CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

Eh one can argue MW2 save some OP perks and Noob Tubes

Totally agree. Without noob tubes MW2 is easily #1

COD4 for reasons already stated, that game really brought the series to the popularity it has now. Title is misleading though, best and favourite mean two different things haha

My personal favourite however was Black Ops, I really enjoyed the maps for the multiplayer. They were excellently made, and besides couple, were enjoyable to play, which i find terrible difficult with vanilla maps these days.

While I want to say Modern Warfare, I have to go with Black Ops 2. I had a lot of fun on the original and the sequel is equally as fun. I'm not a fan of MW3 and never really played MW2, Black Ops 2 is the first to grip me for more than 3 games at a time!

But 50 vs 50 on shipment COD4 PC was an experience I'll never forget...

Just lost some reputation for this, that's a tad pathetic

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just lost some reputation for this, that's a tad pathetic

I believe that was a troll.

OT: CoD 4 for LIFE! Every game after 4 got worse and worse.

CoD: Black Ops 2 so far, I would of said Call of Duty 4 if I played it early and played multiplayer.

for me the ones that were the most fun were cod4/5 and mw2 split between them 3 

As a whole game, Black Ops 2.

Competitively, CoD 4.

What do you like about Black Ops 2?

I've seen in some of your videos that you play it, and are quite good...

I just think it's to much, it's like the newer CoDs with OP perks, guns, killstreaks, etc...

Do you like that stuff? Do you like it cause you're good? Or what?

What do you like about Black Ops 2?

I've seen in some of your videos that you play it, and are quite good...

I just think it's to much, it's like the newer CoDs with OP perks, guns, killstreaks, etc...

Do you like that stuff? Do you like it cause you're good? Or what?

I've always been pretty good at CoD, but what I love about Black Ops 2 is how refined of a game it is.

The multiplayer is amazing - the matchmaking offerings are obviously as good as they've ever been since CoD as a franchise focuses on preserving base gameplay and just refining it. The have a foundation and polish it.

Additionally, they added in a skill-based ranking system with League Play, which is one of the best I've seen on any platform.

I haven't played the campaign, but my brother keeps up with all of that stuff and told me that Black Ops 2 has one of the best CoD campaigns.

Streaming straight from your Xbox to Twitch/Youtube is revolutionary.

Theater has been refined and works 500x better than any of Halo's theater systems.

Black Ops 2's spectator mode blows all other console spectator modes out of the water.

The map pool is one of the best in the series.

The guns are differentiable, but they are all relatively balanced, meaning competitive play isn't monotonous.

Their development and pre-release hype-building included catering to the eSports fans and competitive players.

In my honest opinion, it's the best Xbox 360 offering ever. No other game matches up with Black Ops 2 from top to bottom.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO, each game is the best in it's time. When COD 4 came out, I played it at a buddies and thought it was cool, but it wasn't even enough to pull me from Halo..yet. Shortly after, I borrowed the game, then bought it, and rarely played Halo.

When WaW came out, I didn't even blink.

When MW2 came out, I bought it release night in the middle/end of a date. Went home and played it for 12+ hours. Started my addiction with COD that led me away from Halo due to my frustration with what Halo 3 was. I played a lot of MW2 and started to bring my friends with me.

When Black Ops came out, the same happened. I bought the game at release and by this time, most if not all my friends were playing COD. I tried playing Reach but it was just horrible.

So I kept playing COD.

When MW3 came out, I played it probably the most out of the CODs due to clan challenges, new DLC almost monthly, and so many friends actually playing COD by now. It was almost impossible to not have a full party on this game.

When Black Ops 2 came out, the launch was rough due to lag comp. I quit playing COD for about 2 months while I tried to reinvest in Halo. Ultimately, the lack of friends playing coupled with not having anything worth playing for on a game that I knew was so broken and frustatingly unfair led me back to COD.

Each COD has been in it's own right the best COD as each one has brought something new and awesome to the table and each one has improved something or added a feature that makes the game better.

The worst thing about games like these is once you reach the top, you can get really bored. Especially if you don't have friends to play when you get on, or when you don't really have a goal in mind.

Overall, year to year each new COD becomes the one in my tray so it's near impossible for me to choose. Although I will say for fondest memories being Black Ops 1. Most of my Halo buddies started playing this game just for pubs and no GBs. It was fun, we were obnoxious, and we always won.

CoD4 was revolutionary for me because I was so used to playing Halo and it made me take a new approach for the FPS genre in a good way.

Then MW2 expanded on what CoD4 did so they're tied for me :)

CoD 4 without a doubt. They had some balance issues with they M16 and fragx3 perk but it was nothing close to being as unbalanced as stuff like one man army noob tubes. Also had they had the best maps by far of all the CoDs which in my opinion is the biggest factor in whether or not a CoD is good.

In my opinion, Call of Duty 2 - 4 were the most enjoyable Call of Duty games that were not only fun to pick up and play, but the competitive scenes were strong and didn't have as many exploits at the time. After MW2's release, I felt that it made all of the CoD games vulnerable to hardware modifications, regardless of what the companies tried to do to stop it. Overall, I enjoyed the Infinity Ward releases as a whole more than I did the 3arc ones.

CoD 4 without a doubt. They had some balance issues with they M16 and fragx3 perk but it was nothing close to being as unbalanced as stuff like one man army noob tubes. Also had they had the best maps by far of all the CoDs which in my opinion is the biggest factor in whether or not a CoD is good.

Imo, you were ultimately forced to choose between Juggernaut and Stopping Power.

Not to mention that the MM system really didn't care what rank or prestige you are. So it would match you against players who already had the best guns unlocked and the default classes were pretty weak. There was little you could do except try and rank up.

Maps were pretty rough in design and favored campers.

Snipers could be ridiculously hard to spot, which is realistic, but it is a game and shouldn't be played at the speed of real life.

That could be a bold successful move or a disastrous blunder. Either way, I'm tuning in and hoping for the best. Excited to see a game on the X1.

That could be a bold successful move or a disastrous blunder. Either way, I'm tuning in and hoping for the best. Excited to see a game on the X1.

Disaster - "We're going to discuss the campaign."

Interesting - "We're going to discuss the mode that people actually care about."

CoD4 was the only good CoD campaign in this new era of the series. Black Ops was good, but only because the story was interesting, the mission design was still generic as it can be. If I get the vibe in the first 10 min that it's a campaign reveal, I'll back out. IW can earn my trust back when it comes to campaign by releasing a solid one, not talking about it.

I do like how they are doing this the day before the conferences. Gives us an earlier reveal to look forward too.

In before massive Dog Single player  :kappa:

Not but seriously if they stripped down things like Spectator Mode, League Play etc... it will be bad