CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

im probally hearing puckets voice for the first time since mlg halo. i miss his personality on stream.

Nice to see Fwiz there. Hes making things interesting!

The ads are killing me on XBL though. Keep getting ads during the game.

The top 2 EU teams couldn't make it into bracket play. TCM couldn't beat Below Zero (a low tier US team among those qualified for the event). Epsilon (the team that destroyed all of the EU comp at their regionals) got put into a "pool of death" with SB and tK.  They lost to SB and then blew a 2-0 series lead vs TK and got knocked out of the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was only able to watch the first game of the torny--I assume optic was 3-0 city in their pool? Has the bracket came out? Lastly was the production quality really this bad http://www.reddit.com/r/CoDCompetitive/comments/30jjo1/we_went_from_outstanding_production_quality_at_na/

I dont think I even saw a series score graphic?

The series score is the little yellow dashes under the team logos. It was there for every stream. The quality was actually really good almost the entire time on the alpha stream. It was usually the Bravo through Echo streams which were poor in quality at times with audio and the occasional mess ups with production- I'm guessing because they were makeshift setups and people who aren't accustomed to running streams who were handling those. But just having every match streamed and casted beats missing out on potentially great matchups that would normally be left off stream. That's a huge step forward having 5 simultaneous streams. It also gives lesser known teams more potential for exposure. 

Also the matches just concluded so the bracket should be up at some point tonight. The bracket play starts at 9:00 am tomorrow. 

Edit: Bracket is up. Holy shit, the top half is stacked. Optic vs Denial round 1. Those were the top 2 NA teams at regionals lol. And the winner of that has to play vs tK who placed 3rd at regionals. 

Also, link to the gametypes/map round by round: https://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/esports/2015/blog/2015/03/11/call-of-duty-championship-2015-official-mapsmodes-list

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic Gaming plays Denial in the first round of bracket LMFAO.  Thats your two grand-finalists of the past two tournaments.

The bracket is a joke.  FaZe Red basically has a cake-walk into Winners Finals.  Their competition is literally FaZe Black vs. sB and Prophecy vs. Orbit.  Meanwhile upper bracket has OG, Denial, tK, nV, and ON.

They really screwed up the bracket by not letting NA Regionals dictate the Pools.

WOW that Ascend CTF game! John saved their asses.... Thought Faze was winning there

Edit: John too good

Is SB an underdog team because that was nice!

Kind of a nerdy team. They were probably a slight underdog vs FaZe Black but it wasn't a massive upset. Phizzurp is known to use unorthodox strats that other teams wouldn't normally try. He is sort of like Ryanoob but he hasn't won an event in recent memory.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Detroit is Formal's worst HP map as it forces him to use a sub. Its usually the map Scump will carry on but he didn't have a standout game. Solar SnD should favor Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great job by SB!

Man this match up right now between Optic v Denial!!

The other matches going on right now are so intense as well. tK barely squeaked out two wins vs BZ.

This tK vs BZ series is insane!!

Hardpoint was 12 point game, came down to last 20 seconds. S&D went to round 11. Kaliber won first two games.

Game 3, BZ gets an uplink throw with 2 seconds left to win 8-7.

This tK vs BZ series is insane!!

Hardpoint was 12 point game, came down to last 20 seconds. S&D went to round 11. Kaliber won first two games.

Game 3, BZ gets an uplink throw with 2 seconds left to win 8-7.

sounds like i need to watch this tK series right now