CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

I could careless about CoD, but I literally came to the forum to say just this. Seems funny to me. That exo stuff is probably here to stay, though. At least IMO, that makes CoD at least playable.

Naw BLOPS 2 style game with no Exos shits all over AW style imo (and whole community agrees basically) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Naw BLOPS 2 style game with no Exos shits all over AW style imo (and whole community agrees basically) 

I never played Black Ops 2, no interest. I've only ever played Ghosts and AW, and that's a very small sample size. I'd rather have my eyes bleed playing Halo 4 all day that any CoD - in any circumstance. Just saying, the biggest gripe I have with COD is the jumping and the clunky movements, feels closer to Halo with the exo jump ability. I've actually had some enjoyable games playing AW, same can't be said for Ghosts. I do realize Ghosts is very hated by the CoD community, too. 

I could also careless about the CoD community, and what they think. Sure, it may not be best to go by this, but my cousin is a CoD fiend, and a few of his friends stopped by my house, and I was playing Reach v7 or Halo 3, can't remember which. They basically complained the whole time about not being able to choose their own weapons and not being able to 'run'....that's all I need to know, and it's why H4 and H5 is the way it is. I blame the CoD kids for Halo's downfall, you better believe it. I can't remember which member of 343 said it, but they are spot on in saying gamer's expect to be able to sprint, and all that BS, it's true. 

It is why my clan tag on MCC is and will always be 'No Sprint in H5'. 

I went a little off-topic there, sorry. You get my drift though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I never played Black Ops 2, no interest. I've only ever played Ghosts and AW, and that's a very small sample size. I'd rather have my eyes bleed playing Halo 4 all day that any CoD - in any circumstance. Just saying, the biggest gripe I have with COD is the jumping and the clunky movements, feels closer to Halo with the exo jump ability. I've actually had some enjoyable games playing AW, same can't be said for Ghosts. I do realize Ghosts is very hated by the CoD community, too. 

I could also careless about the CoD community, and what they think. Sure, it may not be best to go by this, but my cousin is a CoD fiend, and a few of his friends stopped by my house, and I was playing Reach v7 or Halo 3, can't remember which. They basically complained the whole time about not being able to choose their own weapons and not being able to 'run'....that's all I need to know, and it's why H4 and H5 is the way it is. I blame the CoD kids for Halo's downfall, you better believe it. I can't remember which member of 343 said it, but they are spot on in saying gamer's expect to be able to sprint, and all that BS, it's true. 

I mean that's just your opinion, which is most obviously fine, I stated mine too. 

And yes CoD's influence in Halo is another discussion and I am against sprint

The only true way to discuss if no exos is better or not is to examine the competitiveness of the mechanic, though. Assuming you like what's most competitive.

If you've never played Black Ops 2, then trust me when I tell you that Black Ops 2 is so much better than Halo 4 it's not even funny.

Now as to Call of Duty ruining other games, you'll get no argument from me there. All you have to do is look at the new "Rainbow Six" game to see a perfect example of that.

I like Call of Duty, but I am sick of developers constantly copying it in a doomed from the start attempt to copy it's sales.

When they said "super soldier" I instantly thought CoD has come full circle and is trying to be like Halo lol.

Well, in all fairness, the lore behind the Spartan program is nothing unique. Even MJOLNIR isn't a unique concept, just a different twist on the power armor theme (though one of the best, to be sure).

The concept of a super soldier (and "super-humans" in general) through technological augmentation is something that will almost certainly be realized in our lifetime. A lot of the footage from the teaser is real life footage.

I doubt the gameplay of Call of Duty will resemble Halo in any real form. Treyarch isn't going to mess with the formula for success, beyond adding new nuances to improve it, as they have in BO1 and BO2. I suspect augmentations will take the place of perks. For example, Marathon will now be a leg augmentation. Dexterity an arm upgrade.

I'm excited for sure.

That trailer gave me Modern Warfare vibes over Black Ops vibes.

I'll admit WW2 games had their time in the spotlight but I'm sort of over "near future" stuff. Present or Past would be much more interesting to me.

I feel like I'm one of the very few people that enjoyed ghosts. The one thing I didn't like is that there seemed to be more people then usual camping and sound whoring. Anyway, I'm excited for blops3 I'm just hoping there's no exos, my connection can't handle anymore people flying around.

I agree. I enjoyed Ghosts more than AW.

That being said, I dont play Cod competetive.

About that Sundance tweet:

I remember him tweeting a pic of a bunch of PS4s a long time ago. Cant remember what he wrote in the tweet, but if I remember correctly, everyone thought MLG was picking up Destiny as a competetive title. This was a long time ago, but who knows.. they might have a bunch of PS4s laying around somewhere ready to be used if they drop the Xbox deal with Cod.

The tweet could have been a troll tweet too. You'll never know when Sundance tweets.

If you've never played Black Ops 2, then trust me when I tell you that Black Ops 2 is so much better than Halo 4 it's not even funny.

Now as to Call of Duty ruining other games, you'll get no argument from me there. All you have to do is look at the new "Rainbow Six" game to see a perfect example of that.

I like Call of Duty, but I am sick of developers constantly copying it in a doomed from the start attempt to copy it's sales.

Well, in all fairness, the lore behind the Spartan program is nothing unique. Even MJOLNIR isn't a unique concept, just a different twist on the power armor theme (though one of the best, to be sure).

The concept of a super soldier (and "super-humans" in general) through technological augmentation is something that will almost certainly be realized in our lifetime. A lot of the footage from the teaser is real life footage.

I doubt the gameplay of Call of Duty will resemble Halo in any real form. Treyarch isn't going to mess with the formula for success, beyond adding new nuances to improve it, as they have in BO1 and BO2. I suspect augmentations will take the place of perks. For example, Marathon will now be a leg augmentation. Dexterity an arm upgrade.

I'm excited for sure.

You sound about right, actually given me abit of hope for this game haha

I agree. I enjoyed Ghosts more than AW.

That being said, I dont play Cod competetive.

About that Sundance tweet:

I remember him tweeting a pic of a bunch of PS4s a long time ago. Cant remember what he wrote in the tweet, but if I remember correctly, everyone thought MLG was picking up Destiny as a competetive title. This was a long time ago, but who knows.. they might have a bunch of PS4s laying around somewhere ready to be used if they drop the Xbox deal with Cod.

The tweet could have been a troll tweet too. You'll never know when Sundance tweets.

Yeah this 

u1abfNb.png

Seems like too many even for CoD though. 120 teams X 4 is 480 only. Maybe 200 extra just cause? Idk over 1k seems excessive. 

It seems CoD is getting 343'd as well. Even Bo3 is going to have this stupid exo'esque shit. I really don't think I need to "wait to see gameplay, derrrr" to know that 'thrust jump' and all those other gimmicky keywords just mean not CoD. We've been duped far too many times these past couple years that we should keep getting fooled by incompetent devs. At this point I remain rightfully pessimistic towards the news and rumors until proven otherwise.  

Referencing that Sundance Tweet, I wouldn't be surprised if MLG picks up PS4 as the official console. 

If its not exclusive to either one MLG would not change consoles, just because. The pros are already having tantrums just at the rumors of the console shift. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems CoD is getting 343'd as well. Even Bo3 is going to have this stupid exo'esque shit. I really don't think I need to "wait to see gameplay, derrrr" to know that 'thrust jump' and all those other gimmicky keywords just mean not CoD. We've been duped far too many times these past couple years that we should keep getting fooled by incompetent devs. At this point I remain rightfully pessimistic towards the news and rumors until proven otherwise.  

If its not exclusive to either one MLG would not change consoles, just because. The pros are already having tantrums just at the rumors of the console shift. 

I'm more optimistic about BO3 than about Halo 5. It seems like Treyarch always takes elements from the previous CoD and then goes on to make a much more balanced and enjoyable game than IW or SHG ever could.

I'm more optimistic about BO3 than about Halo 5. It seems like Treyarch always takes elements from the previous CoD and then goes on to make a much more balanced and enjoyable game than IW or SHG ever could.

Well, the competitive CoD scene as a whole is kind of nervous. The pros generally aren't as vocal about their displeasures unless its really bad (why bite the hand that feeds you) but I've heard a fair amount of pros who really don't want a progression of AW in BO3. There are already rumors of the thrust movement and momentum based movement. But I guess we only have to wait 2 more days. 

Well, the competitive CoD scene as a whole is kind of nervous. The pros generally aren't as vocal about their displeasures unless its really bad (why bite the hand that feeds you) but I've heard a fair amount of pros who really don't want a progression of AW in BO3. There are already rumors of the thrust movement and momentum based movement. But I guess we only have to wait 2 more days. 

Not sure if this was your comparison, but they're more vocal than Halo pros IMO. 

That trailer gave me Modern Warfare vibes over Black Ops vibes.

I'll admit WW2 games had their time in the spotlight but I'm sort of over "near future" stuff. Present or Past would be much more interesting to me.

it gave me deus-ex vibe over anything else. 

According to a reliable insider on GAF, it's most likely just going to be "not exclusive" anymore to Xbox. So expect both systems to market heavily for it. 

Referencing that Sundance Tweet, I wouldn't be surprised if MLG picks up PS4 as the official console. 

I could see it appearing during Sony's E3 considering Sony is utilizing 3rd party major titles to cover up their barren line-up. Would also means more is going to go into Halo by MS.

does the ps4 support any kind of lan setup? 

Really surprised they would include at that exo garbage in tbh,seems the cod community is getting the H4 treatment.

I think they will tone it down significantly. Just compare BO1 to MW2 and BO2 to MW3, Treyarch's CoDs are always more polished and balanced

Didn't sundance say the same thing about MCC? Said something like "1024 copies should be enough" I doubt they'd switch over to ps when xbox has been doing just fine.

CDYivNhWIAAdD39.jpg

First in game-pic.

Def. could pass as CoD, TF2, or Deus Ex lol.

Looks like Call of Duty: 2142 to me.

Source: 

Battlefield-2142.jpgbf2142gamescreenshot1.jpg

I think they will tone it down significantly. Just compare BO1 to MW2 and BO2 to MW3, Treyarch's CoDs are always more polished and balanced

I agree it will be pretty polished I played WaW and BO1 and It will sell on not the cod name alone but with the re-introduction of zombies and Co-Op Campaign(which is a big deal) I just do not really think something so hated and which doesn't work in cod will be welcomed by competitive and casual cod players alike.

If they manage to significantly tone exo movement down to where it's a minor impact on the game it might be tolerable.

Looks like Call of Duty: 2142 to me.

Source: 

If I didn't click on the pics and see the name "bf2142screenshot.jpg" I would have 100% believed these were BO3 sceenshots