CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

Wasn't hardpoint introduced in Black Ops 2? Or like, I don't know, I don't follow it like that...but I don't see how it's a "staple" or how you said "stable" :kappa: . lol

I can't find the link after searching for it and the comments may have been in frustration to previous settings, but the complaints were about the use of Trophies and hill spawns. I'm almost certain it was Optic. Me personally I still think SnD is the way to go and always has been. Hardpoint is way too killstreak friendly and in competitive settings, capping the hill should not get you killstreak points imo. 

That would be a problem with killstreaks, not Hardpoint itself. Those decisions come down to whoever makes there competitive settings.

You do realize the Xbox One has a DVR that you can rewind any gameplay, which basically eliminates the need for theater?

So a massive fuck you to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 players? 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Infinity Ward has been sucking the D for a while now. It's disappointed to hear MLG chose to pick up Ghosts cause i have a feeling Blacks Ops 2 would've stayed strong for another year till the next TreyArch game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not really that surprised since the old IW is Respawn now.

Also, If theater mode is indeed the main reason for the connections feeling like ass the last few games then I would be happy without it honestly. As much as I didn't like MW2 the game had the best hit detection IMO.

I'm not really that surprised since the old IW is Respawn now.

Also, If theater mode is indeed the main reason for the connections feeling like ass the last few games then I would be happy without it honestly. As much as I didn't like MW2 the game had the best hit detection IMO.

I do believe there was a Tmartn video stating that when he discussed the lack of theater mode with the developers at the reveal, they said that was the exact reason why they removed it. Basically, BO1 had shit hit detection, MW3's was better, and BO2 is similar if not better than MW3's. It could easily been because the game was recording everything and still compensating for registering your bullets, while still communicating with the hostbox. I wouldn't be surprised if the hit detection goes back to MW2/CoD4 levels of detection. I think that's also why killtimes look extremely fast, similar to CoD4/MW2, hit detection is better, targets drop faster, all that good stuff.

In general its just the Quake engine limiting what Call of Duty can do, but next gen is allowing for it to compensate for the engine's downfalls.

Do game developers just hate competitive play in general? I don't get it. 

I only play Cod4 and Black ops 1, but this is definitely a slap in the face to the competitive scene. 

Anyone else see the Optic vs coL drama? People actually thinking coL cheats...makes literally 0 sense how people can be that stupid.

Also, even though I like Scump, the kid is kind of pathetic. He talks a big game, calling out coL for being cheaters, and then as soon as someone says something about him or his team, he becomes a whiny brat and gets as defensive as you can be. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen dude. Like Clayster joking about Optic being the "coL B-Team" Scump is still going on about it and whining about it. Grow up man.

Anyone else see the Optic vs coL drama? People actually thinking coL cheats...makes literally 0 sense how people can be that stupid.

Also, even though I like Scump, the kid is kind of pathetic. He talks a big game, calling out coL for being cheaters, and then as soon as someone says something about him or his team, he becomes a whiny brat and gets as defensive as you can be. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen dude. Like Clayster joking about Optic being the "coL B-Team" Scump is still going on about it and whining about it. Grow up man.

Makes for some interesting reads  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Makes for some interesting reads  :gandhi:

Of course haha who doesn't like drama. But people actually thinking complexity cheated and the Optic army attacking them was just stupid. Especially Nade and Scump getting involved and deleting tweets - and they were the two who started it. If your gonna call people out like that, you better be able to back it up.

That would be a problem with killstreaks, not Hardpoint itself. Those decisions come down to whoever makes there competitive settings.

Kills and points are a part of Hardpoint and I can understand to a degree how much they can influence the game. 

So a massive fuck you to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 players? 

I would assume yeah pretty much

You do realize the Xbox One has a DVR that you can rewind any gameplay, which basically eliminates the need for theater?

Every pro that I know of complains about Hardpoint. Besides we haven't even seen all their gametypes in action, yet less got a feel for them. A little early to be calling it the downfall, isn't it?

The fact that IW even mentioned esports is interesting as they neither need the small population of esports or have to include it, so the simple fact of them mentioning it gives me hope. I will reserve judgment until I play it. 

Theater still serves a purpose. You can't film from any other angle unless there's theater.

Infinity Ward has been sucking the D for a while now. It's disappointed to hear MLG chose to pick up Ghosts cause i have a feeling Blacks Ops 2 would've stayed strong for another year till the next TreyArch game.

I believe there is now a third developer making cods. Sledgehammer or something like that is their name. They will be making the next cod after ghosts than Treyarch after that. Treyarch won't have another cod game out until 2015, which is a long time in cod time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theater still serves a purpose. You can't film from any other angle unless there's theater.

Who knows what the Xbox is capable of yet fully?I know it may sound far fetched, but I think I will have to wait and see if the Xbox is capable of something similar. I still believe that theater should remain, but I guess they decided to cut it from development for a reason. 

What ever happened to "if it aint broke, don't fix it"? I hate how a game developer game sees a game become extremely successful like BOPS2 and then think "Wait let me put my own spin on this game". I understand they want to be creative and different but don't change the core game that has been successful already. Thats just my opinion. 

They already will hinder the competitive side of the game a lot by not putting in Hardpoint and CTF...

I'm a TO2 looking for 2 on cod. Hit me up to run.

GT: Frosty Evades

Don't be a cunt please.

If you find 2 and ever need a team to scrim, hit me up. Or if you just want to run LP, have pick up scrims or just whatever.

GT: Fordetoss

Re-watched the MP reveal for Ghosts. I really think I'm gonna put most of my time into that Squads mode. Depends on if the AI really is a lot smarter. I just get so frustrated playing COD against real people, but I always get the urge to play. Hopefully this the mode that I can enjoy lol

Wins and losses mean something?, skill based, sounds promising.

BUT with seeing Infinity Wards shitty terrible Leaderboards in the past, they will be hacked within 2 weeks

Don't get me wrong, it sounds good. I'm just skeptical that it will be any good. IW has never really done competitive and the fact that they chose to design their own formula instead of using or improving the current COD competitive formula worries me. 

Trying to watch the Optic 48 hour stream and again MLG doesn't allow mobile, like really? So what if you can't make money, you get new viewers in the long run. I just don't get it.

edit: their mobile bs link doesn't work either.

• Upvote (+1) 3