CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

So I took a break from blops 2 after being stuck in awaiting placement for a week, get masters when I come back. I'll take it. Sure, League Play doesn't mean much, but hey, why not.

What did you expect? That's Infinity Ward.

Well, I guess the new people that started playing CoD didn't expect it because they haven't played another Call of Duty other than Black Ops. So I guess I should say,

Welcome to Call of Duty and don't think Infinity Ward cares about you competitive kids, because they don't. They never have, and never will. If they do put in anything that seems competitive, they already fucked that up. Sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What did you expect? That's Infinity Ward.

Well, I guess the new people that started playing CoD didn't expect it because they haven't played another Call of Duty other than Black Ops. So I guess I should say,

Welcome to Call of Duty and don't think Infinity Ward cares about you competitive kids, because they don't. They never have, and never will. If they do put in anything that seems competitive, they already fucked that up. Sorry.

This

Enjoyed watching Gandhi commentate.

Made the switch from Halo a few months ago. Loving what I swore I'd never play, lol.

Only gets better from here.

Hmm..  there's still hope for a competitive playlist maybe? I mean, their game is set for the 2014 MLG season.

Really anticipating the next 3arc game though.

I don't understand Infinity Ward at all. They are making all the wrong decisions. If it doesn't have a spectator mode, the game will for sure be dead.

#FallOfDuty

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys do realize that CoD was built from the ground up from millions and millions of casuals who simply don't give a shit about all the competitive stuff. As long as there is casuals, CoD is not going anywhere.

I don't understand Infinity Ward at all. They are making all the wrong decisions. If it doesn't have a spectator mode, the game will for sure be dead.

#FallOfDuty

Yeah, because previous CoD's that didn't have spectator mode killed the whole series... Nice logic you have.

CoD is going no where.  Even if Ghosts is somewhat bad compared to BOps2, it still won't be as horrible as Reach was to the Halo series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe there is now a third developer making cods. Sledgehammer or something like that is their name. They will be making the next cod after ghosts than Treyarch after that. Treyarch won't have another cod game out until 2015, which is a long time in cod time.

are you sure? im pretty sure they just helped with developent for mw3

You do realize the Xbox One has a DVR that you can rewind any gameplay, which basically eliminates the need for theater?

Every pro that I know of complains about Hardpoint. Besides we haven't even seen all their gametypes in action, yet less got a feel for them. A little early to be calling it the downfall, isn't it?

The fact that IW even mentioned esports is interesting as they neither need the small population of esports or have to include it, so the simple fact of them mentioning it gives me hope. I will reserve judgment until I play it. 

Ehhh, as far I remember, I think the DVR is only for the last 30 seconds of gameplay.....

• Downvote (-1) 1

This is where Halo (5) can get ahead of the game here.

How? Ghosts will be over with and whatever Treyarch comes up with is what halo 5 will have to compete with. And Treyarch right now has a really good reputation with the competitive community so i don't see halo 5 just getting a easy win.

I know most people here don't follow Call of Duty that well but I try to follow it as much as a can. I couldn't help but feel some type of deja vu when reading and hearing about the new Call of Duty game, Call of Duty: Ghosts. It reminded me so much of when Halo: Reach information was first released and many pros were trying to be optimistic but the information we had about the game was god awful. Take a look at some of these videos and let me know what you think.

So far

-No theater mode

-No Hardpoint (stable for competitive play)

-Possibly no Capture the Flag (other than the new type of CTF they created which has no place in competitive play)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnRBpfS1Hq8

I've been thinking the same thing myself, but I don't like make predictions off of so little data. Imo, you have to have at least 2 weeks with a game to determine stuff like that. 

Expected by Infinity Ward. You guys act like you're surprised by this.

I am extremely surprised by this. With all the success BLOPS 2 has seen in the competitive scene with league play, CoD champs, youtube, etc... I cannot even fathom why they would remove league play and theater mode all together. On top of this there might not be CTF or Hardpoint in the game at all. Do you realize the repercussions of such decisions? Infinity Ward is almost making the same mistakes that Bungie did with Reach and 343 with H4. Sure they aren't changing the core of CoD but by removing a competitive ranking system you will drastically cut down the competitive community. I hope for the competitive communities sake that they have LAN settings that allow customization and the use of all in game weapons/perks/etc... Oh and if they don't have a spectator mode (I'm assuming that goes hand in hand with theater mode) than someone at Infinity Ward deserves a full out backhand to the face.

YES I'M SURPRISED.

all they really need is spectator mode. and by spec mode, i mean a basic one.  they dont even need the fancy treyarch one though that would be a plus.  

there will be a recurring million dollar championship.   and mlg is keeping it for next year.  plus they have UMG, GFINITY, EGL and other smaller orgs.  

no theater mode isn't going to ruin the esport scene.   

no league play is the only real thing that can have a negative affect.  then again gamebattles is still pretty big on non league play matches even when league play was introduced in bops 2.  

the gamemodes can be a toss up.  no ctf and hp sucks.  but there is still snd which can be the most entertaining mode (most suspense).  then maybe dom can be playable in ghosts, maybe that  new snd type gametype can work too.  

I am extremely surprised by this. With all the success BLOPS 2 has seen in the competitive scene with league play, CoD champs, youtube, etc... I cannot even fathom why they would remove league play and theater mode all together. On top of this there might not be CTF or Hardpoint in the game at all. Do you realize the repercussions of such decisions? Infinity Ward is almost making the same mistakes that Bungie did with Reach and 343 with H4. Sure they aren't changing the core of CoD but by removing a competitive ranking system you will drastically cut down the competitive community. I hope for the competitive communities sake that they have LAN settings that allow customization and the use of all in game weapons/perks/etc... Oh and if they don't have a spectator mode (I'm assuming that goes hand in hand with theater mode) than someone at Infinity Ward deserves a full out backhand to the face.

YES I'M SURPRISED.

Have you never played a Call of Duty before Black Ops 2 or a Infinity Ward game?

If you haven't, I guess it's ok for you too be surprised. This was expected to happen by Infinity Ward considering it's been happening every year they have released a new game. That is why I am stopping after MW3 and Call of Duty in general.

Have you never played a Call of Duty before Black Ops 2 or a Infinity Ward game?

If you haven't, I guess it's ok for you too be surprised. This was expected to happen by Infinity Ward considering it's been happening every year they have released a new game. That is why I am stopping after MW3 and Call of Duty in general.

I've played every Call of Duty. If I'm not mistaken there has always been CTF (Since CoD WoW) and League Play has seen alot of success since it's birth in BLOPS 2. I'm just confused as to why they wouldn't bring it back. I do understand that IW normally doesn't support the competitive scene though.