans are getting the shit end of stick and all they have to say is "fuck it". If i found out about that, that'd be pretty hurting.

Example. Sony revealed that they can't use external hard drives(hopefully they change that), but can change internal HDDs for a bigger HDD or an SSD for that matter. But it's still shitty that as a gamer/console gamer that we're being limited. I'm not just gonna sit there and say "okay". Fuck that, we should be letting them know what's up. Just saying.

Eh, if I cared so much about graphics, I'd have saved this 500 bucks up for a decent gaming PC, but I don't care about graphics that much. I care about friends, playing with them and what not. 

I was so close to cancelling my pre-order for my Xbox One until they dropped the DRM stuff, that's how much of a disaster I realized it was, and heck, it still is for those who care about graphics.

Sure, people who care about graphics are getting the shit end of the stick if they for some reason decide to buy a Xbox One, but some people really don't give a shit about it, myself included. 

They really lucked out with the guaranteed MLG tournaments because it forces other event organizers to follow suit. If that deal wasn't struck, there'd be a lot of serious discussions about sticking with Black Ops 2 for another year like they did with Black Ops when MW3 was around.

nobody really knows what the deal entails. I mean all it said was that CoD is the exclusive shooter for MLG 2014. Does not necessary mean CoD is gonna be at all events for 2014. At the end of the day its gonna come down to the $$$$.

Doesn't really matter how bad or good CoD Ghosts is. If activision is putting up the prize money and MLG is getting enough participation (events+viewers) they will keep running CoD.

And that begs the question if MLG is a league all about competitive gaming then where do they draw the line with their sponsors? I mean if Angry Birds decides to throw up big money to MLG for a tournament will MLG add it to their circuit?

I'll be rolling with the PS4 regardless. Nothing about the Xbox One excites me enough to get it..plus ps4 is cheaper, I'll get the new xbox whenever the new Halo/Titanfall comes out. I thought MLG use Playstation for CoD? I always thought they did.

Multiplayer games have always been superior on Xbox. Now that the One has dedicated servers, DLC early, and is the console that MLG is supporting, I think the Xbone is the console to get. If you are just casually playing then it's just preference.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Multiplayer games have always been superior on Xbox. Now that the One has dedicated servers, DLC early, and is the console that MLG is supporting, I think the Xbone is the console to get. If you are just casually playing then it's just preference.

Uhm not really.

Xbox Live is unproven on Xbone. PSN has now the same superior features (party chat etc), this Microsoft Azure Servers are unproven and most Publisher still prefer there own Servers and that will probably never change. PS4 games will use Dedicated Servers too. CoDghosts already has Dedis on every Platform, BF4 too etc...

And who cares which console is supported at MLG, that isnt a point for people what console to get. You can be a Fan of competitive CoD and still only play on Playstation Platforms.

Some Xbox Fans have to wake up for real. IMO PSN and Xbox live will be the same now on nextgen platforms. Both have the same features.

The hardware for both systems are identical. IW just didn't properly make the game for Xbox. Not on msfts side.

Uhm not really.

PS4 has the superior Ram solution. ESRAM is the bottleneck for deferred Render engines in 1080p. And PS4s GPU is much stronger too. Its not IWs fault that Microsoft created a weaker console.

I've played Pokemon and Minecraft and I can tell ya the graphics doesn't mean SHIT when is about to have fun.

Console war going over here, opinions attacking other opinions.

Just buy the console you want, with the games you want and that's it.

Holy shit! DMR vs BR debate all over again disguised. Specially when the conversation started with Call of Duty -.-

Yeah, Xbox Live is a proven service. I've had friends go through a headache with PSN. For single player games, PS is the way to go for sure. For online multiplayer, I'll stick with Xbox unless its a complete fuck up (Hopefully I'll know by next summer if the resolution issue is on the developer end or on MS's). I also don't feel like switching over to that crappy PS controller. It was great when I was 10 years old...now not so much.