CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

mmm too bad I never really liked that WW2 theme. =\

Can anyone explain why BO2 was one of the best competitive CODs?

and how is it compared to AW?

Bo2 was set in the Cold War and in 2025.

Can't explain why it was the best competitive game because I don't follow it very much.

Bo2 was set in the Cold War and in 2025.

Can't explain why it was the best competitive game because I don't follow it very much.

lol I liked the 2025, that's why I liked the MM :P 

Can anyone explain why BO2 was one of the best competitive CODs?

and how is it compared to AW?

Well the biggest difference is no exos, obviously, but in general it was seen as good because the TTK was slower than Ghosts allowing for more skillful gunfights and League Play which allowed for skill based matchmaking for the first time in CoD. Also the maps were traditional 3 lane CoD style and score streaks weren't overpowered like most other CoDs so they could be left in the comp settings.

Sweet!, world at war and Black ops 1 are two of my favourite Cod games, loved the old school feel to it, was simple gameplay and not too chaotic.

Sweet!, world at war and Black ops 1 are two of my favourite Cod games, loved the old school feel to it, was simple gameplay and not too chaotic.

CoD like Halo needs to go back to it's roots IMO (even though it cops flack for not evolving lol) the two most recent cods are absolute disasters and going back on it cod4 felt the most simplistic and easy to pick up and enjoy from a casual standpoint, AW is the complete opposite. Here's hoping this CoD is great, I'm done with Halo for good. Treyarch usually delivers,

• Upvote (+1) 2

CoD like Halo needs to go back to it's roots IMO (even though it cops flack for not evolving lol) the two most recent cods are absolute disasters and going back on it cod4 felt the most simplistic and easy to pick up and enjoy from a casual standpoint, AW is the complete opposite. Here's hoping this CoD is great, I'm done with Halo for good. Treyarch usually delivers,

Yeah I am not a fan of this exo movement. Surprisingly, a lot of people are and claim it adds to the skillgap but Treyarch probably will have classic gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I am not a fan of this exo movement. Surprisingly, a lot of people are and claim it adds to the skillgap but Treyarch probably will have classic gameplay. 

Do you any of the arguments for and against the skill gap?

Do you any of the arguments for and against the skill gap?

At the most basic level, yes. Pros: Adds to the shooting skillgap for it's harder to hit people exoing. And overall using the exo movement efficently.

Cons: Unpredictable and adds randomness; maps bigger in size as a result.

The CoD scene doesn't talk about competitiveness nearly as much as us as they're too occupied with their scene, though, so it's hard to be knowledgeable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the most basic level, yes. Pros: Adds to the shooting skillgap for it's harder to hit people exoing. And overall using the exo movement efficently.

Cons: Unpredictable and adds randomness; maps bigger in size as a result.

The CoD scene doesn't talk about competitiveness nearly as much as us as they're too occupied with their scene, though, so it's hard to be knowledgeable.

How does it add randomness/unpredictable? It's more or less like quake double jumping?

• Downvote (-1) 1

How does it add randomness/unpredictable? It's more or less like quake double jumping?

Not familiar with Quake. But idk tbh. I guess I just can't adapt 

Find it kind of funny how my buddy's pick up team made it to regionals.

I hope its not all American teams coming out of NA, love to see some variation, like Revenge last year coming 8th.

So, who are favorites for regionals? I've been hearing quite a bit of praise for Denial and Optic. How about Faze Red or Envy?

So, who are favorites for regionals? I've been hearing quite a bit of praise for Denial and Optic. How about Faze Red or Envy?

OpTic's the favorite with FaZe at 2nd and Denial/Aware 3rd/4th. NV Id say is top 8 for sure probably 5/6

Edit: Oh that is for this weekends event. But i cant imagine its much different for regionals besides aware as they have underage players I believe

• Upvote (+1) 1

OpTic's the favorite with FaZe at 2nd and Denial/Aware 3rd/4th. NV Id say is top 8 for sure probably 5/6

Edit: Oh that is for this weekends event. But i cant imagine its much different for regionals besides aware as they have underage players I believe

I hope either Optic or Faze wins it because of Formal and Enable but I wouldn't mind Denial winning it either, I've always been a fan of Clayster. Sort of reminds me of Naded with how hype he gets. 

• Upvote (+1) 1