CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

Well, supposedly MLG is making suggestions to SH and ultimately SH decides what the competitive gametypes will be. Some pros really hate uplink but its still going to be used for this weekend's 2k. This is like H4 ricochet all over again lol

I came across an interesting thread on the CoD Competitive Reddit one time titled "should pros solely make the competitive settings?" And most people agreed--which is kinda weird. They definitely value the pros more than we do I'd say, but that's because they didn't have a hiatus of tournaments like us, which resulted in us solely discussing what makes the game competitive for a super long time.

All I play is the classic game modes, I can't deal with the randomness of these new movements. I still wish they made this a WW2 game.

So basically Formal, Scump, Nadeshot, and people are thinking Crimsix as the 4th? That's more slaying power then anyone should ever need. Congrats to Formal, honestly I think it would be a good idea for him to start using Youtube while he is with this team, so if he even gets dropped then he'll have a popular channel to fall back on and stuff like that. 

Proofy is on Optic Nation now? So he didn't leave the house lol.

So basically Formal, Scump, Nadeshot, and people are thinking Crimsix as the 4th? That's more slaying power then anyone should ever need. Congrats to Formal, honestly I think it would be a good idea for him to start using Youtube while he is with this team, so if he even gets dropped then he'll have a popular channel to fall back on and stuff like that. 

Proofy is on Optic Nation now? So he didn't leave the house lol.

Yeah all accurate. Both Proofy and Clayster got the offer to go to Nation but Clay decided to go to nV instead. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fourth is Crimsix but there is a major holdup regarding his contract with Evil Geniuses, who appear to not want to let him go.  Apparently tonight Clayster said in his stream that he believes Optic Gaming will end up going to Columbus with Flamesword as a fill-in, because Crimsix's contract supposedly ends on December 1st.  Then post-Columbus they'll simply add Crimsix as a "bench player" onto their MLG League roster and subsequently promote him into the starting lineup once the Season commences.

The whole EG situation is highly confusing because it seems to be all over the place.  Its looking like Crimsix and Dedo are trapped, yet TeePee will supposedly be granted a release from his contract.  No idea what they're doing with Aches and Karma, but they both don't seem to be as stuck as Crim and Dedo.

The fourth is Crimsix but there is a major holdup regarding his contract with Evil Geniuses, who appear to not want to let him go.  Apparently tonight Clayster said in his stream that he believes Optic Gaming will end up going to Columbus with Flamesword as a fill-in, because Crimsix's contract supposedly ends on December 1st.  Then post-Columbus they'll simply add Crimsix as a "bench player" onto their MLG League roster and subsequently promote him into the starting lineup once the Season commences.

The whole EG situation is highly confusing because it seems to be all over the place.  Its looking like Crimsix and Dedo are trapped, yet TeePee will supposedly be granted a release from his contract.  No idea what they're doing with Aches and Karma, but they both don't seem to be as stuck as Crim and Dedo.

It's weird that they don't have some kind of claus in the contract to give them the freedom to switch teams, this is like major league sports type of contracts, pretty crazy.

I would like to officially state before any tournaments, or any online tournaments that I have watched, I am an Optic gaming fan. Call me a fanboy, call me whatever, I just wanna see Formal do well. The guy is one of my favorite Halo players and is easily my favorite COD player. 

However, I won't be dishing out hate to anyone who isn't an optic fan, I am just merely an Optic fan because Formal is on there haha. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I guess it was the worst kept secret in CoD but EG finally sold the rights of the 3 players to Optic and released the other two. 

OG - Formal, Crimsix, Scumpi, Nadeshot

ON - Teepee, mBoze, Proofy, Karma

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I guess it was the worst kept secret in CoD but EG finally sold the rights of the 3 players to Optic and released the other two. 

OG - Formal, Crimsix, Scumpi, Nadeshot

ON - Teepee, mBoze, Proofy, Karma

Nice work Aches, congratulations dawg

Nice work Aches, congratulations dawg

Yeah. All of his teammates left him for Optic and he is stuck on FaZe with Censor. I think Apathy is a pretty strong player and was probably the most underrated elite player in Ghosts. I wouldn't be surprised if FaZe snatches up a solid 4th like Dedo or Mochilla. 

I think both Optic teams look really great on paper, we will have to see how well they play though. 

Crimsix and Formal just moved into the Optic house right? How many people are living there and how many freaking rooms do they have!? haha. 

Isn't it Scump, Nade, Formal, Crim, Boze, Bigtymer, Flamesword, and Proofy? 

I think both Optic teams look really great on paper, we will have to see how well they play though. 

Crimsix and Formal just moved into the Optic house right? How many people are living there and how many freaking rooms do they have!? haha. 

Isn't it Scump, Nade, Formal, Crim, Boze, Bigtymer, Flamesword, and Proofy? 

They do have a bunch of people at the house right now but I'm not sure how many are staying long term outside of Nade, Formal, Crim, and mBoze. The rest may be in and out. Also, OG lost to nV in the 2k in a close series on Saturday. They lost a really close CTF game 3 in a bo3. Then on Sunday (this is on 4 days of practice), they played in the 5k and matched up with Denial in the quarterfinals. Probably the best series of online Call of Duty in the past year. They won it 3-2 after falling behind 2-0 with almost every game being close. The game 3 CTF comeback was especially insane. OG then went on to win the 5k.

But this is the full footage of the series vs Denial

• Upvote (+1) 4

Got to play the other day for the first time at a buddies house. Haven't touched CoD since block ops I think.

It's pretty easy to see why this game does so well, but it was interesting to see the game actually progressing.

I had enough fun the other night I'm contemplating buying it if I get an xbone.

I can't get into this at all. I wish Treyarch would make every CoD. All these Titanfall movements just add even more bullshit randomness to the game. 

I can't get into this at all. I wish Treyarch would make every CoD. All these Titanfall movements just add even more bullshit randomness to the game. 

Try out Classic mode where exosuit movement is disabled.

MLG Columbus Schedule

MLG Columbus Open – 25K Series – CoD AW – Pool Play Schedule

Friday – 6:00 PM EDT

Main Stage – (1) OpTic Gaming vs. (8) Team Kaliber – Pool A

Station 1 – (4) Team EnVyUs vs. (5) Aware Gaming NA – Pool D

Station 2 – (9) Prophecy vs. (16) STDx ESPORT – Pool A

Station 3 – (12) Strictly Business vs. (13) Carnage – Pool D

Friday – 7:00 PM EDT

Main Stage – (2) JusTus vs. (10) OpTic Nation – Pool B

Station 1 – (6) FaZe vs. (14) CLS eSports – Pool C

Station 2 – (7) Rise Nation vs. (15) Automatic Reload – Pool B

Station 3 – (3) Denial eSports vs. (11) Stunner Gaming – Pool C

Friday – 8:30 PM EDT

Main Stage – (1) OpTic Gaming vs. (9) Prophecy – Pool A

Station 1 – (4) Team EnVyUs vs. (12) Strictly Business – Pool D

Station 2 – (8) Team Kaliber vs. (16) STDx ESPORT – Pool A

Station 3 – (5) Aware Gaming NA vs. (13) Carnage – Pool D

Friday – 10:00 PM EDT

Main Stage – (3) Denial eSports vs. (6) FaZe – Pool C

Station 1 – (2) JusTus vs. (7) Rise Nation – Pool B

Station 2 – (11) Stunner Gaming vs. (14) CLS eSports – Pool C

Station 3 – (10) OpTic Nation vs. (15) Automatic Reload – Pool B

Saturday – 1:30 PM EDT

Station TBD – (1) OpTic Gaming vs. (17) Open Bracket Team – Pool A

Station TBD – (15) Automatic Reload vs. (18) Open Bracket Team – Pool B

Station TBD – (6) FaZe vs. (19) Open Bracket Team – Pool C

Station TBD – (4) Team EnVyUs vs. (20) Open Bracket Team – Pool D

Saturday – 3:00 PM EDT

Station TBD – (8) Team Kaliber vs. (17) Open Bracket Team – Pool A

Station TBD – (10) OpTic Nation vs. (18) Open Bracket Team – Pool B

Station TBD – (3) Denial eSports vs. (19) Open Bracket Team – Pool C

Station TBD – (12) Strictly Business vs. (20) Open Bracket Team – Pool D

Saturday – 4:00 PM EDT

Station TBD – (1) OpTic Gaming vs. (16) STDx ESPORT – Pool A

Station TBD – (2) JusTus vs. (15) Automatic Reload – Pool B

Station TBD – (6) FaZe vs. (11) Stunner Gaming – Pool C

Station TBD – (4) Team EnVyUs vs. (13) Carnage – Pool D

Saturday – 4:30 PM EDT

Station TBD – (9) Prophecy vs. (17) Open Bracket Team – Pool A

Station TBD – (7) Rise Nation  vs. (18) Open Bracket Team – Pool B

Station TBD – (14) CLS eSports vs. (19) Open Bracket Team – Pool C

Station TBD – (5) Aware Gaming NA vs. (20) Open Bracket Team – Pool D

Saturday – 5:30 PM EDT

Station TBD – (8) Team Kaliber vs. (9) Prophecy – Pool A

Station TBD – (7) Rise Nation vs. (10) OpTic Nation – Pool B

Station TBD – (3) Denial eSports vs. (14) CLS eSports – Pool C

Station TBD – (5) Aware Gaming NA vs. (12) Strictly Business – Pool D

Saturday – 6:00 PM EDT

Station TBD – (16) STDx ESPORT vs. (17) Open Bracket Team – Pool A

Station TBD – (2) JusTus vs. (18) Open Bracket Team – Pool B

Station TBD – (11) Stunner Gaming vs. (19) Open Bracket Team – Pool C

Station TBD – (13) Carnage vs. (20) Open Bracket Team – Pool D

*All times are subject to change based on the length of Matches.

Be sure to check back with the site throughout the weekend as we bring you updates with the players all weekend long.

• Upvote (+1) 1