CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

343 already announced 60 fps and dedicated servers. I'm not totally counting them out, but they really need to get h5 right or it's gg.

If the core gameplay is still shit, than this two "features" will not change anything.

Well let me rephrase my question, I don't plan on transfering to Xbox One til next year til the release of Halo 5. So...

Will CoD DLC content come first to Xbox 360/Xbox One before any platform hence PS3/PS4/PC or is it only comes out first for Xbox One then Xbox360/PS3/PS4/PC?

Well let me rephrase my question, I don't plan on transfering to Xbox One til next year til the release of Halo 5. So...

Will CoD DLC content come first to Xbox 360/Xbox One before any platform hence PS3/PS4/PC or is it only comes out first for Xbox One then Xbox360/PS3/PS4/PC?

Pretty sure it's coming out at the same time across all platforms 

Pretty sure it's coming out at the same time across all platforms 

Actually I can't remember where, but I swear BF4 and COD are still going to release DLC on Xbox first. Notice the MP reveal was on Xbox and they only really talked about Xbox when talking about console transition, etc. 

No theater mode though? Infinity Ward, y u do dis?

Pretty sure theatre and other ESport features will be one of those "more will be announced later" situations.

My gut tells me.. I wouldnt worry too much about not having it. 

No ctf, hardpoint, or theater? ruh roh

However.. who cares right? With the developer putting it on MLG + CoD Champs is back for 2014 the game will be successful because people have things to play for.

Well hopefully 343 is watching this and is taking notes on the fact that COD Ghosts is going to have clan matches, spectator mode, and E-sports support. 

and the fact that Ghosts' gameplay is still the same with a few minor changes...other than that....pay attention to nothing else...please

No ctf, hardpoint, or theater? ruh roh

However.. who cares right? With the developer putting it on MLG + CoD Champs is back for 2014 the game will be successful because people have things to play for.

Are all of those confirmed (the no CTF, HP or Theater)?

Actually I can't remember where, but I swear BF4 and COD are still going to release DLC on Xbox first. Notice the MP reveal was on Xbox and they only really talked about Xbox when talking about console transition, etc. 

Yeah Microsoft has the bigger plus to this having scoring the deal to own DLCs first on Xbox platform

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/call-of-duty-ghosts-dlc-will-launch-first-on-xbox-one/

This is what I saw that DLC will be first on Xbox One but it didn't say Xbox 360.

Hopefully they didn't get rid of HP. That was easily the most enjoyable game type for the viewing experience and perhaps even the playing experience.

Streaming from the Xbox 1 through twitch will still apply for Ghosts tho?

Yeah, of course. They can't control what Microsoft does. I'm sure that's exactly why they probably discontinued it. However, the removal of theater will be a pain in the ass and will force me to always be recording as well as how I plan to get 3rd p shots will be fun and interesting. Good thing I have Boujou. 

Yeah Microsoft has the bigger plus to this having scoring the deal to own DLCs first on Xbox platform

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/call-of-duty-ghosts-dlc-will-launch-first-on-xbox-one/

This is what I saw that DLC will be first on Xbox One but it didn't say Xbox 360.

Yeah which is something I don't expect to last for another console generation I really thought they might do away with that this generation. The only obvious reason I can conjure for it is content and games area always designed on the lowest console aka the one that has the least graphics/mem/etc. Even though tests came back and said the Xbox One is more powerful than originally thought, the process has been with Xbox so long, I was actually not that shocked to see the pattern repeat. 

I expected much so. I don't want to jump in XB1 right away. Trying to decide to get Ghost on just Xbox 360 or just play on PC. Even though population for it is 10,000-20,000 estimately

It was mentioned from one of the youtubers, WoodysGamertag that they played Ghost with Xbox One controller on PC.

Well hopefully 343 is watching this and is taking notes on the fact that COD Ghosts is going to have clan matches, spectator mode, and E-sports support. 

Nope, instead they'll take knee slides, corner peeks, and the 11 perk system and have it implemented into Halo 5  :gandhi:

You are as ignorant as him.

1) Korean's created the term "eSport". They did that because a lot of the sponsors of Korean professional sports teams (basketball, etc) also sponsor the gaming teams. It's another division for them as it's just something standard to their standards.

2) A lot of professional athletes have shown support for "eSports" and respect their dedication and training for one of the highest forms of entertainment nowdays. 

No one is sullying anything, or making less of what an athlete is. It's actually sad, that you as a gamer, thinks that way...especially on a forum that is built to keep "COMPETITIVE" Halo around. Hate the term, but not what it's about. You just look like a huge hypocrite.

Just realized I never responded to this.

Not calling it an eSport, ever!

Respect the training and dedication? They say that for the cameras and when they arrive to MLG events or what have you, understand that was a PAID appearance. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Me bashing it as an eSport doesn't ruin it. I support competitive gaming because that is what it is. Poker is not a sport. Chess it not a sport. However they are both played at a competitive and professional level. We can survive good enough calling it what it is bro ham.

Sport by definition is :An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

As someone who has played video games competitively(GOW, may it Rest in Peace) and played various sports since I was 10, there is no comparison.

To compete in athletics, it is a daily focus and lifestyle. You have to eat right and maintain physical conditioning just to have the opportunity to play and not get grilled by your coach or parents.

For playing competitive games, it was basically just playing the game against other competitive teams for hours, mostly out of enjoyment, not out of necessity. Sure, sometimes I scrimmed to about 3am many nights, but it wasn't some exhausting task that left me dehydrated. 

Respect the training and dedication? They say that for the cameras and when they arrive to MLG events or what have you, understand that was a PAID appearance. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Me bashing it as an eSport doesn't ruin it. I support competitive gaming because that is what it is. Poker is not a sport. Chess it not a sport. However they are both played at a competitive and professional level. We can survive good enough calling it what it is bro ham.

Sport by definition is :An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

As someone who has played video games competitively(GOW, may it Rest in Peace) and played various sports since I was 10, there is no comparison.

To compete in athletics, it is a daily focus and lifestyle. You have to eat right and maintain physical conditioning just to have the opportunity to play and not get grilled by your coach or parents.

For playing competitive games, it was basically just playing the game against other competitive teams for hours, mostly out of enjoyment, not out of necessity. Sure, sometimes I scrimmed to about 3am many nights, but it wasn't some exhausting task that left me dehydrated. 

I never said it was a sport, but mockery of the term is ignorant when you don't know the derivative of why it is called that. We all know that "eSports" right now is marketed to sponsors as entertainment, and not as sports. Sports however, are a form of entertainment and people do watch them actively. Competitiveness is the key here. 

I never said it was a sport, but mockery of the term is ignorant when you don't know the derivative of why it is called that. We all know that "eSports" right now is marketed to sponsors as entertainment, and not as sports. Sports however, are a form of entertainment and people do watch them actively. Competitiveness is the key here.