CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

ESWC has been entertaining at times. Optic beat Denial 3-2 in pool play with their tournament lives on the line after losing to Barrage in game 5 round 11. Denial, tR, Optic and Vitality made it to the single elim playoff. Denial tR went to map 5 round 11 and Denial won it. Now there is a Optic vs Denial grand final. 1 series to win the event. 

Grand Finals:

Map 1: OG wins Solar HP 250-100. Formal drops 54 kills

Map 2: OG wins Detroit SnD 6-5. They were up 5-1 at one point though and it went r11

Map 3: Denial wins Comeback Uplink 13-11. OG was up 9-3 good side, missed a few throws late. Denial rallied late for the win

Map 4: OG wins Retreat CTF 4-3. Denial was up 2-1 with a last second cap 1st side. OG came back from 3-1 and won with ~10 seconds left

This SnD round by Formal was pretty nuts

I was only able to catch the last game, but props to OpTic beating Denial for the 2nd time and Enable getting his first championship in CoD

If OG picked up Clayster for Karma that really is a godsquad. Not hating on Karma he's a beast but damn, Clay is good.

If you all havnt seen this yet, highly recommend that you do. 

Such a shame, to see someone take something for granted.  

https://streamable.com/j0yj

I felt bad because he quit his job to become a full time streamer, but that's his fault, I suppose.

Not sure how he would even support himself with such low numbers? Even before this incident he would have to rely on insane growth. 

Still pissed that this game has abilities in it. I was looking forward to it as well.

If OG picked up Clayster for Karma that really is a godsquad. Not hating on Karma he's a beast but damn, Clay is good.

Don't agree.  Clayster plays way too similarly to Formal; whereas Karma is a master of basically filling whatever role you need him to play in whatever situation.  With Clayster on the team you'd have to get Formal to play a more hybrid SMG role, which while I'm sure he's capable of doing it, Karma is superior.  Basically I think that Formal/Karma is more productive for the team than Formal/Clayster would be.

The casting, crowd and performances at UMG are extremely dull. Not entertained with this one.

The casting, crowd and performances at UMG are extremely dull. Not entertained with this one.

There was a great match last night between vVv and Jus. The problem is, it ended at 2am est and not many people were watching. Jus was up 2-0 in the series. vVv won the CTF and the Uplink (both crazy ones in OT) to force map 5. Jus went up 5-2 I believe but vVv still managed to force a round 11 despite eventually losing it b/c Merk and another guy on Jus clutched up in a 2v2 situation.

Confusing why they needed 8 commentators or so for this event with only 2 streams going.

Good to see some surprises with Enigma 6 breaking in.

Either Enable or Formal and OG will be getting a 3peat today. OG vs FaZe finals. FaZe has won 5 straight series 3-0 today through the losers bracket.

Wow. That Optic vs E6 CTF was probably the most hype CTF ever casted in AW. Absolutely incredible finish. I'll try to post it here as soon as it is up on Youtube.

Edit: I'm sure a better quality one will eventually be available, but here is the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QMZznpTEXo

Now THAT is better.

French casters are still the best though.

Formal's game 2 1v3 180 kill for the win in the second series of Grand Finals vs FaZe.

That was embarrassing as hell, lol.

I feel like people keep underestimating Karma. After watching him at this event I feel like he hasn't lost any of his ability to win championships. Can't wait to see him more with this team. 

Aches is better, but an ass, so I can see why. Although Censor does his fair share of whining, too. Overall being apart of the FaZe brand was probably important for these up and comers who don't montetize from YT or streaming.