CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

All them pros have to switch to PS4 lolz

Forcing everybody to get a new console when the X1 came out 2 games ago will definitely hurt the scene. I wonder if the championship will even payout $1 million USD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is pretty awful news for the competitive scene...but that looked like AW2 with some Titanfall mixed in. Maybe it's just time for it to die.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All them pros have to switch to PS4 lolz

I don't care who gets DLC first as long as each console has 4 player split screen local MP!

• Downvote (-1) 2

there goes cod champs, people on reddit are funny if they think sony has the money to put up the same prizepool.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what is up with Sony and COD? Is PS4 just getting all the DLC first now? Why are they switching the tourneys up from XBOX to PlayStation?

So what is up with Sony and COD? Is PS4 just getting all the DLC first now? Why are they switching the tourneys up from XBOX to PlayStation?

More people on PS4's more money to have over there, simple as that.

PS: I shit my pants at how awesome BO3's trailer was.

That is pretty awful news for the competitive scene...but that looked like AW2 with some Titanfall mixed in. Maybe it's just time for it to die.

CoD will never die no matter how hard the games fail

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if Microsoft noticed the decline in CoD's popularity and said 'nah' to the exclusive rights.

Might be the case, because MLG's monopoly isnt helping much growth.

OR it could be because PS4 has sold much, much more than Xbone.

Might be a mixture of both, but I think the last one is more correct.

//

Kinda bummed Sony gets DLC first. The worst part is that they get the beta first.

The contract between M$ and Activision expired and instead Sony is partnered with them now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CoD will never die no matter how hard the games fail

We used to say that about Halo and WoW. Halo is dead (let's be real here) and WoW is dying. No game lasts forever and CoD is trending downward.

• Upvote (+1) 2

BO3 does look like AW2, but COD never really changes... :flames:

The "looks like AW2" thing is so over-blown.  Watch the gameplay, the "double jumping" is minimal and is pretty much only good for jumping over boxes/ledges and into small windows.  There are virtually no "mid-air gunfights" which is the big thing that people complained about with AW.

Yes you have a "mini booster", but this game doesn't look to play very much like AW.  Even the wall-running looks pretty slow.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We used to say that about Halo and WoW. Halo is dead (let's be real here) and WoW is dying. No game lasts forever and CoD is trending downward.

Now that I think of it, yes CoD doesn't have much going for it if this game flops which I suspect it will. Doesn't really matter a lot of people have accepted cods destiny and moved on there will be something new to take it's place.

I'm really disappointing in MS letting Sony win it, its obvious MS doesn't want it anymore. IDK it just bothers me that a game I might play (if good) won't have the competitive edge/community.