CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

As far as trailers go, that was an appauling trailer. Terrible shots, terrible pace, difficult to comprehend what was happening gameplay wise. Music didn't match. Not a good reveal like the MW3 reveal.

Also, looks like the Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and Titanfall developers have redefined this genre again.

I'm all for fluid movement but this clamber/vault/wallrun/slide crap is already old.

Of course, that's all just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As far as trailers go, that was an appauling trailer. Terrible shots, terrible pace, difficult to comprehend what was happening gameplay wise. Music didn't match. Not a good reveal like the MW3 reveal.

Also, looks like the Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and Titanfall developers have redefined this genre again.

I'm all for fluid movement but this clamber/vault/wallrun/slide crap is already old.

Of course, that's all just my opinion.

100%

From everything I've been hearing about it so far, it seems like it will be a pretty fun game. CoD trailers usually get me hype, but this one was kind of off to me.

From everything I've been hearing about it so far, it seems like it will be a pretty fun game. CoD trailers usually get me hype, but this one was kind of off to me.

Agreed, AW got me so hyped I bought it and hated it after one day... This trailer actually wasn't that good at all, I'm going to wait out for gameplay.

it will be a fun game but will it be competitive? From what I have seen and heard from competitive CoD crowd they are worried about the "movement" of BO3.  In addition the rumors of moving away to PS4 could also be a blow to competitive CoD.

However Treyarch are very good at making CoD games.

I've always thought treyarch games looked awful

Compared to the 50 Shades of Brown and Grey aesthetic that MW2, MW3, Ghosts and AW had, Treyarch's games look amazing. They actually have color, for starters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Compared to the 50 Shades of Brown and Grey aesthetic that MW2, MW3, Ghosts and AW had, Treyarch's games look amazing. They actually have color, for starters.

Disagree: BO1 and WAW looked like shit, MW2 was nice

Agree: MW3, Ghosts and AW are awful, but I  BO2 has color

I just hate that they didnt stick to separate timelines, they could have easily kept black ops completely separate from this AW nonsense.

On a Halo note however if 343 didnt choke, this would be our chance to step up and regain our throne because the amount of people angry at this trailer reveal is enormous 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hate that they didnt stick to separate timelines, they could have easily kept black ops completely separate from this AW nonsense.

On a Halo note however if 343 didnt choke, this would be our chance to step up and regain our throne because the amount of people angry at this trailer reveal is enormous 

It's almost certainly no different to the amount of people who have been angry at every other COD reveal, it's just more apparent because these people now use social media.

If people aren't sugar coating things I'm actually fine with what I'm hearing about the movement, its very subtle in comparison to shittyAW's movement.

• The fact that you can't use thrust to break the lanes (I was most concerned about this one)
  • Thrust also isn't supposed to be used in firefights or it will get you killed, they say its instead supposed to replace ladders and such
  • The power sliding yet again sounds very useful, and situation, but not going to effect gunfights negatively

So with the movement not being a concern anymore, my only one now is the special abilities and classes. It's mainly the abilities and not so much the special weapons. Although, this could make pubs interesting, I doubt these will make it into e-sports settings -- at the very least they will be "nerfed". With all that being said my views on this game are a lot more optimistic. 

the only cod games that could use more color is Cod4/waw. I actually played mw2 the other day and it looks incredible even now, not to mention 60fps. It's so impressive they pulled that off on 360.

Black ops 1 and 2 just look like borderlands without being intentional about the art style. They might as well be ps2 games lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the only cod games that could use more color is Cod4/waw. I actually played mw2 the other day and it looks incredible even now, not to mention 60fps. It's so impressive they pulled that off on 360.

Black ops 1 and 2 just look like borderlands without being intentional about the art style. They might as well be ps2 games lol

Black Ops 2 most definitely looks better than MW2. I've played both in the past several weeks as well if you're wondering.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's going to be interesting to see where cod goes after blops3 as it's been coping a lot of hate for being futuristic and most likely with Ghosts 2 coming out the year after which will again most likely be futuristic warfare what's next?

I've always thought treyarch games looked awful

Def. not a company that makes the greatest looking games. I can run black ops 2 at 60fps with every setting turned up on an hd7750 graphics card. 

Def. not a company that makes the greatest looking games. I can run black ops 2 at 60fps with every setting turned up on an hd7750 graphics card. 

They didn't have time back then to change anything. They had an engine that worked and they just didn't have time to change things in it. They had a year and a half almost to make a AAA game and that is just not enough time to make good changes. Now they have a 3 year development time, that takes a lot of stress off and Call of Duty's graphics are now steadily improving. 

Well this is interesting --- how much free time I will have come Oct/Nov.

This will be the first  year I do not buy both a Halo and COD title.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol MW2 ran at 600p @ 60fps on the Xbox 360. Its not that hard to run

600p is 614400 pixels per a frame.

720p is 921600 pixels per a frame.

I'll admit COD is getting better in art style rather than raw graphics.

Lol MW2 ran at 600p @ 60fps on the Xbox 360. Its not that hard to run

600p is 614400 pixels per a frame.

720p is 921600 pixels per a frame.

I'll admit COD is getting better in art style rather than raw graphics.

I'm aware of the resolution. The art style is what's impressive. The game still looks great to me despite only being 600p.

• Upvote (+1) 1