CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

lol @ hoping DLC maps on a call of duty game will be good, history has shown the exact opposite. 

These maps aren't that bad, just jump into a domination playlist with your five friends, hold two points and spawn kill them at their flag. Simple, and easy. Helps you kind of learn areas of the map better too IMO. 

Either way you guys are sleeping on this game. It's not bad at all. Prestige mode is really cool too because you just create a new character, meaning you can always go back and use your level 60 any time you want w/o losing guns. I can't wait to finally prestige in this game, unlike other cod games. 

Not to mention support streaks are back and better than ever..

I use Sat Com, Ground Jammer, and Oracle... all of which are AMAZING and useful to your team!!! 

the only class I use is: (12 point system) 

MSBS red dot foregrip +1

no secondary no equipment -3

sleight of hand +2

stalker +3

dead silence +2

amplify +2

focus +2

You can thank me later because this is literally the goat class, you can switch out sleight of hand for something else if you wanted but I feel you need stalker and focus to win most of your gun fights, and you need amplify with dead silence to maximize the use of your headphones..

the sound in this game is like cod4 on crack!! unreal how important it is..

That still doesn't make the maps good...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me or is it really hard to see people in this game?

I feel like the graphics are really grainy from medium to long range.

This is something I noticed also - it's pretty frustrating having to spend an extra few milliseconds or so trying to make things out at longer ranges. 

That still doesn't make the maps good...

familiarity makes any map better, that's why everybody hates cod maps when the game first comes out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is something I noticed also - it's pretty frustrating having to spend an extra few milliseconds or so trying to make things out at longer ranges. 

The castle map and whiteout or whatever that crap snow map is is the worst.  It's super hard to see people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

familiarity makes any map better, that's why everybody hates cod maps when the game first comes out.

Wanna play a game of Let's name that small competitive CoD map?  You can do Ghosts and I will do BOps2, and I will only include the ones that came with the game at launch.

The last CoD I enjoyed was MW2, should I get this game? I won't be buying/playing another game until Titanfall.

I would agree for the past few COD games..

but these maps are no where near as intuitive as the past few CODS....

there's like garbage everywhere, broken things that block/create paths...It doesn't make any sense.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wanna play a game of Let's name that small competitive CoD map?  You can do Ghosts and I will do BOps2, and I will only include the ones that came with the game at launch.

Assuming that a map has to be small to be competitive ? < 

:)

Was having the worst luck ever.  Lost 1 maniac and 4 support packages all because they fell out of bounds or landed on the roof of a bus or some shit.

Assuming that a map has to be small to be competitive ? < 

:)

:kappa:

I forgot how competitive Sandtrap Team Snipers was!

That's hardly comparable. 

Well isn't that your point? That large maps can be competitive also in a 4 v 4 setting, it just tends to be slower gameplay and more camping.  Last time I remember, Sandtrap resembled this type of "competitiveness" in 4 v 4 Snipers.  Slower gameplay, you had to camp a bit and have a good shot.  

Anywho, we are not talking about large competitive maps since they have never really driven 4 v 4 CoD or Halo.  

Same reason why maps like Overflow never made it into BOps2 competitive scene and Valhalla never made it into Halo competitive scene.  Sure they can be played at a competitive level and are somewhat structured as competitive maps, but when it comes to 4 v 4 they should be irrelevant due to the fact that large maps enables more camping and slower gameplay.

So after a few hours I can honestly this game is better than MW3 which means it's not the worst COD ever. The maps are decent, but too big. There seems to be a lot of variety in guns while Blops 2 had 2-3 great ones. Overall pretty good for an IW game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So after a few hours I can honestly this game is better than MW3 which means it's not the worst COD ever. The maps are decent, but too big. There seems to be a lot of variety in guns while Blops 2 had 2-3 great ones. Overall pretty good for an IW game.

Best CoD mechanically since MW2. No broken camera, very good netcode, weapon variety is excellent.

Actually had a friend look at more of the source code than I did, most of it is copy pasted from MW2.

Black Ops II was great in terms of dev support, but it had the worst broken camera out of all of the CoDs and had the most connection based netcode for online play.

Anyone else get a sort of Halo 4 vibe when playing Ghosts? Not saying the games are similar, but I just get the same feeling that I did when I was playing H4 for the first few times.

Well I ended the night as a rank 33 so it's safe to say I've played my fair share of this game.

In the beginning, I hated it. I was completely used to the run and gun style of Black Ops 2 which got me killed quite often. Couple that with about zero map awareness and obviously I wasn't going to have a good time playing. But I must say, now that I've learned the ins and outs of most of the maps/how to play them, I'm having a pretty good time playing.

Weapon wise I've been ripping faces with the Honey Badger and the AK-12. Stalker and Focus are must haves with ARs. I like to go with QuickDraw and/or Ready Up as well. Basically any perk that will give you an advantage in a gun fight is worth using.

When it comes to gametypes I get the same gimmicky feel as I get with Halo 4. Cranked is a gimmicky TDM as Infinity Slayer is a gimmicky Team Slayer. Getting rid of CTF for Blitz reminds me of how 343 ruined Halo CTF. Hardpoint was never in an IW game so the exclusion of that is understandable but no CTF, Demolition, and even Headquarters is pathetic. These gametypes have basically been in every cod. I don't understand how porting them over to Ghosts could've taken too much time or harmed the game in any way. There's no excuse. Another thing that irks me is SnR(gimmicky SnD) taking the spot of SnD in the playlists. Sure, SnR works and is enjoyable, but why can't I play classic SnD?

I am enjoying the game overall though.

• Upvote (+1) 4

MSBS on a good connection is beyond OP, that thing is a shotgun at close range too. Enjoyable to use though, seeing as most people don't use it for whatever reason. Been playing FFA a bit, and have been enjoying myself for the most part. Not sure if they made completely different spawns for FFA versus team play, but there are some horrendously wack spawns in FFA where you spawn not 5 feet from someone running past and get a free klll. Also, in order to drop shot someone, you have to start holding prone before you even see the person for it to be viable, you die before you can even get to the ground if the person you're shooting isn't terrible.

Back to halo by the end of the week.  :kappa: /

IW 'Quick scoping has been removed' 

I find that the troll quote of the century, if anything it seems a lot easier for people to hit them and seems easier to snipe zoomed in.

I returned my copy.  The maps were pretty bad + no gametypes that I really enjoyed.  What a shame, bops2 was so good.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I played last night and really enjoyed it, I wasn't getting mad just yet bc I had ZERO map awareness so I wasnt going to blame the game for me not knowing. I also had no clue what to buy so I just bought the MSBS. My god that thing is GOAT. I destroyed once I got the slightest awareness of where to go and where not to go. Once I get more familiar with the game I think I will still enjoy it.

Honestly if I play a game with friends then I have a lot of fun. I dont really care if this game isnt as good as BLOPS 2. My friends (casuals) couldnt keep up with the run and gun playstyle of BLOPS 2 so they returned there discs while I was stuck playing alone. Dont get wrong I enjoyed playing BLOPS 2 but at the same time it was boring not playing with my friends. They are both gonna get this game and we are gonna just pub stomp so it should be fun for me again. I really enjoy it so far, although I have only played like a handful of games.