CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

Activision didn't want to be in a situation where their cheaper title was competing with their more expensive title, costing them money. However, they still wanted to remake CoD 4, so they made it an optional bundle. Definitely a dick move, but I see the motivation behind it.

Infinity Ward are playing it safe by bundling the two games together. That way they can always say

"Infinite Warfare was a huge successful we sold X amount of copies" .

Could you imagine if they released COD 4 remastered separately, it would really impact Infinite Warfare sales and population.

Im so pumped for COD4 remastered. Its where it all started for me, it was my first COD and it hooked me. I poured endless hours into COD4, WaW, MW2, MW3 and BO1. 

I like what I see from the comments they made about COD4 remastered. That it was a visual upgrade and that everything else would remain the same.

This coming year is super exciting. I'm eagerly awaiting COD4, Battalion 1944 and Battlefield 5 (hopefully a ww2 game) 

lol I've heard they are charging 90€ (~105 USD) for the bundle...

I wouldn't be surprised if you have to have the disk running to to play CoD4 so don't be too sure that you can sell the main game...

lol I've heard they are charging 90€ (~105 USD) for the bundle...

I wouldn't be surprised if you have to have the disk running to to play CoD4 so don't be too sure that you can sell the main game...

I highly doubt the will or care. As long as they get that initial first sale, they're fine with it.

I bet it will be fucking perfect and then I'll cry myself to sleep thinking what could have been for halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

damn i forgot COD used to be a respectable game. did they confirm that MP would be included?

Yes, and dedicated servers. I don't believe them though, they said that for Ghost and AW.

Yes, and dedicated servers. I don't believe them though, they said that for Ghost and AW.

hell yeah. can't wait to earn that red tiger on my m40a1 w/ acog scope

• Upvote (+1) 1

hell yeah. can't wait to earn that red tiger on my m40a1 w/ acog scope

Omg yes. I only ever got it on the M16 back in the day, red bar Australia connection OP.

Omg yes. I only ever got it on the M16 back in the day, red bar Australia connection OP.

i'm not proud to admit that i went into 1v1 mode to get mp44 headshots so i could get the gold ak47. all my other gold skins were legit though

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm not proud to admit that i went into 1v1 mode to get mp44 headshots so i could get the gold ak47. all my other gold skins were legit though

I always sucked huge cock until I realised (I was really young at the time) that connection really really mattered. So I only played on Australian hosts and finally realised I wasn't terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this game was played competitively by the pros, that'd be fucking sick. But just as with MCC and our desire to play Halo 2 and CE, 343 shoved H2A down our throats, and the same will happen with Infinity Ward and Infinite Warfare. 

I highly doubt the will or care. As long as they get that initial first sale, they're fine with it.

Well, We will have to wait and see...

with almost the entire industry trying to fight the used games market, I have problems believen that CoD might do something that has the potential to flood the used game market with basically unused copies of their latest game on release day, if it were that easy to get hands on the remaster, why not make it available as a (overpriced) stand alone so you don't have a couple thousend people returning/reselling their infinite warfare copie?

I'm hoping I'm wrong but better expect the worst ;)

Well, We will have to wait and see...

with almost the entire industry trying to fight the used games market, I have problems believen that CoD might do something that has the potential to flood the used game market with basically unused copies of their latest game on release day, if it were that easy to get hands on the remaster, why not make it available as a (overpriced) stand alone so you don't have a couple thousend people returning/reselling their infinite warfare copie?

I'm hoping I'm wrong but better expect the worst ;)

By bundling the games together, it makes it impossible for the remaster to outsell their new game.

Also, you have to spend $80 in order to get Cod 4 included. I'm willing to bet that even if you return Infinite Warfare, you're only going to get a max of $30 back (I haven't returned any games in years since I have been all digital since X1, but I remember it was previously $30 if you returned a new game for credit).

So to essentially pay $50 for an old game with updated graphics and only 10 maps, I think most people will choose to keep both versions regardless of which one they play more. And being that IW will have zombies, dlc, updates, and more, many people will end up playing both. Especially the ones who never even played Cod 4 to begin with.

I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. I will not get excited for a remaster. 

fuck

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gonna be pissed if they dont remake Ambush. Loved that map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we know if there is a PC version of COD: Modern Warfare Remastered?  Should I assume that, if I preorder the legacy edition on Steam, that I would get COD4: Remastered?  Just want to know.

Do we know if there is a PC version of COD: Modern Warfare Remastered?  Should I assume that, if I preorder the legacy edition on Steam, that I would get COD4: Remastered?  Just want to know.

PC, X1 and PS4

Overgrown! I'm excited to get the M40A3 back in my hands

Never got into sniping in any other COD game, it didn't feel as good.

PC, X1 and PS4

Alrighty then.  Gonna get my Legacy Edition Infinite Warfare bundle then, eventually.

It is just a trailer but hell infinite warfare looks bad. I have zero hype watching that trailer and I feel that if anything it is going to be as bland as Ghosts. Remember when Microsoft and Sony said that hard copies of games would be attached to boxes and thus you couldn't resell them and Gamestop's stock hit rock bottom and there was so much outcry that both companies recanted? Can we please do that again with COD4 not being sold separately?

If not surely they'll offer it separately just in time for Christmas after cashing in on all the pre orders 

Overgrown! I'm excited to get the M40A3 back in my hands

Never got into sniping in any other COD game, it didn't feel as good.

M40A3 with an Acog scope. Took no skill, but still felt so rewarding.

M40A3 with an Acog scope. Took no skill, but still felt so rewarding.

See I never ran an ACOG on my snipers.

In fact I got to a point after I'd unlocked everything where I would run every class with no attachments or camo's and use the least annoying perks I could, just for a bit of a challenge.